It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch a Spaceship Leave Earth in Stunning ISS Video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
fake.

How good of you to take the trouble to write such an eloquent answer without justifying your actions.Yes it is fake in a way because what you're seeing didn't happen in real time but is assembled from a whole series of REAL (not fake) sequential still images taken over a longer period.It is CGI because it needed a computer to re-assemble these still images and apply the necessary codec to turn it into something that can be played as a video.So these images are generated by a computer in the first place because it's not an image until a computer turns the RAW or JPEG file into something we can see,before that it's just a whole string of hex code.Even the photo you just took a couple of minutes ago of your kids playing tennis and then went inside the house to look at it your PC screen is CGI as it's a computers interpretation of the data that's been given to it.
What happened there is not fake though,there was a DSLR camera in the ISS taking time lapse photographs at preset intervals that have been compressed and made into a short video for our enjoyment.
In the same way the time lapse video I took of me clearing my back garden was fake.I took one photo every ten seconds so it compressed 4 hours down into a bit over 1 minute.The resulting video is fake because in reality I wasn't moving around my garden like Barry Allan (The Flash),but it is real because I was there.
Soooooooooo............... do you have any actual proof that it's fake?
edit on 24-11-2018 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
What's with the inundation of low-intelligence posters coming here and shouting "fake!!" without any effort in actually explaining specifically what they think is "fake" about it and why?

The bulk of them probably have no technical knowledge on how cameras work - and how low light conditions require long exposure time and high ISO - which results in grainy looking images with blurry lights... and that's fine, we can't be expected to know everything... but at least take the god damn time to read the posts of those that do know about this and have put the effort in explaining some of the issues brought up, before coming here and voicing your ignorance on the subject.

// End of rant

As for the video - amazing!! S&F

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This looks just as real as Santa Claus.

But of course believing in NASA is the intellectual stance and everyone else is just ignorant. Hah!

People are waking up everyday and I can't wait for the intellectual social pressure to laugh at people who still believes in what we are shown to be space.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

heh

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Op, thanks nice find!

a reply to: theMediator

Interesting topic. What do you think it is then? While I don't think it's the following I've heard of people claiming these before:
Flat space. Flat Multiverse. Even this: Flat Nibiru!

Holographic? Now that's a fun one.

Dae

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux
You are not that far off - It sort of isn't real video. Or regular video anyway.

It is a timelapse of hundreds of photos, each taken with an exposure time far greater than that of typical video, which allows for otherwise dimm objects to appear bright(er).

Ah- hah! Well this answers the seeing stars question better, as I've seen plenty of film from ISS during the nightside of Earth and I've never seen the stars then!

Thanks for that!

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

All ways some excuse!
they Never was stars in ANY photos or films.
its just they now have the technology to ADD they.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
umm ya i dunno.

This looks fake to me (CGI) and the object isn't rotating with the earth (bad physics oversight when creating this CGI render)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko
What's with the inundation of low-intelligence posters coming here and shouting "fake!!" without any effort in actually explaining specifically what they think is "fake" about it and why?

The bulk of them probably have no technical knowledge on how cameras work - and how low light conditions require long exposure time and high ISO - which results in grainy looking images with blurry lights... and that's fine, we can't be expected to know everything... but at least take the god damn time to read the posts of those that do know about this and have put the effort in explaining some of the issues brought up, before coming here and voicing your ignorance on the subject.

// End of rant

Welcome to ATS, where if it doesn't look like your ignorant expectations, it must be fake.
Or, to put it more concisely:

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Sean Doran has just posted this version of the video, using interpolated frames to play the video at x4 the real-time speed.

www.youtube.com...

You can play it at 0.25 speed for the real-time effect.

I spotted something in this video - a meteor striking the atmosphere. Here's the photo that caught it: eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

Crop:

edit on 24-11-2018 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Round earth propaganda.

Nothing more.

Nah... "Round Earth Privilege"?
edit on 24-11-2018 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPNoble
Looks incredibly fake, looks like the rocket almost follows the ISS even though it shot straight up into our atmosphere. ISS would of lost sight of it alot faster than it did. I say BS and looks to be CGI

Well, the rocket was heading in the same direction the ISS was heading at the time - east. That's the whole point of lanuching these missions - to catch up to the ISS and dock with it.

The rocket's trajectory was curving towards the camera, hence no visible curve. Rockets don't shoot straight up into space, they need to achieve very high horizontal speed in order to achive an orbit.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
It's interesting to analyse the photos and try to spot various stages of the launch.

Here's the moment the rocket discarded its four strap-on boosters: eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

Third stage ignition: eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

The second (core) stage burn up on reentry: eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

You can see the pieces of it trailing behind. Very spectatuclar!

Oh, and one more meteor strike: eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

edit on 25-11-2018 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Now I wanna play Mass effect again.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha

All ways some excuse!
they Never was stars in ANY photos or films.
its just they now have the technology to ADD they.

Uh-huh

Apollo 16 shot of Venus, Mars and Saturn along with a whole bunch of stars.

Here's the Stellarium view from the same date and time/

So you should probably check your facts before shouting "they were no stars in the photos".

onebigmonkey.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I made a gif from the original photos, showing the reentry of the 2nd stage.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

How do we know you haven't made it in your back yard using leftover fireworks?!

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Thank you for such an awesome thread wildespace. You have a lot of patience for the faker callers.lol

Love it.. More please.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

What I'd like to know is, what are those red flashing lights near one of the cities?

Aircraft warning lights on top of tall buildings perhaps ?
That's all I got.

I think I've figured it out - they are warning lights on the hills, for planes approaching Zhalantun Chengjisihan Airport.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
A good flat Earther should be able to knock this down in three lines or less.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join