It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Global Compact on Migration.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hello fellow members of ATS,

Well I have stumbled upon a rather interesting article written in the Toronto Sun no less. The article is in regards to a new UN legislation which attempts to address the social issue of massive migration.

Canada, it seems, is one of a number of countries who are supporting this legislation. In fact, according to the article, Justin Trudeau supports it very much (no surprises there). What strikes me as interesting about this, is that unlike many other important issues in this country, I didn't hear anything about it until now. Why the lack of coverage on this ?

Did you happen to hear about any votes we had to be a part of this legislation ? I suppose it's our duty as a member nation right ?

Let's move on, so the simplified version of this soon to pass legislation is that Europe has done its share. It is now time for other member nations to do their part and tackle the problem by sharing the weight amongst ourselves. Is it coincidental timing or what ?

Back to the article itself, it does have some bias given the writer is not a fan of Trudeau, and appears to be leaning towards the conservative party. Oh did I also forget to mention Hillary is also mentioned in the same stroke as Harper ? (Former Canadian Prime Minister)

That aside however, what do you guys think about this? Will this become the next big issue in regards to the "caravan" at the United States southern border ?

This has certainly given me pause to think about what might come next. I'd like to hear what you all think, here is the link for the article, please discuss.

torontosun.com...

Here is a second article with more details, and a direct quote from Ms.Maria Espinosa, president of the UN general assembly.

"We have seen lately unusual migration flows that need to be tackled and addressed multilaterally. And the response is precisely the Global Compact.”

news.un.org...

edit on 23-11-2018 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

It also threatens to shut down any negative press about immigration. In other words any news that speaks negatively about the globalist push for open borders will be punished for doing so.

Will there be screams about freedom of the press over this draconian unenforceable pact?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

You know, whats interesting about this is that its obvious that the Progressives are worried about the migration problem only because they are worried it will cause an eruption of populist nationalism. See: www.nytimes.com...

They have no concern about the turmoil and cultural dislocation the migration causes, in fact they seem to welcome it. No........its the rise of nasty right wingers that keeps them up at night.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yes that's something which I read Tony Blair state, that if the void is not filled by a governing force, it will be by a populist one.

It seems as though our politicians in some respects are paying attention and dont want the balance to shift too much in one direction.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

That is indeed a valid point as well, and one that I had not considered, thank you for your input. We are already seeing a stark contrast between the news coming out of mexico, and the news in our countries.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Good thing the U.N. Has no enforcement power or the ability to direct policies of a sovereign nation. They will surely try and no doubt Democrats will kowtow to whatever their global overlords want, but this is basically more of the same globalist BS like Agends 21.

edit on 2018/11/23 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
At least we know who we will be eating first.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Good thing the U.N. Has no enforcement power or the ability to direct policies of a sovereign nation. They will surely try and no doubt Democrats will kowtow to whatever their global overlords want, but this is basically more of the same globalist BS like Agends 21.

Agreed. Remember when the U.N. appointed Saudi Arabia to the Human Rights Coalition? You know, at the same time women would be stoned to death for being raped.

I remember that. The U.N. is what it has always been; a Rothschild tentacle.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I watched the video on the UN compact at their sites. These people who wrote it are in LaLa land, they must be related to those in Los Angeles....that is where the LaLa comes from.

How can a country take in a real lot of these migrants without it interfering with their society, especially when the governments give them more priveledges and rights than the citizens have. Something is wrong with the logic of these people organizing this, immigration has to be slow to successfully place these people into our societies, they need to be conditioned to fit in most times. You cannot just put a bunch of chickens in with your flock, you have to integrate them properly or they start pecking at each other. We have enough polarization in our society today without starting to force piles of new improperly conditioned immigrants into the societies.

Why can't we just work with the other governments to get them to be more humane. The UN is getting all messed up these days, they need to put more wise people in that organization, right now they have some of the most irrational people in the world influencing their policies.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
From what I see there is little to worry about here. It has been almost 7 weeks since Haley abruptly resigned as US ambassador to the UN and thus far, as far as I can ascertain, Trump has not found a replacement. Will he have one by the time this vote takes place in early December?

And what if he doesn't. Will the US not have a vote? Will there be underlings who can vote in her stead? Or will Trump just pull us out of the UN all together....

This could be the near future huh? Then we won't have to worry about the UN any more and we can just go our separate way.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
A number of Eastern European countries are singing off this ridicules UN legislation "Migration" if anything this legislation is nothing more then an population replacement agenda push for recent countries.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
A number of Eastern European countries are singing off this ridicules UN legislation "Migration" if anything this legislation is nothing more then an population replacement agenda push for recent countries.

And it will be the Chinese. All them ghost cities in China is where the migrants will end up. What will happen to them. Well, the implants will do its job if they don't obey.

new topics

top topics

join