It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Educates Chief Justice John Roberts.. Judges DO Base Decisions on Political Views.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Monday, a 9th circuit-court judge overturned the Trump Administration's new policy, to not grant asylum to immigrants who enter the USA illegally.

Yesterday, President Trump railed against the 9th Circuit to reporters. Declaring that the California Court is filled with "Obama judges". Pointing out that those who are against his policies, file their lawsuits in the 9th circuit, because it's an "automatic victory" for them.

Source: thehill.com...

Today, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, John Roberts, lashed out at President Trump, declaring that Judges do NOT play politics with their decisions and rulings.

Asked Wednesday by the Associated Press about the president's comment, Roberts responded, "We do not have Obama judges, or Trump judges, Bush judges or Clinton judges.

What we have is an extraordinary group of dedicated judges doing their level best to do equal right to those appearing before them."

Source: www.nbcnews.com...

Within 2 hours, President Trump fired back via Twitter from his Thanksgiving retreat in Florida. Educating isolated Justice John Roberts in how THE REAL WORLD operates...

“Sorry Chief Justice John Roberts, but you do indeed have ‘Obama judges,’ and they have a much different point of view than the people who are charged with the safety of our country.

It would be great if the 9th Circuit was indeed an ‘independent judiciary,’ but if it is why are so many opposing view (on Border and Safety) cases filed there? And why are a vast number of those cases overturned?

Please study the numbers. They are shocking! We need protection and security — these rulings are making our country unsafe! Very dangerous and unwise!”
Source: www.politico.com...

Do you think Justice Roberts REALLY BELIEVES that Federal Judges are NOT political....that they are UN-Biased in their decisions and rulings?? What do YOU believe, ATS family?

-CareWeMust

edit on 11/21/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I believe US politics is literally a circus. And I enjoy the show from the stands.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Roberts was just saying that to try to make the Judicial branch look a little better.

Which really isn't going to happen... especially after the last one decided, in a case with no standing, that the President couldn't do EXPLICITLY was is written he can do in our existing immigration laws passed by Congress.

Then he decides to legislate from the bench and make immigration law for the whole country from his office in San Francisco.

Nah... Roberts is probably just embarrassed.

It's OK... he will see the case soon enough, after the 9th Court of political hacks upholds it, so it can be struck down.
Then hopefully the SC will finally address the issue of jurisdiction in the case of lower court judges.

What he should have done is just recommend the lower judge's impeachment.

ETA, before some idiot posts "CNN says he can't!" I'll just leave this...

Federal immigration law, Section 1182(f) states: “Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate

edit on 21-11-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Roberts is just a Hatchetman for the Globalists.

Trump, as usual is running his mouth like a patriot, but not actually doing anything.....again....as usual.

Lately a lot of Bragging about being better than Obama and Bush and Clinton........yeah no kidding. Thats not much of a Bar for excellence.

Meanwhile the entire social media along with youtube and everything else has been comletely taken over by communists banning anything pro american. Trump lost the house and is about to lose another senate seat with Mississipi. Whats he doing??? Getting into spats on twitter. Daconian unconstitutional gun laws and actions going on.... whats Trump doing about it...... playing games with supporting Pelosi and wanting to work with the democrats.

I wish people would stop being distracted and see whats going on here.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Roberts is just a Hatchetman for the Globalists.

Trump, as usual is running his mouth like a patriot, but not actually doing anything.....again....as usual.

Lately a lot of Bragging about being better than Obama and Bush and Clinton........yeah no kidding. Thats not much of a Bar for excellence.

Meanwhile the entire social media along with youtube and everything else has been comletely taken over by communists banning anything pro american. Trump lost the house and is about to lose another senate seat with Mississipi. Whats he doing??? Getting into spats on twitter. Daconian unconstitutional gun laws and actions going on.... whats Trump doing about it...... playing games with supporting Pelosi and wanting to work with the democrats.

I wish people would stop being distracted and see whats going on here.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Meanwhile the entire social media along with youtube and everything else has been comletely taken over by communists banning anything pro american

I guess that explains this site.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
They got Roberts--if they didn't have him before--when they spied on him. Deep state hip pocket now. Sad. Very sad.

edit on 21-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

As a Justice of the Supreme Court, Judge Roberts has to say the politically correct thing. Which is that there is no bias in the US judiciary.

No different than "coach speak" in sports. Platitudes and lip service so as to not rock the boat.

Otherwise the leftists would be frothing at the mouth and calling him a nazi.
And that path would lead to Supreme Court judges getting impeached every time the senate and congress changed hands.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

On this I differ with you, wratchitburn. If Roberts truly wanted to do something important he would pull up the FISA charters, the 99-page ruling on FISA Abuse, and yank Spygate a new one in the process. I'm afraid Roberts is a deep state ass clown.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Political views are based upon our own personal views which are, of course, based upon our live experiences--mostly.

It stands to reason that a judge sitting on the bench will have his or her decisions, at the very least, colored by those same experiences.

It doesn't take much thinking that court decisions are indeed colored by political views. Shouldn't be...true, but they're human, just like the rest of us.

Doesn't mean we need agree that it's right. I've watched and read 9th circuit decisions my entire life...and they're not exactly unbiased.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

He's the supreme courts chief justice. He's just about untouchable as it gets in DC. He doesn't have to do anything.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

What's been fun today is watching reporters who defended Barack Obama criticizing and questioning the SCOTUS' impartiality DURING A LIVE SOTU ADDRESS over Citizens United, trying to say this is somehow different with Trump and he somehow breached some unspoken code of POTUS conduct which Obama miraculously did not when he did the same crap, only far more directed and scathing individually to the highest court in the nation, and from the largest soapbox in the country, the annual SOTU Address.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Lol, I know right? I mean, look at the 9th Circuit.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

He's the supreme courts chief justice. He's just about untouchable as it gets in DC. He doesn't have to do anything.

...He does if he wants to keep secret whatever dirt they dug up on him, and threatened to expose to make him to a ridiculous 180 days before he was expected to strike down the ACA. Not long after that little performance, the beans spilled about the NSA effectively eavesdropping on every American... I think they caught some recordings or text.emails of the good Chief Justice doing something either the law or his wife would not look very kindly on.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I wonder where was Robert's support for Judge Kavanaugh during the $h!t storm he was going through?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Well, well. Statistics tell the story.

Lol. There may be a few other Districts that need a clean-out!

P

edit on 21/11/2018 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Your topic title really illuminates how truly uninformed you truly are. You think that Trump can educate Chief Justice Roberts on the judiciary? Really? On one side we a man who has served the US Judiciary for over 40 years and on the other we have an Orange scam artist who built his empire with daddy money. Of those two, you think the cheeto can educate the judge on what it means to be a judge?

You're special.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I wonder where was Robert's support for Judge Kavanaugh during the $h!t storm he was going through?

I would not get to excited about Kavanaugh. Everything points to him being another hatchetman.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Trump should fire any judge who shows partisanship in their rulings. This means not ruling according to law and fact. It does not mean a ruling favors one side or another.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I hope you're wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join