It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you sick of being tired?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Are you disillusioned with the current state of "music", been too long since you've heard a band that actually made you sit up and take notice before proceeding to strip the flesh from your earholes while the muscles in your face go into spontaneous nuclear fusion from smiling so hard?
If so look no further than the mad genius crew known to us mere mortals as 12 Foot Ninja!(with a bonus insight into the utter randomness of true Aussie humor).

" One Hand Killing", I dare anyone here to find a riff as potent and melt-your-face-tastic as the one the lads effortlessly invoke here...

"Sick", title kinda speaks for itself, enjoy!

If you like what you see the guys are endlessly talented and have a wild back catalogue, you're welcome!.
That's right, we Aussies can BRING IT!
edit on 22-11-2018 by Osirisvset because: Stuff

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Osirisvset

No, I’m tired of being sick!! LOL!

That is some good stuff! I like how it is heavy and jazzy! That first tune’s starting chord rules!!!

Thanks mate! I will throw another turkey on the barbie for you!

:rawk:

PS - Check our The Sword for old school 70’s rawk!
edit on 22-11-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: stoopid auto correct

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

No, I’m tired of being sick!! LOL!

That is some good stuff! I like how it is heavy and jazzy! That first tune’s starting chord rules!!!

Thanks mate! I will throw another turkey on the barbie for you!

:rawk:

PS - Check our The Sword for old school 70’s rawk!

Cheers TEOT, will do, are they kinda like Mastodon(A+++)perhaps, or Baroness(also A+++)?
Im always on the lookout for that rarest of beasts, a band that actually gets and holds my attention!
After so many years of being a mad music fan it gets to the point where its all just blah blah blah, so anything that provokes a visceral reaction in me like when I was 16 is a miracle lol.

****Everyone if you want please post a song that has given you that tingling spine and restored your faith in music! Thanks.****

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Great intro. Music not my style though but I see the talent is great within these guys.

The song, specifically the bass line, that is currently doing the biz for me is Bela Fkeck and The Flecktones ‘Sex in a Pan’.

Here you have Victor Wooten one of the best players around, Bela Fleck one of the best players around and Wooten’s brother, don’t know his name but he invented the drumitar.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I'm 66 years old, I am not a lover of 'metal music' really, some maybe, but these guys are crazy good!
They are refreshingly different, at least the first song in the video, I'll have to check them out.
(Weird humor too, which is good, but it's almost like the musicians and the comics are completely different people!)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
My favorite song! i have all 4 lps/eps on constant rotation and can't figure out which one i like best.
Long wait since last album - i can't wait for a new one to drop.

These guys are truly amazing although i don't care for the juvenile videos at all.
Technical virtuosity without going stale .

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Great thread, wish I had more time to hang around...

I think the people who complain that there’s no good music these days, or that that modern music sucks, or whatever... are just not trying hard enough.

Honestly I feel like really what happened is they took what was spoonfed for 30 years and started complaining when the pop music changed.

There is loads of new music out there.

And while technology has pushed it further, there are tons of great PLAYERS out there.. Tosin Abasi, Plini... just to name two guitar guys.

Anywho Vefore I get Carried away, there’s lots of great stuff out there and while I don’t love 12 for ninja , they are far from boring and certainly an example of how varied modern music can be.

Also speaking of you Aussies, how bout that King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard???

edit on 22-11-2018 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Great intro. Music not my style though but I see the talent is great within these guys.

The song, specifically the bass line, that is currently doing the biz for me is Bela Fkeck and The Flecktones ‘Sex in a Pan’.

Here you have Victor Wooten one of the best players around, Bela Fleck one of the best players around and Wooten’s brother, don’t know his name but he invented the drumitar.

I appreciate your comment, personally I prefer the heavier end of the guitar spectrum but at the end of the day "good music is good music, the category is irrelevant".
If its a good song and has soul, groove (and a killer hook never goes astray), what instruments its played on and in what style its played means little to me.
I'm an absolute sucker for a monster bassline, can totally make an average song amazing, thanks for the recommendation, will check them out.
Here's one of my favorite basslines ever, absolutely sublime and just shifts the song into hyperspace.
Still fresh 30 years(OMG!!!)later.
Even IG you're not a Mike Patton/ Mr Bungle fan this bass line will stick kick your butt! Lol.
The track has quite a long intro, the bass line kicks in just before the two minute mark(10min song).

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp
I'm 66 years old, I am not a lover of 'metal music' really, some maybe, but these guys are crazy good!
They are refreshingly different, at least the first song in the video, I'll have to check them out.
(Weird humor too, which is good, but it's almost like the musicians and the comics are completely different people!)

The second video is a hoot!
Quite a long setup, begins with the guys settling in to watch a horror movie "Sick", which of course they also star in, things get pretty crazy.
I think their humor is a great indicator of just how talented they are, regardless of medium, andhow such chemistry they have together as a band.
Thanks for checking it out, age smage, 66 is the new 26!! Lol.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
My favorite song! i have all 4 lps/eps on constant rotation and can't figure out which one i like best.
Long wait since last album - i can't wait for a new one to drop.

These guys are truly amazing although i don't care for the juvenile videos at all.
Technical virtuosity without going stale .

They're one of those incredibly rare bands that has very few, if any dud/filler tracks on their albums.
I was actually introduced to their first ep several years ago when I bought a guitar cab off Stevic, the guitarist(and founder).
He lived in the next suburb to me(Eltham/Greensborough, Vic) and after we met, Stevic introduced me to the rest of 12FN and I'd see them around quite often and would stop for a yarn and a laugh(seriously funny as f#@% fellas).
If anyone deserves success is these guys %100.
Anyway, he'd just scored an endorsement deal with Line 6 so was selling his non Line 6 gear.
Genuinely lovely bloke, modest as despite his rampant obvious talent and we ended up chatting for several hours, had a mindblowing jam and then as i was leaving he gives me a copy of their first/debut EP on CD, "New Dawn".
At that time, for some reason I would be regularly given demo EPs by random lads promoting their bands but unfortunately the majority of them were just tiresome to the point of depressing to listen to.
One day several weeks after meeting Stevic I got a used CD player and wanted a low risk CD to check out it worked OK.
I ended up putting in New Dawn and after the first several bars it was like... " WOW!, this is totally unreal!!".
My (now ex)partner and our daughter were in the next room and they both came up n to see what it was I was playing.
Anywa, needless to say it, this CD and its successor "Smoke Bomb" were on regular high rotation.
The ONLY CD in our collection that we all agreed on %100.
Awhile after that though I moved on and was only motivated to check up on their progress recently, to say I was pleasantly surprised would be a gross understatement, I literally wore a giant goofy grin on my face the whole time I was listening.
And sorry dude, no offense, but have you perchance had a humorectomy?(j/k)
I mean I get it but for me the humor and the intro skits are absolutely wonderful!
Total, %100 unadulterated mad Aussie larrikins at its best.
Not worried about looking abit silly or just putting themselves out there, quite brave IMO.
And the obvious chemistry and ease with which the boys deliver it just demonstrates the broadness of their talent.
Have you watched Sick?(the 2nd video).
Great production values and has several laugh out loud, snort beer all over your pizza/dog moments.
A very welcome distraction from all the political diarrhea that is permeating the web currently.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
Great thread, wish I had more time to hang around...

I think the people who complain that there’s no good music these days, or that that modern music sucks, or whatever... are just not trying hard enough.

Honestly I feel like really what happened is they took what was spoonfed for 30 years and started complaining when the pop music changed.

There is loads of new music out there.

And while technology has pushed it further, there are tons of great PLAYERS out there.. Tosin Abasi, Plini... just to name two guitar guys.

Anywho Vefore I get Carried away, there’s lots of great stuff out there and while I don’t love 12 for ninja , they are far from boring and certainly an example of how varied modern music can be.

Also speaking of you Aussies, how bout that King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard???

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard? Hmmm yes indeed that does ring a "hey this is alright...."bell.
Actually hang on, b right back...
**sound of footsteps retreating into the distance**
Yep, got it.
Lo-fi refugees from the 70's, didn't realize they were Aussies though.

Here's some more Australian bands that I've known and loved (just a few, I'd be here all-night otherwise!).

Tumbleweed, A Darkness at Never Never...

The Meanies. 10% weird. Prolific band from long long ago. Link Meanie always had the best instinct for creating killer vocal lines.

Front End Loader. Weak as Piss. Yet another from the vaults of balls out Aussie rawk(think AC/DC, but nothing like them lol) Many, many songs and I would say %94.78 were instant classics. Were good a creating a unique vibe for every song they wrote. Any venue they played live was turned into a temporary insane asylum.

The Clouds. Hieronymous
One for the faithful lol. Vocal lines and harmonies will give you (good) chills!

Pangaea Colossus.
Great Brisbane band from the early 90's. Bloody awesome live(like nearly all the bands on this list).
I shared a house with the drummer. Needless to say neighbours hated us! Looking on YouTube it appears they may be active again, hope so.

Last for now, Claire Bowditch. You look so good.
She never did much for me song wise but I heard this recently and was immediately hooked in one of the best vocal performance
I've heard for yonks. And that smile! Bam!
Bonus- pay attention to very last line in song. Total lolz+I want her to be my Isis!

edit on 28-11-2018 by Osirisvset because: (no reason given)

top topics

join