It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday shopping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Sitting at IHOP after an early morning.
Pretty calm here in northern indiana.
I think many stores opened on Thanksgiving around 6 and that made the crowds dwindle today.

Kind of a bummer that I dont see any fights..
It would be so cool to see a fight at the karate clothing store....ha

Apparently the chaos isn't just an American thing either.
Brazil, south Africa

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I got a kick-arse pair of winter boots marked down from $110 to $45.
One woman shoved me. I didn't mind.

Still quieter than expected out there!

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
My group of girls went out last night to Knoxville and got home around 2:30 or 3, I was not totally coherent but, I was alert enough to know that they were home safe.
They report that it was a little crowded, not at all like last year. No fighting and only a few bumps, elbows and shoves.
They got some "great deals" although I think that the stores mark them up to mark them down, I could be wrong about that.

They are old enough now to do their own shopping and the financial break for moms is kind of nice. Instead of the necessities like clothes and shoes and such, I can buy them the fun things like put money in their savings, car tires...thing like that LOL

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

You are completely correct.

The stores mark up then down, to mislead.

I worked at a place that did this. Mark something at 3x rrp but keep it in the warehouse for 3 months. Then put it out in a promo stand at normal price and the people lap it up. Terrible

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Yeah, I bought a champion brand hoodie today for $18.
The cashier said I saved $27....

Riiight

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I haven't seen any local reports of violence yet. I did read about a shooting at a mall down near Birmingham.
There was a shooting near a strip club Nashville but, that's really par for the course, unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Black Friday is past time...almost!
Most of the advertising here was by online sites by big callers like Amazon, and if the high street chains are not online they are bugjiggered.
So if you are buying online all you need to do is wait....and wait...and wait!

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

It's hard to buy clothes online.
But girt cards always fit.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I am picking up a 75inch 4K Samsung tv after work today, the finishing touch in the basement.
Pretty stoked up only 1900$CDN

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Lol,,, only

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I’m a Warehouse supervisor at a big box retailer, ask me anything

We had a huge delivery of 100 TVs this morning bc why not?!! And I’m not even there with my team, they are just kids!!

We had fun yesterday and it’s truly a great time!! Now that they’ve learned how to manage the chaos with tickets and crowd control it’s just kind of an energetic buzz!

I’m about to head in and move some giant TVs out for you to buy!!

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Good deal for what I am getting, I am measuring my basement stairs at lunch to see if I can fit the 82inch

edit on 23-11-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The best deals I have found are online.

The Samsung 32 inch curved monitors are $168 bucks at walmart.com (free shipping and delivered to my door).

I got my wife a pair of them.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

The best deals I have found are online.

The Samsung 32 inch curved monitors are $168 bucks at walmart.com (free shipping and delivered to my door).

I got my wife a pair of them.

Yep!

Snagged me an 8qt One pot for $70, or are they called Insta pots?? CRS is bad lately
edit on 23-11-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Sure, sure, I'm enjoying Black Friday shopping, from the comfort of my computer

I've snagged a couple of really decent deals on things I've had on my eye on most of the year, but I'm not going whole hog today. I've learned from years of being frugal that there will be more discounts to come online in the coming weeks.
However, I'll bask in the glory of scoring my kids Build-A-Bear gift cards for $39 instead of $50, they're not going to be expecting that one. We'll take 'em in for the post-Christmas sale and let 'em have fun

If anyone's GC shopping, there's a couple gift cards on Lightning deal at Amazon. The Build-A-Bear one is still up for a few more hours, but it's about 1/3 claimed already, just a friendly FYI.
edit on 11/23/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join