It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NTS Repent and be baptised

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54
True, but this series has already got a couple of dozen components!
The advantage of combining them was that I could show the logical connection.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: KansasGirl
My interpretation of speaking in tongues refers to foreigners traveling through an area during biblical days and speaking in their own foreign languages that no local person could understand.

Speaking in tongues...

That's where I come out on the issue; at Pentecost the apostles were able to speak other languages in order to transmit the gospel to other Jews there from different places.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Thanks for the reply. Interesting about your experience with tongues.

Your description of your experience makes me doubt a little less. But in general I have unbelief in this area and am not sure where to land on the issue.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl
It's evident from 1 Corinthians that some people were making a big thing out of it, and Paul disapproved of them making a big thing out of it. So it's best left in the background as something which might happen, but doesn't need to happen.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Did you repent of every sin when you heard the Gospel of the kingdom?

Then you are not saved.

Did you get baptized because of the Gospel of the kIngdom.

then you are not save

and are you doing works meet for repentance as required under the gospel of the kingdom?

If you missed it one time you are not saved.

Namely because this message was to Jews only.

Learn the difference between the Gospel of the kingdom and the gospel of the grace of God, and the everlasting Gospel as presented in the AV1611. Until then you remained unsaved and uncalled this work you have taken on your own.

You have wrongly combined the word of truth not rightly divided the word of Truth as found in 2Tim2:15.
edit on 1-12-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
You have wrongly combined the word of truth not rightly divided the word of Truth as found in 2Tim2:15.

I have not forgotten your gross misunderstanding of the English of Matthew ch13 v44, and for that reason I don't regard you as a reliable judge of the word of truth.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

then you will remain ignorant to God's truth and his words and will only be able as in all your work PARROT what others have said before you. Just refer us to their work.

edit on 10-12-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
That is, I don't accept your claim to authority, any more than I accept the Pope's claim to authority. That's the heart of the problem, isn't it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join