It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Man's Sky "Visions" , New Major Update Just Landed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Greetings travelers.
The team at Hello Games are still beavering away to make NMS the best game it can be and today from out of nowhere comes Visions , the latest major update to the game they refused to let die.

I've sunk nearly 100 hours into NMS since I started a new save for the "Next" update , something I didn't think would happen when I first played at launch but Hello Games have shown a level of dedication to their game that is unparalleled in today's gaming industry and it is paying dividends for them , No Man's Sky is now a game I'm happy to explore and observe.

Now it's your turn Bethesda.

edit on 22-11-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I always wanted to play this game but never got around to it.I may have to do so now.Do you play it on a console or a pc?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I have to say, they've pretty much redeemed themselves. Like many others, I shat all over NMS when it first released, but now it's one of the best space exploration games out there IMHO.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

I'm on PC , if you don't already own it and play on PC it's on sale on Steam at the moment so it's a good time to dive in.
If you're looking for something you can take at your own pace and play as you want to play then I'd recommend picking it up , more content updates are coming.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I havent tried it yet.
But is it better than Elite Dangerous??

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I own both but No Mans Sky has kept me away from Elite , there's just so much more to do in NMS plus you can land on planets and go explore.
edit on 22-11-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I purchased NMS fairly recently. I think they got the exact amount of grief they deserved when it first came out. I have been enjoying the game quite a lot so well done with the turnaround.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

imo the game was a fail and only a dream that never came to be

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

A lot has changed in the last two years.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

A lot has changed in the last two years.

Perhaps, but the product was falsely promoted and released a unfinished product that people payed high prize for, in the thought they would get a complete game and with all the features that was promised.

They should have released a free demo or a beta for cheap.

The company had its chance and do not deserve to crawl back and milk more money

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Well you can land on planets in Elite since the horizons update came out.
Your limited to travel in your rover. But its still an amazing sight watching sometimes 3 or 4 suns rise up over the horizon.
I hear planetary walking will be available sometime in the future. Which will be cool when exploring the alien structures.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

The game was on a hype wave mostly created by peoples expectation Sean Murray got caught up in that , many people including myself who bought it at launch liked the game but it did get boring after a while.
Rather than cut and run Hello Games stuck with it and have released regular updates to fix bugs and add content , the game is now what it should have been then.

As an early adopter I'm more than happy with the work Hello Games put into No Mans Sky and look forward to the future free updates.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Well you can land on planets in Elite since the horizons update came out.

I know , I bought Elite and the horizons update last year after asking for advice here , Elite is a good game but NMS has more diverse worlds with flora and fauna to discover , metals to mine and settlements to visit ... on foot if you choose.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
But it's just eye candy. You don't really do anything in the "game" but look at stuff and fly between places to look at more stuff. It's a bonafide scrap book where you fly between the pages of digital pictures.

I can do that in Google Images by typing "3d Space and Planet images".

But.. If that's your thing.

If there were some real interaction where I can kill billy with a "Laser" or blow his ship out of orbit, now THAT would be cool. There is already a game like that. It's called Empyrion where you actually build your stuff.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Ya that does sound cool.
And base building as well.

I’m just happy DayZ will have base building next week on xb1 as it officially becomes a beta.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Did they add more biomes per world? because I remember every planet looking a like just different colors. I've had high hopes for this game but the new updates have taken it to something I wasn't expecting. I've bought this game twice and turned it in twice. The last one was for RDR2 which was worth the trade. The boring world's really turned me off from the game. No point building a house on bare world's.
edit on 22-11-2018 by TheGhoul because: silly little typos

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGhoul

Previous patches have included more diverse biomes and creatures with the Visions update adding more , since the Abyss patch you can build underwater and explore oceans in a mini sub.
Hello games have a vision for the game and will continue to add new free content until that vision is reached so the future for NMS is bright.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

They said exactly what the game was before release, if you expected a MMO then that's your fault. At least they listened to consumers unlike most companies and added a multiplayer aspect to their game. It's a great game now and they deserve some credit for that, the algorithms behind the game are very impressive and their small team has managed to create something which will pave the way for future open world universes.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

originally posted by: Spacespider

They said exactly what the game was before release, if you expected a MMO then that's your fault. At least they listened to consumers unlike most companies and added a multiplayer aspect to their game. It's a great game now and they deserve some credit for that, the algorithms behind the game are very impressive and their small team has managed to create something which will pave the way for future open world universes.

Ummm no

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

The fact is they've stayed the course and delivered the game they promised , there are many examples of games that didn't meet expectation that were abandoned by their developers but NMS has been fixed and improved and continues to receive new content at no extra expense.

Hate on it if you please but those of us who've been on the journey with Hello Games have seen and been part of one video gaming's great story's.

Hello Games deserve credit for the effort they've put in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join