It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why voting is so important

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

As they say... Better the devil you know.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Oh Christ.

And here you are saying Hillary was the saner choice.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

I would say thanks for looking out, but your self-congratulatory diatribe was chalked full of illusions of grandiosity and psychological projection.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

I would say thanks for looking out, but your self-congratulatory diatribe was chalked full of illusions of grandiosity and psychological projection.

That you Gavin...sounds like a Proud Boy.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

You guys are great at filling in the holes with the first fantasy that comes to your head. You got me.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

You authoritarians are going to have to get over yourselves.

You book burning freedom haters are just going to have to work just a little harder.

Book burning?

Quite the opposite, I would love for you Trumpians to actually read a book or two.

Might I suggest Mein Kampf to get an idea of how you were fooled?

Do you think posts like this make you look intelligent? Reasonable?

The "everyone I disagree with is Hitler" trope has worn so thin so as to be transparent. It no longer holds any power, yet you continue to inculcate this allusion with the belief that it will somehow produce its own credibility.

Quite frankly, your pseudointellectual diatribes are tiresome. Your continued insistence on the use of logical fallacies to support illogical positions does not elucidate feelings of a rival's respect. You're merely capricious and childish as has been the typical case with leftist members since 2016 (and before, but TDS is new and powerful).

You refuse any evidence and when pressed you simply abandon the discussion as though your next thread will net any difference in results. You gain nothing by repeating lies and divisive accusations, yet here you are continuing the March of the NPC repeating the same accusations, engaging in the same verbosity, and continuing the dehumanization of even your own allies as you seek a victory as hollow as the garbage you believe in.

You just want everyone to be racist nazis. You need this illusion to be true. It's really sad that this is how you view the world, most of all your fellow Americans.
edit on 22 11 18 by projectvxn because: Grammar edits

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I never believed in voting, until it kept Hillary out of the presidential office.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I think you misjudge most people that voted for him, he is not considered a revolutionary, or a crusader by the average voter, he was NOT hillary, which meant there was a small chance things might change for the better.

=========================

So TPTB have the power to not allow him to win 2020 but they did not have the power the stop him in 2016!

For someone that claims to be so smart its kind of astonishing you cant see why, its really pretty simple.

They had the propaganda machine running full tilt towards hillary and an international govt for decades , they were convinced they had us under the spell of the media.

They mis-judged the mood of the people, that is how trump got in, they were not ready for the push by the people for anyone but hillary.

2020 will be different they will be ready, why do you think anything he says is imeditaly spun into he is out to get any minority, woman, LGBTQ+, that drum beat will not stop till after the 2020 election.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I never believed in voting, until it kept Hillary out of the presidential office.

The last presidential election cycle so shocked, upset and enraged the D.C. elite establishment that it's a safe bet they will do everything possible to prevent it from ever happening again, and won't give up on their relentless efforts to overturn that election, by impeaching and/or destroying president Trump.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Probably will never happen again.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

“It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.”
Epictetus

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

You are delusional if you honestly think our government had integrity and respect or any values. We also don't need a voice in this world but need it more in our own country. Our government had lost its morality long before the Orange one showed up.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Too many times you allude to anyone who doesn't think in your globalist way as a Nazi.

You have grown stale.

You bring nothing to the table that I might find even amusing. So I'll do you the courtesy of ignoring you because a one-note song gets boring real quick.

And you bore me, child.

And those who disagree with you...how do you refer to them again? Oh yes. As “book burners.” Huh. I wonder what that refers to... well. Never mind.

I don’t think you are a bad person and I’ve never called you a Nazi. I respect what you do for a living. But you seem to only want to vent and make absolute statements and pass judgements, while being angry that others are, in your mind and opinion, calling you “Nazi.” You enjoy zingers and one liners that put people down. Why?

I would love to have meaningful conversation but it seems impossible. There are no bridges to meet you on, only walls. It’s really sad, DB.

But carry on. I guess I’ll go read some of those banned and censored books I love...

Let’s see... Harry Potter? Huckleberry Finn? I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings? The Color Purple? Animal Farm? Sophie’s Choice? The Handmaiden’s Tale?? 1984???

So many choices...

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

You've been supporting censorship.

How are my posts and ideas causing you to side with censorship?

????

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I think its possible to beat the system at its own game. Americans have been doing it for 242 years. There is no reason to lose faith. Keep exercising those rights or we will lose them. We all know there is a concerted effort to destroy the Bill of Rights.

There is no other way but to hold fast to the Constitution as the law of the land. It is the real pledge of allegiance to be an American. Color, religion, ethnicity don't matter, only what we agree is the law and the spirit of the law. Voting is key to representative democratic institutions and we can control local and move up from there - hopefully. If we aren't going to restore the Republic we will be under globalist control.

Getting corporations out of the way is a whole 'nother ball of wax.
edit on 22-11-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

You've been supporting censorship.

How are my posts and ideas causing you to side with censorship?

????

SLAM! Ouch.

Ther’s That damn wall again...

Wrong question, perhaps? And again, the assumption of absolutes. The wink and nod to the “book burners...”

I hope there’s a door around here somewhere...

*sigh*

Happy Thanksgiving, DB.

I have many things I’m grateful for. Do we share that?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: projectvxn
I think its possible to beat the system at its own game. Americans have been doing it for 242 years. There is no reason to lose faith. Keep exercising those rights or we will lose them. We all know there is a concerted effort to destroy the Bill of Rights.

There is no other way but to hold fast to the Constitution as the law of the land. It is the real pledge of allegiance to be an American. Color, religion, ethnicity don't matter, only what we agree is the law and the spirit of the law. Voting is key to representative democratic institutions and we can control local and move up from there - hopefully.

Getting corporations out of the way is a whole 'nother ball of wax.

I agree with you entirely!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Happy Thanksgiving, DB.

Yes.

Happy Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Happy Thanksgiving, DB.

Yes.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Then here’s you you, DB.

May you have a wonderful holiday and may your reasons to give thanks multiply.

Peace to you,

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

People think we are so separated but come down to it we have far more in common.
We want to have faith in our system and it's institutions.
We all want the chance to pursue our dreams and take care of our loved ones.
Government often just needs to get the hell out of the way.
Our current malaise is just static produced by the media to keep us apart.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

All gone because the orange one did his job well, the puppet that he is, that most nitwits won't see until it's too late.

I'm not going to say you're wrong, you might well be right. After years of watching government being controlled by everyone except the people it's hard to believe that any President could actually not be bought off. Even though I am a long time skeptic I still have the desire to believe in reason for hope- Trump claims to want to end illegal immigration, create jobs, restore the economy and other things that I and many others really want to see.

So long as he appears to be working on that he has my support.
Am I cheering on the crazed busdriver who's determined to drive the bus over the cliff?
i hope not, but for certain I cannot support the democrats or any of their key platforms.

3rd party viability would be awesome.
I'm sad Ron Paul is too old and Rand isn't his father.
edit on 22-11-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join