It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go to the local bus stop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Happy thanksgiving folks!

This is going to be a very short thread.

Please if you have the time and foods please drop them off for the homeless at your local bus stop. Those that have none do not deserve to starve.
Let’s do our part and help those in need shall we.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Please if you have the time and foods please drop them off for the homeless at your local bus stop. Those that have none do not deserve to starve.
Let’s do out part and help those in need shall we.

So because a person takes public transport, they're now homeless?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

Ummmm no....
Why are you trying to troll right now?

If you lived in or around a big metropolitan area you would know that is a common place to give out food.
Those that don’t need it often add and guards the food. Maybe get out a bit bro.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

If you lived in or around a big metropolitan area you would know that is a common place to give out food.
Those that don’t need it often add and guards the food. Maybe get out a bit bro.

That's cool as #, it would work in my community, stealing food would be frowned upon big time.
Nobody starves in my area though, the charities see to it and as a community we support the local charities.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Ummmm no....

I see. You can't defend your OP and now go on the offensive. Bro. Typical.

Sorry but all my "extras" are going to people affected by the Camp fires. Bro. You know. That fire that affected people around me. Bro.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Ummmm no....

I see. You can't defend your OP and now go on the offensive. Bro. Typical.

Sorry but all my "extras" are going to people affected by the Camp fires. Bro. You know. That fire that affected people around me. Bro.

That is a very weak defense. If I lived in that area I would be helping those people affected. Seeing as I don’t I will help those around me.
The need to go on the offense at me seems childish. Just stop

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
Agreed, helping fellow humans is relative to the situation and numbers of fellow humans around you.
I love the concept of your OP, glad it doesn't need to be a thing here, but I love the concept.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Agreed, helping fellow humans is relative to the situation and numbers of fellow humans around you.
I love the concept of your OP, glad it doesn't need to be a thing here, but I love the concept.

I made the thread to possibly pass this idea along to those that are fortunate to be able to do so. Often times I drive by those on the side of the road and give them water and a protein bar. If I have them handy. Just because some people have been given a bad hand doesn’t mean we should disregard them.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I like the idea. I bought some dinners for folks at work the other day (Tuesday) and then bought some extra "to go" plates for them to have extra. Also bought my family that I help out with some groceries for today. I won't be cooking for everyone as they are used to.

I like to help out and give when I have extra, it just seems right.

The Holidays can be such a hard time both financially and emotionally for some and since losing someone I loved dearly to suicide a few months ago I think I am a little more aware and don't want anyone to suffer anyway that perhaps I can help alleviate.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I like the idea. I bought some dinners for folks at work the other day (Tuesday) and then bought some extra "to go" plates for them to have extra. Also bought my family that I help out with some groceries for today. I won't be cooking for everyone as they are used to.

I like to help out and give when I have extra, it just seems right.

The Holidays can be such a hard time both financially and emotionally for some and since losing someone I loved dearly to suicide a few months ago I think I am a little more aware and don't want anyone to suffer anyway that perhaps I can help alleviate.

Helping those in need is possibly the most rewarding experience you can get. Seeing those smiles makes life worthwhile!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'd donate far more if my income was not taxed 50%. Aren't taxes supposed to help the poor? For the same cost as all federal social/welfare programs, each person who is over 18 and who doesn't receive a government pension, could receive @ $20K per year UBI (Universal Basic Income), regardless if they have a job or not. They could then use this money in the free market on basic needs which the current federal social/welfare programs are supposed to provide. The minimum wage can also be eliminated with a UBI & single parent househoulds would be deincentivised. Also, technically, those who rent are also homeless.
edit on 22-11-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
I'd donate far more if my income was not taxed 50%. Aren't taxes supposed to help the poor? For the same cost as all federal social/welfare programs, each person who is over 18 and who doesn't receive a government pension, could receive @ $20K per year UBI (Universal Basic Income), regardless if they have a job or not. They could then use this money in the free market on basic needs which the current federal social/welfare programs are supposed to provide. The minimum wage can also be eliminated with a UBI & single parent househoulds would be deincentivised. Also, technically, those who rent are also homeless.

That is a slippery slope my friend. Also 20k a year is way below what one would need in this day and age.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

That is a slippery slope my friend. Also 20k a year is way below what one would need in this day and age.

That I can agree with. UBI isnt the solution. It's a temp band aid that will cost SOMEONE to foot the bill. And what happens when inflation hits due to the increased revenue flowing in? Prices will be raised and that 20k will be more like 5k when adjusted. And right back where we started.

Also, I lived in downtown Portland. Saw many homeless. Helped many homeless. Bus stops had nothing to do with it. Your OP was written to portray people at bus stops were homeless. That was what my original post was meant to convey. You didn't see it that way. Maybe YOU should get out more.

In any case, Happy Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

20K would be everyone being stoned in GBP £'s lol...in my world at least.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I donate to the local food bank.
But I don't just do it on the holidays.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

First you will have to convince me why I should support an able bodied adult to sit on their expletive while I bust my hump 50 hours a week. Good luck with that.

I do agree that every government program, EVERY ONE, is criminally wasteful. Since we are not on the gold standard, its all pretend money anyway, if that makes it easier to swallow.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Wow sometimes you just can't win can you?

Great thread, great premise.

Why you received abuse I have no idea. Bu tI will hopefully be doing similar on xmas day or round abouts.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263
I thought the same, a man tries to do something good and gets slated for it...by Americans who think everyone should pull up their bootstraps and get on with it...typical from people who won't even agree on tax funded healthcare for all people.
The American dream seems like a nightmare to me.

top topics

join