It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Educates Chief Justice John Roberts.. Judges DO Base Decisions on Political Views.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: The GUT
They got Roberts--if they didn't have him before--when they spied on him. Deep state hip pocket now. Sad. Very sad.

Roberts reminds me of Trey Gowdy. Monday, Gowdy wants to investigate the Clinton Foundation. This morning, he's calling for an investigation into Ivanka Trump's e-mail blunders. Maybe a whole lot of these high-ranking people are "closet" drug addicts?

Or big fans of cheese pizza. Let's not forget that one.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: BlackJackal

The problem is that Trump attempts to paint any judge that disagrees with him as biased. That is the problem.

I'm thinking the actual problem is that you don't see a leftist activist judge as biased.

After all, to you why would they be?

They think exactly like you!

So once again the SC will overturn this and I'm sure you will post a long scathing OP about how wrong life is, according to Vox, Salon and CNN.

It's like a Lakers fan hating LeBron until he became a laker, then he becomes LeBron's number one fan. This guy is truly a spectacle to watch. Him and his many profiles on here. Each one a joy to see get destroyed by people much smarter then they. And on a daily basis.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: BlackJackal

www.stanfordlawreview.org...

President Obama told the public at the 2010 State of the Union address that “the Supreme Court reversed a century of law” with its Citizens United decision and suggested that the Court opposed honest elections. The ensuing image was even more damaging. With 48 million Americans watching, the camera panned to a cadre of expressionless Supreme Court Justices sitting in the front row while lawmakers sitting next to them rose to their feet and applauded. Presidents Obama and Bush and members of Congress have derided the Court for its “unelected” nature, with President Obama publicly wondering before the health care decision whether “an unelected group of people would somehow overturn a duly constituted and passed law.”

I stand by my comment.

The interesting thing about CU now is that the left has fully embraced it. Spending millions in out of state campaigns to help swing elections. We saw it first hand in this recent election. First they rail against it, then they fully embrace it.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: chr0naut

The table illustrates that the 9th circuit does more work than the others.

That is your interpretation.

Mine is different.

The 9th Circuit takes on so much garbage because it is the most radicalized of them all.

That is why their Stats are so God damn awful. They just waste the tax payers money.

P

So, are you suggesting that the judiciary invents it's case load?

That's like saying that plumbers go around making leaks and blocking toilets so they have work to do.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
Roberts is just a Hatchetman for the Globalists.

Trump, as usual is running his mouth like a patriot, but not actually doing anything.....again....as usual.

Lately a lot of Bragging about being better than Obama and Bush and Clinton........yeah no kidding. Thats not much of a Bar for excellence.

Meanwhile the entire social media along with youtube and everything else has been comletely taken over by communists banning anything pro american. Trump lost the house and is about to lose another senate seat with Mississipi. Whats he doing??? Getting into spats on twitter. Daconian unconstitutional gun laws and actions going on.... whats Trump doing about it...... playing games with supporting Pelosi and wanting to work with the democrats.

I wish people would stop being distracted and see whats going on here.

Well to be fair Trump tried to "actually do something", and they obstructed him, so...

Maybe you think Trump should go down to the border like Gandalf "You shall NOT PASS!" and handle the situation by himself?

What would you consider "doing something"? (please dont answer by giving me examples of Not Doing Something instead answer it as asked and tell me what you want him to DO)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

As someone said early in this thread... John Roberts was asked a question by the Associated Press reporter. He answered in the only way that's politically correct.

Again, why was Kavanaugh labeled as a Conservative by the left, why does so many here on ATS from the left and democrats in Congress suggest we need at a minimum to keep the SC 50/50 with appointees if they all were unbiased toward one political ideal or the other. Is the 9th circuit court a bunch of idiots or are they far left leaning by appointment...I don't think they are idiots to get to their positions. Why did Obama work extremely hard to change the landscape of judges across the country during his 8 years?

I could go on and on, but Trumps speaks reality and Roberts speaks about some utopia of neutrality that in itself may hold true many times, but all judges have opinions about the law and that area is where the political spectrum shines.

edit on 22-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Chief Justice John Roberts Sole Job is to Uphold Constitutional Law in the SCTOUS . His Personal Political Views are of No Concern to the American People .

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Chief Justice John Roberts Sole Job is to Uphold Constitutional Law in the SCTOUS . His Personal Political Views are of No Concern to the American People .

Is that the sole purpose of the 9th too? For Trump to suggest the 9th is far left leaning is that impossible? Also, why are people worried about abortions being over ruled by the SC if it was only about Constitutional law? As example...

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

The 9th Circuit Court is mostly Comprised of Left Leaning Ideological Judges who care more about their Interpretation of the Law then the Black and White Facts that it was Written in . IMO , The SCOTUS should have No Authority to Dictate or Lecture the American People about their Views on Abortion . That should be Left up to the Individual States to Decide . Case in Point , The State of Ohio presently .

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
a reply to: carewemust

Your topic title really illuminates how truly uninformed you truly are. You think that Trump can educate Chief Justice Roberts on the judiciary? Really? On one side we a man who has served the US Judiciary for over 40 years and on the other we have an Orange scam artist who built his empire with daddy money. Of those two, you think the cheeto can educate the judge on what it means to be a judge?

You're special.

Exactly! Trump is an expert at virtually nothing. He (again) is talking s*** to rile up his base. And of course, they'll believe anything he says. The general populace is just getting dumber

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The 9th Circuit Court is mostly Comprised of Left Leaning Ideological Judges who care more about their Interpretation of the Law then the Black and White Facts that it was Written in . IMO , The SCOTUS should have No Authority to Dictate or Lecture the American People about their Views on Abortion . That should be Left up to the Individual States to Decide . Case in Point , The State of Ohio presently .

Agree, but Roberts is scolding the President on his 9th Circuit Court comments such as you suggest above, so the question is whether Trump is right or not...

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde

Exactly! Trump is an expert at virtually nothing. He (again) is talking s*** to rile up his base. And of course, they'll believe anything he says. The general populace is just getting dumber

Are you saying that Trump is wrong about his views of the 9th?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
DB

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

As a Justice of the Supreme Court, Judge Roberts has to say the politically correct thing. Which is that there is no bias in the US judiciary.

No different than "coach speak" in sports. Platitudes and lip service so as to not rock the boat.

Actually, Roberts doesn't have to say a word and if he does he should speak to law and its' precedent, not "the politically correct thing."

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Is Obstructionism Good or Bad for the Country Right Now ?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Mr Trump is that you ? Just kidding but it is something I would expect him to say but to be truthfully I think that as soon as he drops an executive order some fool Democrat runs to court house to file a motion against it usually to an Obama or Clinton appointee,s court.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Is Obstructionism Good or Bad for the Country Right Now ?

I kind of wonder what obstruction you are talking about. On one side you have a President that has worked extremely hard to complete his campaign promises. It's like he is working on the list like no other President before him, maybe that is because he isn't a politician of just words...

On the other side you have people trying to stop him in everything he has been trying to do, everything he has promised, everything that people voted him into office to accomplish. So I need to ask what obstruction are you talking about? The left just says well he is not my President as an excuse to obstruct any chance they can.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The cognitive dissonance of you constitution-hating trumpists is staggering.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

In a two Party System , one cannot Govern or Act accordingly without the Consent of the Other . Our Present Government is Dysfunctional .

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51

originally posted by: highvein

I wonder where was Robert's support for Judge Kavanaugh during the $h!t storm he was going through?

I would not get to excited about Kavanaugh. Everything points to him being another hatchetman.

That makes it seem like Robert's would have definitely weighed in on the situation.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join