It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is becoming more evident that the Whitaker nomination is purely to stop Mueller

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

You are only proving my point. A casual google search finds that many people did/do find the Lynch tarmac/Comey thing was suspicious...you obviously do too or you wouldn't be trying to use it as an argument....but that only proves my point. You obviously aren't interested in the truth. Only in downvoting the "libtards" and putting your great orange idol on a pedestal. Thing is I'm not defending Hilary. I think she's a crooked ass lady and I didn't vote for her. I didn't vote for Trump either though. I voted for a third party (knowing it wasn't going to go anywhere) but I voted with my conscious and I couldn't get behind either one of them because they're both crooks. I just find it fascinating to watch an obvious Trump supporter get behind one story that seems to point to corruption supporting a Trump opponent while completely disregarding Trump's actions when he does the same #.
edit on 26-11-2018 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

You are completely daft on this issue.
Sessions offered to resign as early as May of 2017.
nymag.com...

Sessions was not fired, forced out, or any other descriptive phrase you would like to use.
You people like to pretend history is something other that what it is.
Trump and Sessions disagreed on how the russia investigation was to be handled from the beginning. Had trump wanted sessions gone he would have been long gone by now.
Go tell your bs version to people who were not paying attention or dont bother to check up on what really took place.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

If trump wanted to fire sessions he would have. Supposedly trump has wanted sessions gone since he recused himself. Yet he did not fire him.
Sessions resigned.
Those that attempt to conflate the two are the ones that are delusional.
Those that attempt to put their own timeline on trump are equally delusional.
Oh trust me I know.

They are going off the ol'gut instinct of "what".

To them it's a firing and let them think that, the legality and perceptions all depend on what happened. Here, he RESIGNED and is on paper as such. Pitfalls AVOIDED 😌

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: GrimReaper86

You are only proving my point. A casual google search finds that many people did/do find the Lynch tarmac/Comey thing was suspicious...you obviously do too or you wouldn't be trying to use it as an argument....but that only proves my point. You obviously aren't interested in the truth. Only in downvoting the "libtards" and putting your great orange idol on a pedestal. Thing is I'm not defending Hilary. I think she's a crooked ass lady and I didn't vote for her. I didn't vote for Trump either though. I voted for a third party (knowing it wasn't going to go anywhere) but I voted with my conscious and I couldn't get behind either one of them because they're both crooks. I just find it fascinating to watch an obvious Trump supporter get behind one story that seems to point to corruption supporting a Trump opponent while completely disregarding Trump's actions when he does the same #.
You're just trying to conflate two things are aren't true.

Regardless of what you "think", Sessions "RESIGNED" and that's all there is to it 😌

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

One of these days in one of these threads something is bound to stick.
Watching them fling poo at the bad orange man is entertaining. Watching them post outright lies is not.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Not firing Sessions shows that he would 'allow' the investigation. There is nothing to hide. You can not 'like' someone or how they are handling a situation but that does not mean it will not continue.

Now, when an investigation is launched against others what can the left and the antitrumpers say? He allowed his so they must allow yours.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Ya, Thinking obviously isn't your strong suit. I can see why you don't like it.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: GrimReaper86

Ya, Thinking obviously isn't your strong suit. I can see why you don't like it.
Education isn't yours as you can't seem to define "Resign" and "Fired".

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Opinion and stating things that are NOT true are not the same thing.

Until you can get your head around that we don't have much to talk about anymore.

Lastly, I call people out on their bull# all the time. Including you. Those posts you referenced were not based on lies and media propaganda. Yours are.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Ok, keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. Even Fox News confirms he was fired.

You know how you can tell he was fired? If Trump didn't ask him to resign, he would still be the Attorney General.

To Truly resign, it must be that person's decision and not the decision of their boss.

Fox News

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

Ok, keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. Even Fox News confirms he was fired.

You know how you can tell he was fired? If Trump didn't ask him to resign, he would still be the Attorney General.

To Truly resign, it must be that person's decision and not the decision of their boss.

Fox News
Irrelevant.

That is an opinion piece and nothing more, just another pat on your back for your own views and opinions, but nothing more beyond that.

I mean, if we go by your logic here, at this moment from your post, then this means this must be true, as sourced in the piece,

"The appointment of Mueller was illegitimate. It should have never happened." Et al.

😂

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Nice, you called it 🤣 see above.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Fox News

So now you just make crap up?
You sit on an orange throne of lies.
Sessions offered his resignation in may of 17.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes, obama is a criminal. He's back to smoking crack now, which is illegal. That's to excuse all of the criminal acts he committed as president.

Yes, Mueller is a criminal. You really need to look into his past. He's not a good guy. He's an absolutely terrible person.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Trump knows that he can't outright fire Mueller thanks to what happened to Nixon when he actually fired his special prosecutor. (Basically it only took two weeks for courts to call this action illegal) So, what is he left to do? Well, he understands that he would have a very tough time getting a loyalist confirmed through the Senate, so instead, he appointed a loyalist as Acting Attorney General.

You see we knew even before the election(As early as August) that Trump planned on firing Sessions after the mid-terms.[1] It has been apparent since July 2017 that Trump has wanted to fire Jeff Sessions.[2] In fact, the only reason he didn't fire Jeff Sessions sooner was due to the fact that Senate Republicans told the President they wouldn't confirm a new Attorney General.[3] Senator Lindsey Graham went to the lengths of saying "There will be holy hell to pay" if Trump fired Jeff Sessions.[4]

Fast forward to today, and Jeff Sessions has been fired and replaced by a controversial Acting Attorney General. So controversial in fact that two former Republican Attorney Generals have spoken out against Whitaker's appointment.[5] So, Trump has been mulling over firing Jeff Sessions for over a year and he still doesn't have a permanent replacement in mind? Yeah, even the Republicans in Congress aren't buying that one either.

Senate Republicans are urging Trump to quickly nominate a permanent Attorney General because they understand that the Whitaker nomination looks very bad.[6] If he would just name a permanent AG it would go a long way to silencing the calls of the Democrats that Whitaker isn't a valid AG and the push for legislation to protect Mueller. However, even with the pushing by his allies in the Senate, Trump has yet to make any move to appoint a permanent AG replacement.

So the argument boils down to this. Either Trump has spent the past year and a half thinking about firing Sessions with no thought for who he was going to replace him with. We can call this argument, defense by incompetence. Or, Trump has no intention of naming a permanent AG replacement and wants Whitaker for one reason, to protect him from Mueller. If it is option two, that is eerily similar to the Nixon playbook and we all know how that turned out.

[1] How soon will Donald Trump fire Jeff Sessions? After the midterms, he can get away with it
[2] Reports: Trump discussing firing Attorney General Jeff Sessions
[3] Republicans warn Trump: No confirmation hearing for a Sessions replacement, and no recess appointment either
[4] Graham: 'There will be holy hell to pay' if Sessions fired
[5] Two Republican former AGs raise questions on Trump's naming Matthew Whitaker to lead Justice Department
[6] GOP pushes Trump for new attorney general amid Mueller uproar

Does the name William Barr do anything for you?
Oh and your "speculation" was all wrong. Whitaker was no more than a placeholder.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

You think the OP will com back to admit his stupidity?

Probably not. Thats how these idiots work.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This is an embarrassing turn of events for the OP's premise.

Just another ATS day.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Just confirmed: WILLIAM BARR to replace Matt Whitaker.

www.foxnews.com...

To get Whitaker out FAST, there's no doubt that BARR will be confirmed EVEN FASTER, lol.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Just confirmed: WILLIAM BARR to replace Matt Whitaker.

www.foxnews.com...

To get Whitaker out FAST, there's no doubt that BARR will be confirmed EVEN FASTER, lol.

Yeah I agree, but the op was under the delusion that trump was up to underhanded shenanigans with whitaker who turned out to be a mere placeholder.
TDS is real people.
Get your vaccination.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

You think the OP will com back to admit his stupidity?

Probably not. Thats how these idiots work.

We won't know with out a well placed bump.
Perhaps op will, but I doubt it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join