It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to make the needed corrections about - ERR-atics?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2
a reply to: TzarChasm

Fact: Glacial erratics are a thoroughly researched and documented natural phenomena.

"thoroughly researched and documented" based on what?

Assumptions. That's all you have.

There's not even a mathematical and physical illustration or presentation of it! i.e. how an ice sheet is able to carry a VLB and transport it over long distances.

F = ma will even show you that an erratic object (VLB) is not possible.

But water does.

To illustrate:

Below is one of the widely accepted ICE AGE maps. Notice the boundary. It didn't even reach the African continent,...

... yet we have the so-called "erratics" (VLBs) over there.

Iona Park, Angola Africa - just a sample.

So, how did these "erratics" get there- traveled over to this continent?

The clear answer is the dynamic power of a wave!

So can you even cite just one documented study of your claim - explaining the mechanics of erratics? I'm eager to read it.

I think I would rather just let this dead horse rot.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: edmc^2
a reply to: TzarChasm

Fact: Glacial erratics are a thoroughly researched and documented natural phenomena.

"thoroughly researched and documented" based on what?

Assumptions. That's all you have.

There's not even a mathematical and physical illustration or presentation of it! i.e. how an ice sheet is able to carry a VLB and transport it over long distances.

F = ma will even show you that an erratic object (VLB) is not possible.

But water does.

To illustrate:

Below is one of the widely accepted ICE AGE maps. Notice the boundary. It didn't even reach the African continent,...

... yet we have the so-called "erratics" (VLBs) over there.

Iona Park, Angola Africa - just a sample.

So, how did these "erratics" get there- traveled over to this continent?

The clear answer is the dynamic power of a wave!

So can you even cite just one documented study of your claim - explaining the mechanics of erratics? I'm eager to read it.

I think I would rather just let this dead horse rot.

Oh well. Tried my best.

Au revoir

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

www.sciencedirect.com...

Avalanches can deposit rocks on glaciers.

www.tandfonline.com...

www.nature.com...

Glacier movement can be measured and determined by a whole myriad of indicators.

Therefor both can happen in succession. It's not that crazy to consider. You don't need a video to know it happens. Scientific research has been extensively done on this.

And of course it's not just glaciers, it's also floods, combined with storms, earthquakes, tsunamis and tons of other things. Nobody's denying floods are part of it. Floods can cause chunks of glaciers to break off, and float away with big rocks on them often depositing them hundreds of miles away or further. We know that earthquakes, tsunamis and flash floods happen. Global floods on the other hand... NOPE.

Can you please link us to a study of those Angola rocks that shows they are considered glacial erratics? Pictures aren't good enough, we need information on where they are from and how far they traveled.

And by the way, all the videos you are posting showing water moving rocks is evidence against a global flood. If water in relatively small amounts can do that stuff, why would you need a global flood to explain any erratics?
edit on 12 9 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

The article explained how they determine such things.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join