It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernstein: Media Should Edit President Trump's Press Conferences Before Airing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Uptick in ratings was because of a mid term election.

So voters tuned in to see what was going on and get an opinion based on "real news".

Wonder how people would have voted if they realized that they were, for the most part, just watching the PR arm of the Democratic party.

Or if the news was just actually news... instead of a constant video op-ed.

Kinda makes you wonder...

I also wonder where the usual suspects are defending this sort of crap.

Page 3 and all we have is our resident time traveler...

So do they have nothing to say on the subject of blatant media manipulation because it favors their ideology?

edit on 22-11-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

So little the intellectuals and elite actually know about us peasants. Revolutions start because of sentiments such as this.

Who ya gonna revolt against? CNN?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: highvein

Uptick in ratings was because of a mid term election.

So voters tuned in to see what was going on and get an opinion based on "real news".

Wonder how people would have voted if they realized that they were, for the most part, just watching the PR arm of the Democratic party.

Or if the news was just actually news... instead of a constant video op-ed.

Kinda makes you wonder...

I also wonder where the usual suspects are defending this sort of crap.

Page 3 and all we have is our resident time traveler...

So do they have nothing to say on the subject of blatant media manipulation because it favors their ideology?

I take their silence as consent for the MSM tactics.
And they call us Fascist and Nazi.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What kind of idiot would willingly watch the edited version instead of the Live unedited version?

I guess I could picture some people... "Yes. Twist his words around so that it sounds like he is saying things that will make me Even More Angry! Instead of just showing me what he is Really saying. Cause I don't Want to like Trump. I don't Want him to do good things that make me happy, so if he does do or say things that I like, I just don't want to hear about it. Tell me he is Hitler. That is what I want."

edit on 11/23/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

I was born in 81 so the first president I really remember is Bush 1 and his broccoli and Iraq War 1, and vomiting in the Chinese PM's lap, and "read my lips...no new taxes"...

So, from what I remember... what I have experienced...

It seems like a portion of America has been caught in a cycle of disliking the POTUS. The POTUS represents ALL the innefficiencies, corruptions, etc of the Gov. The gov has been a pain in our rears for a while and hes the President of the Government.

When I was little, I remember the President was an awesome person no matter what because they were the President of the United States and maybe the Pledge of Allegiance and growing up in the 80s with Top Gun, G.I. Joe, and Rambo as heroes had something to do with it, but it didn't make it any less real for me.

A soldier in our military was the greatest hero in my eyes. That perception was unavoidable. Patriotism was EVERYWHERE back then in the 80s and early 90s. And the President was the Boss of the Greatest Heroes. The Commander In Chief.

When I got old enough to pay attention a little more, I remember clearly the feeling I had when I heard an adult say something like "Well if we didnt have Bush in office then we wouldnt have this problem..." It was like a punch to the gut for my 10 or 11 year old mind.

I was utterly confused by such blasphemy How could somebody ever say such a thing? At that age I had no concept of a bad president. I thought that being the presidents of the United States meant he was automatically a good person. And it got worse. The President, throughout the years of my coming of age, was, according to various people, "a bum", "an idiot", "a loser", and it got much worse from there...

Now fast-forward many years later and a lot of things are backwards from how I used to see them. The President is automatically a bad person, no matter what. (obviously there is something very different about Trump though when the entire criminal organization that had taken over America DOESN'T welcome a "rich elitist" with open arms...the level of hatred only makes sense if one side is very very bad...and I already identified the bad guys long before Trump came on the scene...and its not partisan, I think the Bushes are probably the worst of the bunch at least as bad as Obama who was more of a "public face", a "spokesperson" than a person who exercises real power of their own will)

But one thing I have noticed is people kind of depend on being able to bitch about the president and it's almost like they wouldn't know what to do with a good president came along, because they're so used to having that security blanket of being able to blame all the problems on the president.

It's like I said, they don't want to like the president. They don't want him to do things that they like. They like having someone they can hate and they don't want that taken away from them. So they really don't want Trump to say or do things that they agree with because then they would have to agree with him and they really really really don't want to do that for some reason.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I think that should be reason enough for when potus speaks he can interrupt all broadcast stations like they used to do in old days. Apparently Bernstein thinks it's 1984 and the thoughtpolice I mean media need to tell people how to think. These clowns are to outta control as it is .Why have they stopped teaching ethics in journalism classes?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So... Corporate Media deciding what and which parts of the Executive branch's public communications should be "allowed" to reach the public?

Gosh... surely there's nothing wrong with that?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
What's the point of editing his press conferences. Dumb ass says the same thing at everyone of them. It would be shocking to hear him say a word with more than one syllable.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

So little the intellectuals and elite actually know about us peasants. Revolutions start because of sentiments such as this.

It's a start...

They are after all an extension of the establishment.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Now , If Only that Known Commie Bernstein can Censor the President's Twitter Account , then maybe he would make his Hero Mao Happy in Hell ...........

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Correction - Multiple UNKNOWN Sources ......Memememememe....

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: olaru12

It's a start...

They are after all an extension of the establishment.

Here's a thought, don't watch CNN, or would you rather have a state run media comrade.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Well, at least Trump is giving them one hell of a fight.

It is hard to believe that some people can't see through it.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The majority of White House press briefings should be just that. A BRIEFING of what the W.H. feels is important. Only take questions twice a month.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah. Questions are hard.

The admin should just say whatever they want without question. Except two times a month.

Do you think they should answer those questions candidly? Or just make stuff up and not be called out on it. Follow up questions are impolite.
edit on 11/23/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Are Bernstein's minders editing his comments for him?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Who watches press conference in their entirety? And if there are people who do, do they really use CNN to do it in this day and age?

Let CNN edit presidential press conferences; what diffrence would it make?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Question aren't hard; look at the way most politicians answer questions ... talk for 10 minutes with out addressing the question let alone answering it.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

But followups are rude and so disallowed.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Follow ups? I dont even think the reporters themselves understand the run on sentence multi layered questions they ask. They must get paid by the word because no one would butcher the English language so badly otherwise.

No but seriously I think it would be refreshing if reports asked one question and if politicans gave straight forward answers.

But if you prefer the run on sentence questions and the non-answer answers. Who am I to argue with you, we all have our preferences.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join