It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The serendipity of discovery - Titanium Dental Implants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: troubleshooter

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
News to me for sure,never heard of bone and metal fusing like this.
Seems it can do much more than just tooth implants.

They use Titanium for knee and hip prosthetic too in the areas that bond to bone.

There is a new alloy of 2 to 1 Titanium/Gold that is four times harder.

Titaniu m-Gold Alloy

multiple uses. I have a titanium rod or "surgical nail" inside my tibea which was broken along with the fibula playing football that resulted in my leg from knee to ankle resembling an elephant trunk flopping around in mid air before landing with that foot at a very wrong angle. Hurt like a mofo until that magic whistle got to me.Mates on sideline said it sounded like when you place a long branch on an angle & jump on it to snap it to smaller length....I just heard " You Cuuuuuu........" as I was upended. Around 20 years ago now & touch wood not a single problem although I couldn't watch a medico show they showed the procedure ! The # they do when we under blows my mind.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

The aren't inherently expensive.. Price implants on alibaba.com. Mini-implants take only minutes to place. There is an unconscionable amount of greed going on. In fairness to dentists, it should be said that distributors, regulators, and insurers also fully participate in this greed.

<< 1   >>

join