It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush plans to attack Iran in June.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I got this from another forum. I'm looking for 'official' links to substantiate the following article but cant find any, so please any you can find feel free to post beneath. I also cannot see if this is old or new news.

The article.

NEWS: Scott Ritter says US attack on Iran planned for June
Written by Mark Jensen
Saturday, 19 February 2005

On Friday evening in Olympia, former UNSCOM weapons inspector Scott Ritter appeared with journalist Dahr Jamail. -- Ritter made two shocking claims: George W. Bush has "signed off" on plans to bomb Iran in June 2005, and the U.S. manipulated the results of the Jan. 30 elections in Iraq....

SCOTT RITTER SAYS U.S. PLANS JUNE ATTACK ON IRAN, ‘COOKED’ JAN. 30 IRAQI ELECTION RESULTS
By Mark Jensen

United for Peace of Pierce County (WA)
February 19, 2005

Scott Ritter, appearing with journalist Dahr Jamail yesterday in Washington State, dropped two shocking bombshells in a talk delivered to a packed house in Olympia’s Capitol Theater. The ex-Marine turned UNSCOM weapons inspector said that George W. Bush has "signed off" on plans to bomb Iran in June 2005, and claimed the U.S. manipulated the results of the recent Jan. 30 elections in Iraq.

Olympians like to call the Capitol Theater "historic," but it's doubtful whether the eighty-year-old edifice has ever been the scene of more portentous revelations.

The principal theme of Scott Ritter's talk was Americans’ duty to protect the U.S. Constitution by taking action to bring an end to the illegal war in Iraq. But in passing, the former UNSCOM weapons inspector stunned his listeners with two pronouncements. Ritter said plans for a June attack on Iran have been submitted to President George W. Bush, and that the president has approved them. He also asserted that knowledgeable sources say U.S. officials "cooked" the results of the Jan. 30 elections in Iraq.

On Iran, Ritter said that President George W. Bush has received and signed off on orders for an aerial attack on Iran planned for June 2005. Its purported goal is the destruction of Iran’s alleged program to develop nuclear weapons, but Ritter said neoconservatives in the administration also expected that the attack would set in motion a chain of events leading to regime change in the oil-rich nation of 70 million -- a possibility Ritter regards with the greatest skepticism.

The former Marine also said that the Jan. 30 elections, which George W. Bush has called "a turning point in the history of Iraq, a milestone in the advance of freedom," were not so free after all. Ritter said that U.S. authorities in Iraq had manipulated the results in order to reduce the percentage of the vote received by the United Iraqi Alliance from 56% to 48%.

Asked by UFPPC's Ted Nation about this shocker, Ritter said an official involved in the manipulation was the source, and that this would soon be reported by a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist in a major metropolitan magazine -- an obvious allusion to New Yorker reporter Seymour M. Hersh.

On Jan. 17, the New Yorker posted an article by Hersh entitled The Coming Wars (New Yorker, January 24-31, 2005). In it, the well-known investigative journalist claimed that for the Bush administration, "The next strategic target [is] Iran." Hersh also reported that "The Administration has been conducting secret reconnaissance missions inside Iran at least since last summer." According to Hersh, "Defense Department civilians, under the leadership of Douglas Feith, have been working with Israeli planners and consultants to develop and refine potential nuclear, chemical-weapons, and missile targets inside Iran. . . . Strategists at the headquarters of the U.S. Central Command, in Tampa, Florida, have been asked to revise the military’s war plan, providing for a maximum ground and air invasion of Iran. . . . The hawks in the Administration believe that it will soon become clear that the Europeans’ negotiated approach [to Iran] cannot succeed, and that at that time the Administration will act."

Scott Ritter said that although the peace movement failed to stop the war in Iraq, it had a chance to stop the expansion of the war to other nations like Iran and Syria. He held up the specter of a day when the Iraq war might be remembered as a relatively minor event that preceded an even greater conflagration.

Scott Ritter's talk was the culmination of a long evening devoted to discussion of Iraq and U.S. foreign policy. Before Ritter spoke, Dahr Jamail narrated a slide show on Iraq focusing on Fallujah. He showed more than a hundred vivid photographs taken in Iraq, mostly by himself. Many of them showed the horrific slaughter of civilians.

Dahr Jamail argued that U.S. mainstream media sources are complicit in the war and help sustain support for it by deliberately downplaying the truth about the devastation and death it is causing.

Jamail was, until recently, one of the few unembedded journalists in Iraq and one of the only independent ones. His reports have gained a substantial following and are available online at dahrjamailiraq.com.

Friday evening's event in Olympia was sponsored by South Puget Sound Community College's Student Activities Board, Veterans for Peace, 100 Thousand and Counting, Olympia Movement for Justice & Peace, United for Peace of Pierce County, and the Heroico Batallon de San Patricio and the BRICK student organization at South Puget Sound Community College.

--

NOTE: Dahr Jamail will make three more appearances in the Puget Sound area this weekend: (1) SATURDAY, FEB. 19, 7:00 p.m., at the Kirkland Congregational Church, 106 5th Avenue, Kirkland WA. Admission $5 -- Sponsored by Evergreen Peace & Justice; (2) SUNDAY, FEB. 20, 1:00 p.m. at the Vashon Land Trust. Vashon Islanders for Peace will be hosting Dahr Jamail and Bert Sacks on the subject of Exit Strategies from Iraq; (3) SUNDAY, FEB. 20, 7:30 p.m. at UW Kane Hall, Room 120. Hosted by the Interfaith Network Of Concern for the people of Iraq (INOC), the University of Washington -- Department of Communication, the Iraqi Community Center of Seattle (ICCS), and the United Nations Association, Seattle.

NOTE TO MEDIA: This piece has generated considerable public and media interest, receiving 23,633 hits as of 11:00 p.m., Feb. 21, and causing the UFPPC web site to crash several times on Monday. -- Dennis Miller of Veterans for Peace suggests reporters seeking to reach Scott Ritter contact Dan Leahy of Evergreen College at [email protected]

ADDENDUM: Scott Ritter spoke on KIRO 710 radio this evening, Feb. 21; I am told by Bob Rudolph of UFPPC and Veterans of Peace that he repeated the substance of what he said in Olympia on Feb. 18 .

--Mark Jensen is a member of United for Peace of Pierce County

If the above article is true then june will be an extention of the war on terror/bush's terrorism of the world*, delete as applicable.

Over to you.

*delete as applicable.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Um, I believe Ritter was taking bribes from Iraq, wasn't he? I know a lot of weapons inspectors were. They just released that info a few weeks ago.

?

-wD

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
is it not a attack on iran hiippy...it is LIBERATING iran.

spreding freedom and liberty is hard work.

give bush a break

Jeb/Ashcroft '08!!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
i noticed the story is alreadsy on here. mods delete thread if you wish.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
They weren't bribed. Iraq literally has nothing to hide. Od, and the stupid " they burried them" escuse won't work. Plenty of satellites and the U.S. didn't see them burry them? That is plain stupid. If they saw them then they should have pointed them out AS THE INSPECTORS PLEADED THE US to do if they had them. Iraq had nothing but a conspiracy to displace him for a resource he had that Bush wanted. Scott Ritters only fault was not quitting on his own. That would have shown some self-respect and decentcy of not complying with wrong.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Let's give Iran as much notice as possible. What ever happened to secret missions or covert operations. I think it's probably bs.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
There is no point posting interesting information as you are systematically discredited or attacked unless you are a Pro-BUSH.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
i am probush and i was attacked

okay it felt like a attack to me

but we setup iran for the attack that is comming cos we gave shiittes power in iraq

so no wwe point to iran and say that they are horbering terorists and then we get to shock and aww them too

...and maybe syrian too

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by conservativeguy
i am probush and i was attacked

okay it felt like a attack to me

but we setup iran for the attack that is comming cos we gave shiittes power in iraq

so no wwe point to iran and say that they are horbering terorists and then we get to shock and aww them too

...and maybe syrian too

You can always tell the Bush fans, they write like he talks...LOL
(sry couldn't resist, pls don't hate me, OK you can hate me if you want lol))

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster
There is no point posting interesting information as you are systematically discredited or attacked unless you are a Pro-BUSH.

i agree with everything but 'sytematically'

its just chaos pointing in one direction...

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by conservativeguy
is it not a attack on iran hiippy...it is LIBERATING iran.

spreding freedom and liberty is hard work.

give bush a break

Jeb/Ashcroft '08!!

when is the west going to realise the middle east is happy with all their dictators trouble makers and despots. They dont think like us, they dont want us unless its to sell us something. We should stay out of their countries and leave them alone.

Iraq was attacked for its oil. Iran has one of the worlds biggest reserves of natural gas. The math is clear in my book.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
when is the west going to realise the middle east is happy with all their dictators trouble makers and despots. They dont think like us, they dont want us unless its to sell us something. We should stay out of their countries and leave them alone.

Iraq was attacked for its oil. Iran has one of the worlds biggest reserves of natural gas. The math is clear in my book.

"You have voted rustiswordz for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month."

Nicely put rustiswordz , nicely put...

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hey Rusti if America invades just for natural resources so be it.

"He who has the gold makes the rules."

Oh and also there will be no invasion of Iran only an attack by air and maybe special forces to destroy Iran's reactor when it is complete in 2006. The Israeli Defense Force looks much more willing to do that dirty job then the American Military anyway.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Where are we going to pull troops and supplies for this supposed invasion from? Launching a full scale invasion on a nation that size requires a massive build-up of materiel of every sort that we are just not seeing.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Yes Iran will be attacked and it's reactor destroyed because the middle east and third world countries are not allowed to develop. Anything that might be deemed a threat to "our" form of fake democracy will be quickly dealt with.
When a country has all the power it will do anything to maintain that power, which includes killing you and me.
Why support these power mad women and men who care nothing for your life other than what you can do for them?
The U.S. forcing "our" democracy on other countries is no different than if China invaded the U.S. and forced it's regime on us. It's not our place to tell other people how their lives should be run.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I seriously hope we get our asses kicked one day! All this war sh*t angers me and its for freakin oil man wtf? God is going to kick the sh*t out of America one day!

EDIT: Flame me if you want but I hope we get nuked soon and if Im in the nuke blast then all the better so I no longer have to deal with these idiots!

[edit on 28-2-2005 by CmptrN3rd5]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
We are going to wait that long?

Listen, this should not surprise anyone if it happens. Bush has made it very clear - he will do what he can to prevent our enemies from obtaining nuclear weapons.

And Computer nerd 5...

I sure hope you do get your wish and get nuked if thats what you want. Unfortunatly, there are several MILLION people who live near you, and I do not wish that fate on any of my fellow Americans who do not HATE this great nation of ours as you do.

If you feel this country is so evil, why not move? There are plenty of other places in the world that do not have the same policy as we (even though they may benefit from it). Canada is a short trip north from Virginia. If you are more inclined to warm climets, south America is a plane ride away.

If you would like to stay in a more western area, Europe has dozens of different countries, all with their own 'flavor'.

The point is, you may not like US policy - thats fine. I don't agree with you, but hey - thats why we have the first amendment. The moment you start saying you WANT the US to get NUKED, you are not only disregarding your own life, but MILLIONS of others as well. It makes you a traitor, and frankly, if you are serious, you SHOULD leave.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

If you feel this country is so evil, why not move? There are plenty of other places in the world that do not have the same policy as we (even though they may benefit from it). Canada is a short trip north from Virginia. If you are more inclined to warm climets, south America is a plane ride away.

Because this country is not evil, it's government is.
Your government is not you, you are not your government.
Don't take dislike for it's government personally.
I wasn't born in the U.S. but I live here now and I find Americans in general to be some of the best people you will find anywhere.
When I was traveling I was given shelter, food, weed, friendship.
What more can you ask for?
It is a citizens right and duty to question it's government and keep close tabs on it lest it takes your country away from you.
The people who run this country are not your average American, they are people who have been a part of rule and control from the beginning.
Your country has been hijacked and it's time you took it back!

new topics

top topics

join