It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Educates Chief Justice John Roberts.. Judges DO Base Decisions on Political Views.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
They got Roberts--if they didn't have him before--when they spied on him. Deep state hip pocket now. Sad. Very sad.

Roberts reminds me of Trey Gowdy. Monday, Gowdy wants to investigate the Clinton Foundation. This morning, he's calling for an investigation into Ivanka Trump's e-mail blunders. Maybe a whole lot of these high-ranking people are "closet" drug addicts?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

The problem is that Trump attempts to paint any judge that disagrees with him as biased. That is the problem.

I'm thinking the actual problem is that you don't see a leftist activist judge as biased.

After all, to you why would they be?

They think exactly like you!

So once again the SC will overturn this and I'm sure you will post a long scathing OP about how wrong life is, according to Vox, Salon and CNN.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

CNN/FOX/MSNBC said that Roberts issued a "rare rebuke" of Trump today.

After reading the article, it's clear that Justice Roberts was responding to a question from an Associated Press reporter. He didn't go out of his way to issue a rare rebuke!

MSM is the BIGGEST ENEMY AMERCIA FACES. They are nothing more than internal terrorists. Trump is going TOO EASY on them!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: carewemust

Trump tried to do something that he had no legal power to do.

A judge called him on it.

... but it is all part of the plan to make an American dictator.

Please show me where he had no legal power to do that? I posted the actual law on my first post on this thread.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

After reading the article, it's clear that Justice Roberts was responding to a question from an Associated Press reporter. He didn't go out of his way to issue a rare rebuke!

MSM is the BIGGEST ENEMY AMERCIA FACES. They are nothing more than internal terrorists. Trump is going TOO EASY on them!

Well, it's EXACTLY the same thing if you just re-write it and present it out of context for a good headline...

MSM... the actual enemy of the people.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
MSM pouring on misinfo and disinfo 25x more than normal.

They are nervous about something šŸ˜Ž

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: The GUT

So he thinks it's a great idea to lash out at the Chief Justice who very well may decide his fate in the coming months. Brilliant.

'Cause he's got the special swamp glasses. True.

Yeah, Trump told you he was going to drain the swamp. He lied.

The vast majority of the people he has appointed were part of the 'swamp'. Additionally, he allowed many, many people into positions of powers that had ethics problems, such as conflicts of interest. He has done so by granting more ethics waivers in the first 4 months of his presidency than Obama did in 8 years.

Yep, that guy is draining the swamp.

Trump has granted more lobbyist waivers in 4 months than Obama did in 8 years

first off... VOX as a source... just LOL.

Secondly, Obama didn't have to grant very many waivers to lobbyists. Simply because he hired a most of them and filled up his White House with them.

Google had a satellite office there, FFS.

But yea.... keep your slant going if it helps you sleep at night.

It's ok, if you don't like VOX, they got the information for this story from public records. If you care you can look it up yourself. But I know you don't care, because Trump can do no wrong.

Oh, your second statement there. That makes absolutely no sense because that is exactly what Trump has done. It is exactly the same but in the case of Trump he extended the pool to individuals that have no business serving in the positions he appointed them to.

If Trump took a dump on your face you would call it a miracle.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

It might help if you could spell America correctly.

It is called a rare rebuke because normally he wouldn't have even answered the question. It's ok, spin spin spin it doesn't change the fact that the walls are closing in around Trump. He is more and more isolated with each day that goes by.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

a reply to: BlackJackal

The problem is that Trump attempts to paint any judge that disagrees with him as biased. That is the problem.

I'm thinking the actual problem is that you don't see a leftist activist judge as biased.

After all, to you why would they be?

They think exactly like you!

So once again the SC will overturn this and I'm sure you will post a long scathing OP about how wrong life is, according to Vox, Salon and CNN.

Yes, that's what it is. Every judge that disagrees with Trump is a leftest activist judge. Because Trump is never wrong. Never.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Please show me where he had no legal power to do that? I posted the actual law on my first post on this thread.

Like legislative statutes and regulations from other government agencies, executive orders are subject to judicial review and may be overturned if the orders lack support by statute or the Constitution. Major policy initiatives require approval by the legislative branch.

Trump did not seek legislative branch approval (which he probably would not have been granted), the 9th Circuit ruled that the EO was also contrary to the Constitution and overturned the order.

There have been other EO's issued by Trump (such as 13836, 13837, 13839 and 13769) which have been overturned for similar reasons.

edit on 21/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Trump went along with what the lower judges rule each time and he probably does not have too.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Like legislative statutes and regulations from other government agencies, executive orders are subject to judicial review and may be overturned if the orders lack support by statute or the Constitution. Major policy initiatives require approval by the legislative branch.

Trump did not seek legislative branch approval (which he probably would not have been granted), the 9th Circuit ruled that the EO was also contrary to the Constitution and overturned the order.

There have been other EO's issued by Trump (such as 13836, 13837, 13839 and 13769) which have been overturned for similar reasons.

So I posted the actual law.

Can you show me where he was not allowed to do what he did?

Not some cut/paste crap from wiki or something... I am asking you.

It's a simple question... why no answer besides deflection?

link   

It might help if you could spell America correctly.

I don't know, there is a certain irony in the spelling of AmerCIA which appeals to me.

link   
a reply to: seagull

Why would a judge, or any American for that matter, state that it's OK to grant (potential) asylum to someone who broke U.S. law by entering our country illegally? It's not like the asylum seeker was being chased by a group of armed men, and had to run into the U.S. for safety.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The liberal MSM are evil and dangerous. There's no doubt about that. To their credit, FoxNews today pointed out the negative statements Justice Ruth Ginsburg has made against Donald Trump. One of them, directed at candidate Trump, described how America would "go to hell in a handbasket", if the country elected him President.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

a reply to: seagull

Why would a judge, or any American for that matter, state that it's OK to grant (potential) asylum to someone who broke U.S. law by entering our country illegally? It's not like the asylum seeker was being chased by a group of armed men, and had to run into the U.S. for safety.

The rules are that the asylum seeker must make application for asylum within America from American soil.

This is because a refugee has to escape the situation which endangers them, so they must come to a place of safety before applying. It also allows the time for the US to investigate and approve, or disprove, their claims rather than being forced to approve just because of urgency.

In many cases, an appeal for asylum from within a foreign country would be a death sentence for the asylum seeker and the law is framed cognizant of that.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
I wonder where was Robert's support for Judge Kavanaugh during the $h!t storm he was going through?

He was self-muted. But he and Justice Clarence Thomas did seem to be thoroughly happy/pleased, at Brett Kavanaugh's White House swearing in ceremony.

Republicans with the most to hide, seem to only show some "spine", when they're saying something NEGATIVE about President Trump...or one of his decisions. Paul Ryan, Jeff Flake, Bob Corker come to mind.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Well, well. Statistics tell the story.
Lol. There may be a few other Districts that need a clean-out!
P

That table perfectly illustrates what President Trump described in his communications today. The cold hard facts tell the story. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Of those two, you think the cheeto can educate the judge on what it means to be a judge?
You're special.

Thanks! President Trump's message resonated with the vast majority of Americans who have/will see it. Judge Robert's statement of how impartial judges are, only elicits snickers and winks, from most who read it.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I wonder where was Robert's support for Judge Kavanaugh during the $h!t storm he was going through?

You know that's the interesting part. Do you know how rare it is that any justice much less the Chief Justice gives an opinion on anything other than cases before their courts? It is extremely rare.
So he thinks it's a great idea to lash out at the Chief Justice who very well may decide his fate in the coming months. Brilliant.

Not "rare" at all. Justice Ginsberg continually blabbers in public forums about how she dislikes all that Donald Trump stands for.

You're confusing President Trump with the "brown-nosers" that permeate the government and corporate world. When you feel that your motives and desires for the people you serve are good, there's no need to sacrifice personal character and integrity. No need to "brown nose".

If Justice Roberts honestly believes that HE himself is impartial, Trump's statements will not affect his decisions one bit. We'll eventually see if Justice Roberts practices what he says.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join