It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard goes wild against Trump about Saudi Arabia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I can't join you there, not where Rights are concerned. There is no "table" to come to there. The Left simply needs to step back and stop trying to negotiate removal of a Constitutionally enumerated Right. Imagine if we were talking "sensible" removal of free speech or religion.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Willtell

Can we call you a ride?

In my experience LYFT is the way to go. I’ll throw up $5 if need be.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Laughter is such a beautiful gift.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I just don't want to see anyone driving intoxicated, high, or strung out. Too many innocent lives on the highways with this being the holiday season and all.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Hey @realdonaldtrump: being Saudi Arabia’s bitch is not “America First.” 67.5K 11:01 AM - Nov 21, 2018

It’s nice to finally see a politician tell it like it is.

Trump's tried to do a lot of things to put America first, but the left and people like you piss and moan about it every damn time. There's no pleasing you fricken people, you can't see past your hate. Chit gets old.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I can't join you there, not where Rights are concerned. There is no "table" to come to there. The Left simply needs to step back and stop trying to negotiate removal of a Constitutionally enumerated Right. Imagine if we were talking "sensible" removal of free speech or religion.

Our free speech has already been regulated for some time now.
Look I’m all for own WTF you want to own but all we are doing is slowing the inevitable. I say just bring it on.
Though that could be the wine talking. It’s good cab BTW!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I just don't want to see anyone driving intoxicated, high, or strung out. Too many innocent lives on the highways with this being the holiday season and all.

Oh ya man this is the time of year when these types of incidents happen too often. I don’t even drive hungover or sleepy. Will needs some sleepy time to be ready for turkey day!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

For real though willif you need a ride I will happily get you a LYFT.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The Republican Controlled House was TOOTHLESS, even with a Trump DOJ.

A Democrat Controlled House will be totally IMPOTENT, with a Trump DOJ.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Relations were cut before the murder, it was actually the Saudi's sanctioning Canada..lol
Canada mentioned some human rights stuff and Saudi's lost their sh#t, pulled all their students out, workers..etc, wanted all ties cut..apparently they still want the weapons deal to happen.

Me and most others are not happy with this deal to begin with.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Consider that:

1.Kashoggi is a citizen of Saudi Arabia
2.He got crossways with the leaders
3. Overzealous agents killed him on Saudi Territory [Embassy is Saudi Territory]
4. Saudi Prince has plausible deniability and is investigating agents
5. Why is the US involved in internal Saudi matters?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I for one thought Saudi Arabia needs to pay for this. But then reality comes in when you realize that there is nothing that can be done. I see two major problems you could try to have the crown prince removed. But doing that will destabilize the region.

Any crown prince put in his place would never be able to control the country. They would be seen as an American puppet and this would be used by the more radical elements in Saudi Arabia. They wouldn't last a year a replacement crown prince who rose to power under pressure of sanctions would be severely weakened, if not entirely illegitimate. This would cause either civil war or a useless leader with little to no power.

The more likely outcome would be thr crown prince Mohammed would respond by tacking toward Russia and China. At that point the US will lose any influence it has in the middle east. And worse hand control of the world energy markets to China.

edit on 11/21/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
Consider that:

3. Overzealous agents killed him on Saudi Territory [Embassy is Saudi Territory]

Well said! This is true

Then I looked at it from this perspective: How would the world react if a western nation, lets say the United States, botched an assassination in a U.S. embassy, or even if Israel did it. Might as well consider Russia too. They're smart enough to use poisons though so there's no recordings but if they pulled a wicked mob hit from the movies like this, it'd be major and global repercussions would follow.

So while you're right in a perfect world, this is unfortunately the real world.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Consider that:

Because he was a US resident and an employee of the Washington Post. He got 'crossways' with the Saudi Government because he wrote a truthful news article that Crown Prince MBS didn't like. So he was brutally murdered for exercising free speech.

You ask why should the US be involved, well because attacking one of our residents, one of our journalists for exercising free speech is an attack on our sovereignty. We have alot more reason to be involved in this case than we did when Trump launched a missile strike against Syria.

But Khashoggi was a legal resident of the United States, and he was working for an American newspaper — The Washington Post — as a contributing columnist. This was, to an extent, an attack on American sovereignty. And implicit in Trump’s justifications for not holding the Saudi royals accountable is the idea that it’s simply not worth the sacrifice — that Saudi Arabia has too much leverage through its arms deals and control of the world oil supply. Trump used fanciful statistics about the amount of money Saudi Arabia has injected in the American economy, the number of jobs it would create, and suggested oil would go to $150 per barrel if the Saudis were punished.

Almost everything Trump just said about Saudi Arabia and Jamal Khashoggi is wrong or overly simplistic

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
I for one thought Saudi Arabia needs to pay for this. But then reality comes in when you realize that there is nothing that can be done. I see two major problems you could try to have the crown prince removed. But doing that will destabilize the region.

Any crown prince put in his place would never be able to control the country. They would be seen as an American puppet and this would be used by the more radical elements in Saudi Arabia. They wouldn't last a year a replacement crown prince who rose to power under pressure of sanctions would be severely weakened, if not entirely illegitimate. This would cause either civil war or a useless leader with little to no power.

The more likely outcome would be thr crown prince Mohammed would respond by tacking toward Russia and China. At that point the US will lose any influence it has in the middle east. And worse hand control of the world energy markets to China.

There needs to be direct sanctions on the Crown Prince and tougher sanctions on the country as a whole to deter them from trying this crap in the future.

We definitely don't need the President to release an official statement that parrots the falsehoods the Saudi government used as their justification for killing Jamal.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Tulsi Gabbard would have made the perfect presidential candidate.

She is fair and common sense on issues.
Comes off as fearless and genuine.
She actually served in the military combat zone she even gave up a political seat to deploy.

Unfortunately I don't think she is electable because she isn't a Christian and that is still a huge issue for much of the US.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

Consider that:

Because he was a US resident and an employee of the Washington Post. He got 'crossways' with the Saudi Government because he wrote a truthful news article that Crown Prince MBS didn't like. So he was brutally murdered for exercising free speech.

You ask why should the US be involved, well because attacking one of our residents, one of our journalists for exercising free speech is an attack on our sovereignty. We have alot more reason to be involved in this case than we did when Trump launched a missile strike against Syria.

But Khashoggi was a legal resident of the United States, and he was working for an American newspaper — The Washington Post — as a contributing columnist. This was, to an extent, an attack on American sovereignty. And implicit in Trump’s justifications for not holding the Saudi royals accountable is the idea that it’s simply not worth the sacrifice — that Saudi Arabia has too much leverage through its arms deals and control of the world oil supply. Trump used fanciful statistics about the amount of money Saudi Arabia has injected in the American economy, the number of jobs it would create, and suggested oil would go to $150 per barrel if the Saudis were punished.

How do you want to punish the Saudis for killing one of their own citizens on their own territory? Say the US killed a double agent who was a US citizen in our embassy in Turkey. Who would punish us and why?

As to why he got into trouble, that is his problem. Don't tell me he didn't know he could be in trouble and just wandered into the embassy. Don't tell me that he deserves to be treated as a US citizen because he was working in the US. He went to his own Embassy in a foreign country and didn't come out. If they had dragged him back to SA and then executed him, what then? The freedom of the press is an American staple; not so in Saudi Arabia and other countries. Imposing our values on a sovereign nation isn't a good idea.

When I was last in Riyadh in the late 1970's, a thief was being punished. People were herded into the square from blocks around. We had to watch but no cameras were permitted. The convict was stretched out on the ground and held down by three men. He was a little dopey so I suspect they fed him a sedative. Another guy wrapped a leather strap around the convicts right hand and stretched his arm out over a block of wood. The leader who was giving the orders then took out a bone saw and started sawing away. The convict shouted out for Allah and was in such pain that his back was arched to the point that only the back of his head and his heels were touching the ground. When the hand was off, they cauterized the stump and then everyone left and the audience was free to leave. That is the culture. You might not like it because you think everyone enjoys the freedoms we take for granted but that is not the case.

If the Saudis are necessary for stabilizing the middle east should we destabilize the middle east and make more problems for ourselves and the world because they executed one of their own citizens? Why have we appointed ourselves world police? We should stay out of other nation's internal affairs and curb our righteous indignation when they do not behave as we wish.
edit on 11/22/2018 by pteridine because: punctuation

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
A bone saw? Really? You were forced to watch? Lol

I'd think they would use a sword like the ones they behead with and sever it in one slice.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

They were called out on it and they(SA) quickly disavowed it and apologised, what you figure should of been done, send in the army
There is not much going on between SA and Canada, being there is no business(weapons deal on hold)..what can be done?
edit on 22-11-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join