It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Bans Far-Right Activist Laura Loomer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Nobody cares about the attention whoring sensationalist coat tail rider. I watched a WHRO documentary on a Sharia court in the West Bank a few nights ago. The office was ran by women and the cases were about marriage, ensuring the women gets treated as fairly as possible and gets a dowry. There was none of this killing people ISIS style desert barbarian stuff (Which is real, don't get me wrong. I suppose they could be any religion and warp it into their favor through law). Outspoken females on the right are rare and usually that way because they're almost worshipped for it. Instant twitter stardom.

edit on 11/22/2018 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Metallicus
It is perfectly fine to ban Conservative voices if you are a Lefty. They see no problem with this because it serves their purpose, however if it was happening to people who spout their agenda we would hear a different tune.

No one is arguing that Twitter has the right to selectively censor people they don’t agree with politically, but it smacks of Facism and is a favorite tactic of Nazis and other authroitarians.

You are a big fan of capitalism, you often gloat of capitalizing on others mistakes in financial matters, especially with the stock market, here's your chance to corner the market..

Might be difficult to do something like that. Ask Gab how it's going. They get deplatformed, lose their host, lose most ways at funding their site but Farcebook and other government run "private businesses" suffer zero consequences for allowing an anti-semetic mass shooter to espouse his ridiculous ideas on their sites

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
And if “extreme-right” is a bad thing, why defend islamic ideology and doctrine?

Nothing exists that is more “extreme right”.

Adolf Hitler was anti-Jewish. Is that statement ‘extreme right’?
No?
Neither was that tweet.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tanga36

It is perfectly fine to ban Conservative voices if you are a Lefty. They see no problem with this because it serves their purpose, however if it was happening to people who spout their agenda we would hear a different tune.

No one is arguing that Twitter has the right to selectively censor people they don’t agree with politically, but it smacks of Facism and is a favorite tactic of Nazis and other authroitarians.

You are a big fan of capitalism, you often gloat of capitalizing on others mistakes in financial matters, especially with the stock market, here's your chance to corner the market..

Might be difficult to do something like that. Ask Gab how it's going. They get deplatformed, lose their host, lose most ways at funding their site but Farcebook and other government run "private businesses" suffer zero consequences for allowing an anti-semetic mass shooter to espouse his ridiculous ideas on their sites

Garbage, if the business was viable, in the case of social media being popular, that's the key right there in that word.. .. Say it out loud... POPULAR it would succeed.
edit on 22-11-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Like the President succeeded in 2016? POPULAR.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Like the President succeeded in 2016? POPULAR.

No, politics is tied in with capitalism but only so much as to further greed.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
No one forced her to use Twitter. Twitter does what Twitter likes....per the terms and conditions of use.

period.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

exclamation point

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Garbage, if the business was viable, in the case of social media being popular, that's the key right there in that word.. .. Say it out loud... POPULAR it would succeed.

He's right. Gab was started as an alternative to twitter, but as soon as it started becoming popular it was dogpiled and smashed by the big tech companies.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Oh. So that’s how Obama won his elections then? Gotcha.

Anyway. I think ALL thoughts and expressions, no matter how ‘hateful’ or ‘loving ‘ should be accepted on those platforms on the net because debate and differences are a good thing.

Banning someone because they say “Hitler was anti-Jewish” just doesn’t make sense. If you’re not allowed to tell others about Hitler’s hate then people may start to follow his teachings without realising that he’s a Jew-hater.

Same with the Jew Hater Omar Ilhan

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

He's right. Gab was started as an alternative to twitter, but as soon as it started becoming popular it was dogpiled and smashed by the big tech companies.

Then the only hope a platform like that has is to fund it own it and make it happen, welcome to capitalism.

#gofundme

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: Tanga36

There's no bans on conservatives on Twitter as far as I know. Plenty on Twitter....

It's just that when it comes to "superior race mentality", it's almost always from the mouths of the extreme right... That's why it seems like Twitter has a thing with the "right".

I do NOT agree with the "superior race mentality" or that it "almost always comes from the mouths of the extreme right"
I also did not want this to turn into a racial deal, but I understand how it quickly got to it.

I am sure there are TONS of "white power" type of folks still on Twitter but a lot either moved to other sites or were booted from Twitter awhile ago.

How many BLM accounts have been given the boot? Its a FACT that their main FB page was started and run by Russians.

How many ANTIFA pages banned after streaming a demonstration in front of Tucker Carlson's house and chanting threats? I know ANTIFA are mostly white kids but they sure do hate being white.

How many Israeli accounts locked when they are shooting civilians daily (also cameraguys clearly labeled PRESS thefreethoughtproject.com... )?

What about the New York Times Editor that had a fairly extensive history of tweeting to kill all white men?

My point is that pretty much EVERY race, religion, organization, etc has the people that feel superior to other groups. It isn't just white guys spouting ridiculous stuff. I don't agree with anyone being any better than anyone else and I dont like when I see something that is hateful BUT I will fight for their right to say it. Everyone should be able to say what they want. I'd fight to allow someone to be able to scream whatever they wanted at me because of their own biases. Pretty sure all of our mother's taught us about sticks n stones. Sticks n stones.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Capitalism

Capitol is the building. The "o" looks like a dome. A little trick to remember.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm aware of my pitfalls, but thx
edit on 22-11-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: oh crap

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Not one single post about ‘race’ has been on this thread. At all.

But all your other points are right. Fascism seems to be openly supported by twitter and facebook.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Not one single post about ‘race’ has been on this thread. At all.

But all your other points are right. Fascism seems to be openly supported by twitter and facebook.

First page, 3rd from bottom. (Tried to link it but have not figured that one out yet. lol)
I may have took it as being more about race than it was actually meant to be.
This is what I was responding to: "it's just that when it comes to "superior race mentality", it's almost always from the mouths of the extreme right... That's why it seems like Twitter has a thing with the "right".

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

Then the only hope a platform like that has is to fund it own it and make it happen, welcome to capitalism.

#gofundme

That's not the problem. They'd also have to start their own alternative to visa and paypal, and a web host company to host there website. They were basically deleted from the internet....how do you compete with that level of control?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

I would boycott it.

Who is forcing you to use these platforms?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Love Laura Loomer, she is pretty good at exposing fascist freaks.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Flatcoat

I would boycott it.

Who is forcing you to use these platforms?

I don't use these platforms. We're having a discussion about fair market practices. I have no problem with capitalism. I do have a problem with one small group of companies basically having total control over the entire internet and forcing everyone to comply with their political ideologies or be deleted from the web.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join