It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard goes wild against Trump about Saudi Arabia

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
I for one thought Saudi Arabia needs to pay for this. But then reality comes in when you realize that there is nothing that can be done. I see two major problems you could try to have the crown prince removed. But doing that will destabilize the region.

Any crown prince put in his place would never be able to control the country. They would be seen as an American puppet and this would be used by the more radical elements in Saudi Arabia. They wouldn't last a year a replacement crown prince who rose to power under pressure of sanctions would be severely weakened, if not entirely illegitimate. This would cause either civil war or a useless leader with little to no power.

The more likely outcome would be thr crown prince Mohammed would respond by tacking toward Russia and China. At that point the US will lose any influence it has in the middle east. And worse hand control of the world energy markets to China.

Thank you for pointing out the big picture, we al, have seen what happens when there is destabilization of power. Better to put this in your pocket for later back channel negotiations than something more high profile. I dont like it but it is the smart play.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

She has proclaimed Trump is now Saudi Arabia's Bitch

Every US president for the last 50 years has been.

Nice to see someone with the balls to call it out finally.

I wish ats members STILL had this kind of courage.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Are you saying that mexico is as involved in the terrorist/globalists push the way SA has been for years?

Because I'm sure you understand that this was just the last straw for a lot of people.

I'm sure you understand that this event is not the ONLY reason why this congress person is upset with SA?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Also calling the POTUS a b!tch is super funny and takes some real balls.

It's one of the changes the trumpsters made to our politics.
Name calling is now considered high class and intelligent.

Me thinks the trumpsters don't like the bed that they have made.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

We're all greater now.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I know PLENTY of dems that have been outspoken about SA.

Even during obama.

How many dems do you know in real life?

Are you really saying you never heard them talk about SA?

It's big deal in left leaning circles because of the arms sells and human rights abuses.

I mean just go back and check the threads of ats during the obama years.

In fact it took me all of five sec to find this article written by a hard lefty back in 2015. It condemns obama for not doing more about SA human rights abuses.
america.aljazeera.com...

So many people on the left and right just don't have a real understanding of what the other side REALLY cares about.
Propaganda works so well in this country it's scary sometimes.
edit on 22-11-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Even during obama.

It's big deal in left leaning circles because of the arms sells and human rights abuses.

In fact it took me all of five sec to find this article written by a hard lefty back in 2015. It condemns obama for not doing more about SA human rights abuses.
america.aljazeera.com...

So many people on the left and right just don't have a real understanding of what the other side REALLY cares about.

Are you serious? 95% of my friends and colleagues range from mainstream dems to serious leftists.

Idiotic response assuming I’m conservative.

I’m referring to mainstream dem politicians, who like their republican counterparts are largely neo con esque war mongers or are silent when politically convenient.

Yes many rank and file protest wars or criticize SA.

I’m sorry to break it to you, mainstream dems aren’t “hard lefties.” They are center or even center right on a global scale. Yes, real lefties protest and criticize these things much more. I’m one of them.

I was speaking of sudden dem politician hypocrisy on SA. These guys just like Repubs have been supporting or even installing totalitarian regimes with bad human rights records since the 50’s. I call out hypocrisy on both sides. You should too if you aren’t blindly partIsan.

Here’s a litmus test: do you or did you call out corruption, illegal wars, proxy wars, regime change, problematic domestic surveillance under both the obama and bush admins? Or just under one or the other? I’ve been consistent. Only a few people I know have been. Many went magically silent on these topics under Obama. Just like many conservatives suddenly do the opposite.

edit on 22-11-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
A bone saw? Really? You were forced to watch? Lol

I'd think they would use a sword like the ones they behead with and sever it in one slice.

You could close your eyes but you had to attend. There was nothing but grim acceptance on everyone I saw. Needless to say, petty theft is at a minimum in Muslim countries. A few years later, I was in-port in Bahrain when one of my buds left his camera on a bench in a square. The local police told him that it had not been turned in and he should retrace his steps as it would not be taken [rumor has it that the police set traps for thieves]. He was from Chicago and so was skeptical but we went and looked. It was still there a day later.

The saw ensures that only the hand is taken as that is the punishment; swords aren't accurate to a few millimeters but bone saws are. The sawyer felt the joint before starting and the guy on the strap pulled harder as the saw started in.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

And she is right to say so. I get that we need to make money but we also should not be complacent with the actions they make at times. If it was found out how many times we have done the same thing the world would be up in arms. But we can hide these actions better.
Really all she is doing is ramping up for a 2020 run. And as of right now she has my full support. Also calling the POTUS a b!tch is super funny and takes some real balls.

Why is this human rights violation any more important than the millions of others that are going on at this very moment? Because the guy worked for the Washington Post?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I never thought she was that great anyway. She’s still a Democrat pretending to be moderate. The mask is off the Globalists collective faces. Oh yah and the globalist Bushes were in the Saudi packets anyway with the whole Carlyle group.
I think I read something about Kashogghi being an operative of the Muslim Brotherhood so of course the Globalists are mad.
edit on 22-11-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Even during obama.

america.aljazeera.com...

Are you serious? 95% of my friends and colleagues range from mainstream dems to serious leftists.

Idiotic response assuming I’m conservative.

I’m referring to mainstream dem politicians, who like their republican counterparts are largely neo con esque war mongers or are silent when politically convenient.

Yes many rank and file protest wars or criticize SA.

I’m sorry to break it to you, mainstream dems aren’t “hard lefties.” They are center or even center right on a global scale. Yes, real lefties protest and criticize these things much more. I’m one of them.

I was speaking of sudden dem politician hypocrisy on SA. These guys just like Repubs have been supporting or even installing totalitarian regimes with bad human rights records since the 50’s. I call out hypocrisy on both sides. You should too if you aren’t blindly partIsan.

Here’s a litmus test: do you or did you call out corruption, illegal wars, proxy wars, regime change, problematic domestic surveillance under both the obama and bush admins? Or just under one or the other? I’ve been consistent. Only a few people I know have been. Many went magically silent on these topics under Obama. Just like many conservatives suddenly do the opposite.
The Democrats are more radical than ever and now you’re trying to tell us Left isn’t really Left... the antiestablishment Left is now the ruling power in the Democrat Establishment. Please stop trying to pretend Leftists arenlt like the mean Antifa.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Since they have the 'okay' to murder people in cold blood in a heinous way, I wonder how he will react when the Saudi's and Putin start having people murdered in our own country? Maybe a journalist they disapprove of.

I suppose that will be okay too. He's such a suck-up it's embarrassing.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I'm sorry "shall not be infringed" confuses you.
"Sensible" Gun restrictions... RESTRICTIONS of an enumerated Constitutional Right.
www.votetulsi.com...
"Military style 'assault weapon' ban"... "high capacity magazine ban" these are not "Sensible, " no way, no how. Not when we've seen her party universally calling legitimate domestically owned rifles and handguns "weapons of war" and define "assault weapon" based on such scary things as a forward grip and capacity to accept a folding stock. She can take her "sensible regulations" and shove them sheet by sheet up Diane Feinstein's ass where they cane from to begin with.

Many of these are sensible steps to get republicans and democrats to meet in the middle and at least start a decent conversation about something that need talking about. A lot of what she supports I have my discretion’s about. But at least bringing something to the table is the first step in making head way.
She is a strong candidate and is willing to call out the highest seat. You attacking her views tells me that she is a credible threat to his 2020 campaign.
She is no Hillary and no Bernie. She is something completely different that her party needs. As long as she stick to her guns than I’m cool.
Same with Trump. He mostly sticks to his guns but has been dealing with the transition of going from a business man to POTUS. As long as she sticks with her views that good by me.
The Globalists want to disarm the populace to make it easier to enforce global government. It’s that simple.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Tulsi Gabbard Warrior Princess 2020

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It depends on topic. You are right regarding cultural Marxism.

On other topics such as war mongering, Wall st friendly policies, abandoning their former working class base, etc, they absolutely are not “leftists.” To that point, most serious leftists would agree.

Also many of us think the push for identity politics is a cynical move to divide, and obscure the fact that the dems are really just part of the establishment. Obscuring their support of many of the same things republicans support. Many conservatives believe that too, that it’s a ploy.

Change my mind..

a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Okay, I must admit that I really REALLY like Tulsi Gabbard.

I am an independent, but she has stood strongly behind a number of things that I respect, and in which I believe; so, I like her, and hope she goes far as a future leader in the United States.

BUT as far as the Khashoggi assassination, I don't trust the CIA, nor am I sure that I trust Saudi Arabia's new dictator either.

Why does she trust the CIA in this, and the assertions of the CIA? I know some have shown evidence that the late Khashoggi may have had CIA ties.

Help me out here, but isn't the CIA part of the anti-Trump deep state apparatus? Can the CIA be trusted? Does Ms. Gabbard know things that we don't? Is SHE deep state? (I really hope NOT on that last question … wow)

edit on 22-11-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: all caps to the final 'she'

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Has anyone actually seen a published comment from the CIA ?

🍋⚔🍋

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Quick questions for all the people who are "now suddenly" calling ONLY for POTUS Trump to make enemy with Saudi Arabia...

Where were all of you when the government of Cuba murdered 3 American citizens and one legal U.S. resident when they were flying over international waters on 2 civilian airplanes and the Cuban dictatorship ordered Cuban migs to destroy them?

Where were you all when Bill Clinton not only did nothing against the Cuban dictatorship for doing this, but in fact implemented laws the Cuban dictatorship wanted, and sent armed police to the house of the family of Elian Gonzalez and took him by force as requested by the Cuban dictatorship?

Where were you all when in 2016 Obama commuted the life sentence of a Cuban spy, Gerardo Hernandez, who had been convicted by a U.S. federal court for the murder conspiracy of these 3 U.S. citizens and the legal resident from "brothers to the rescue"?

Where were you all when Obama gave freedom to the other 4 Cuban spies, of the "Cuban Five", even though they had been convicted and sentenced "in Miami of conspiracy to commit espionage, conspiracy to commit murder, acting as an agent of a foreign government, and other illegal activities in the United States"?

Where were you all when Obama helped the Iranian regime receive money, and 116 metric tons of uranium from Russia? You know, the same Iranian regime that is a sponsor of terrorism against the U.S.

Where were you all about your calls about Hillary being Saudi Arabia's b*tch when she has received money from them for the "pay to play scheme"?...

Where were you all when all of the above and more happened?... Did you all make the same claims as you are making now?...

edit on 24-11-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
They should wipe the leadership of that government off the face of the earth

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I'm gonna have to go with Rep. Gabbard on this one. Our relationship with Saudi Arabia is toxic.

Fair play

it is what it is business as usual, it makes no odds who is in the seat or what party they represent

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join