It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to make the needed corrections about - ERR-atics?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Sure, there are some rocks balancing on other rocks out there caused by glaciers and erosion. But in some areas there are three or four balancing the same way. The Indians themselves said their ancestors did some of those, they were markers sometime to mark a point or trailhead. They also did it in Europe, if you could see light underneath the boulder then you knew you were there when you were at sea. I wonder why the people who say all od these all are from glaciers do not pick up information about the practices of ancient cultures. They used poles and levers to get them up on rocks, they were not dumb a thousand years ago. Usually the man made ones had three rocks holding them up but sometimes two were used.

Think about this, three thousand years ago there were doors and gates on hinges, meaning they knew how to make hinges back then. How long before recorded history were they using hinges? Maybe thousands of years? All along history has been destroyed by the people overthrowing areas, we are lucky to have what we have.

Thousands of years ago man knew about levers, after all, pyramids and big buildings made of huge rocks are everywhere, even on some islands out in the ocean. The Indians knew how to use levers well, they were intelligent people. They had a massive trade route here in America, many of those trails became our roads and highways we have now. This is all in history, they made notes of these big trails when they were exploring here after we came here, this information is also in our national history libraries.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: edmc^2

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: edmc^2
a reply to: schuyler

Sure, I'm well aware of the Glacier Lake as well as the Ice Age, but quoting you:

Large chunks of ice containing boulders were carried by the water.

If there were no water to carry the chunks of ice, will the boulders moved/be transported to its current location - hundreds/ thousands of miles away?

When the glaciers are expanding, sure. The ice is moving. It incorporates the boulders and drags them along as it moves forward. When it melts, the boulders are exposed. I don't see what all the fuss is about, really. Both methods are fairly well established. There is no mystery.

erratics is the fuss.

All the mechanics just don't add up when comparing it to water locomotion and it's all based on speculation NOT actual science and engineering.

"Erratics" take their name from the Latin word errare (to wander), and are carried by glacial ice, often over distances of hundreds of kilometres. Erratics can range in size from pebbles to large boulders such as Big Rock (15,000 tonnes or 17,000 short tons) in Alberta.

No empirical evidence or mathematical evidence but just pure speculation. It's almost like blind faith.

Your flimsy criticism of glacial erratics hardly qualifies as research in support of the infamous flood. You need to do more than just discredit the competition to earn your spot in the race, ya dig?

And yet, there's no evidence supporting the idea of erratics. But I've proven beyond doubt the power of water. It's ability to transport VLBs over long distances and elevated locations. All you have with erratics is - speculation.

Come on give me some numbers or at least one video proving erratics is an acceptable science or even a theory.

All you got to offer are your words on a keyboard. Now that's flimsy.

BTW - I've read lots of information on the subject of erratics and none offered solid evidence.

So, can you at least provide one video of an erratic actually happening before you tippytappy the keyboard again?

like this:

edit on 22-11-2018 by edmc^2 because: vid

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Can't say I've ever encountered a "glacier truther" before....
At least it generated an interesting debate.
Unfortunately I dont know much at all about the topic but if I picture a one metre by one metre block of ice, which weighs one ton being pushed over the ground by a tractor, I'm pretty sure anything in its path not securely embedded in the earth will be pushed along by the hard, solid mass of ice, large stones included.
Scaled up by hundreds of metres/tons I can easily see large boulders being moved large distances.
As far as I know glaciers are just giant ROCK SOLID rivers, why would the ice go around, or over, any sold object in its way? That makes no sense, sorry.
edit on 22-11-2018 by Osirisvset because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

Why couldn't it be both glacial and water? When a glacier calves, it releases a lot of debris into the adjacent waterways. Couldn't a large boulder be embedded in the glacial ice and released during the calving process and pushed downstream by tidal forces?

edit on 22-11-2018 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

This video shows the tidal forces, similar to a tsunami, caused by glacial calving - also remember we don't see what's underneath the glacier. Over millions of years, perhaps these giant boulders were under pressure from the ice above and gradually moved downstream with the glacier. A few catastrophic calvings may have released them.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

Another suggestion would be plate tectonics. We know that the plates rise, fall, split and subduct. If one plate passes over another plate, similar to the Indian plate moving north, isn't it possible that boulders from the south might eventually be found in the north?

The geodynamics of central Asia is dominated by the interaction between the Eurasian and Indian Plates. In this area, many subplates or crust blocks have been recognized, which form the Central Asian and the East Asian transit zones.[2]

www.thoughtco.com...

It seems there would be a lot of energy in these processes to move huge boulders.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Not a horse with blinders, but maybe a horse who can read and has done it's homework on prehistory and the collective cultures of post ice age civilization, particularly in the black sea/ Mediterranean region.

You are ignoring written history from many, many cultures to adopt a speculative theory based on another theory. I commend your faith, but it's a shame it's directed towards nihilism.

Not to mention the complete lack of geological record indicating a flood encompassing the entire world.

polystrate fossils are the most intuitive evidence for rapid sedimentation and also a global flood that reached above mountains.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You are right. It must be a different one. There are quite a few giant ocean liners stuck in mountain passesabove 20,000'.

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

There was no global flood.

There most certainly was. My family lived in Turkey at the base of mount Ararat until 1910. My grandfathers uncle was Minister of Finance for Turkey. He was like royalty. People from out village have not only seen the Ark, they have been in and on it from time to time over the centuries. Grandfather said it was still in one piece, petrified to stone, super thick walls, enormous, partitioned inside, super tall, and with only a portion of the stern hanging out, maybe once a century after at least 15 years consecutive drought.

My father is a top US scientist. A genius with many titles,( Chemist, Microbiologist, engineer, parasitologist, Director of Research for a fortune 500 company, medical background from Stanford, and attended 5 colleges and has even been summoned to the White House by a Vice President, in order to advise the Vise President, and Secretary of Agriculture. They then sent him over seas on US business, and I got to go.

He is a very moral and honest man. He told me that his Dad would never lie to me. The Ark is still there, and my family knew where it is, and so did everyone else that lived there. Super high on the mountain. Very sensitive area to Turkey/ Russia, and people are not allowed to wander there.

There!
You all were just treated to a inside family story . Not some old wives tale either

But was it the fabled Ark made by Noah to survive a literal global flood sent by God? Have tests confirmed every angle of the legend?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

You are right. It must be a different one. There are quite a few giant ocean liners stuck in mountain passesabove 20,000'.

There most certainly was. My family lived in Turkey at the base of mount Ararat until 1910. My grandfathers uncle was Minister of Finance for Turkey. He was like royalty. People from out village have not only seen the Ark, they have been in and on it from time to time over the centuries. Grandfather said it was still in one piece, petrified to stone, super thick walls, enormous, partitioned inside, super tall, and with only a portion of the stern hanging out, maybe once a century after at least 15 years consecutive drought.

My father is a top US scientist. A genius with many titles,( Chemist, Microbiologist, engineer, parasitologist, Director of Research for a fortune 500 company, medical background from Stanford, and attended 5 colleges and has even been summoned to the White House by a Vice President, in order to advise the Vise President, and Secretary of Agriculture. They then sent him over seas on US business, and I got to go.

He is a very moral and honest man. He told me that his Dad would never lie to me. The Ark is still there, and my family knew where it is, and so did everyone else that lived there. Super high on the mountain. Very sensitive area to Turkey/ Russia, and people are not allowed to wander there.

There!
You all were just treated to a inside family story . Not some old wives tale either

But was it the fabled Ark made by Noah to survive a literal global flood sent by God? Have tests confirmed every angle of the legend?

So you agree that studying the structure to deduce its exact cause is probably a good idea? Assuming its source and nature is kind of lazy and we have the technology to get real answers.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You are not allowed to go there. Our people went several times, long ago, when the border area was not such an issue. Even then, there is a great deal of risk, health wise. Your body begins to slowly die at that elevation. My family lived not far from Harput Turkey. You could go and ask people in that area to take you up there, as long as it is currently exposed. My Grandfather said it wasnt exposed for hundreds of years, until at least 15 years consecutive drought. You will not get approval to be up there from either Russia, or Turkey, so you must sneak up, and take oxygen canisters with you. Good Luck, if you accept this dangerous assignment.

There!

So you agree that studying the structure to deduce its exact cause is probably a good idea? Assuming its source and nature is kind of lazy and we have the technology to get real answers.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You are not allowed to go there. Our people went several times, long ago, when the border area was not such an issue. Even then, there is a great deal of risk, health wise. Your body begins to slowly die at that elevation. My family lived not far from Harput Turkey. You could go and ask people in that area to take you up there, as long as it is currently exposed. My Grandfather said it wasnt exposed for hundreds of years, until at least 15 years consecutive drought. You will not get approval to be up there from either Russia, or Turkey, so you must sneak up, and take oxygen canisters with you. Good Luck, if you accept this dangerous assignment.

There!

Well isn't that convenient.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 23-11-2018 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

There!

The summit of Mt. Ararat is at 16,854 ft.
edit on 11/23/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

That Ark was proved to be a hoax, a long time ago, and a boat would not prove a global flood, regardless. Even if it was verified scientifically(which is not), it would only show a local flood. Geologists know better. Claiming you know there was a global flood because you saw a rock formation that looks like an ark is completely disingenuous.

Nice appeal to authority.

So because somebody told you they were not lying, it means everything they tell you is automatic truth? Sorry, it's complete nonsense.

www.snopes.com...

You've been duped into buying into a religious hoax, almost completely fabricated. It's a natural rock formation and no actual research has shown otherwise. Your conjecture about your family experience is irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

They found a new one apparently. This one is real. It will also be a great tourist attraction.

“Once the scientific community knows about the existence of Noah’s Ark in Mount Ararat, we can make it available to the general public.”

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Not a horse with blinders, but maybe a horse who can read and has done it's homework on prehistory and the collective cultures of post ice age civilization, particularly in the black sea/ Mediterranean region.

You are ignoring written history from many, many cultures to adopt a speculative theory based on another theory. I commend your faith, but it's a shame it's directed towards nihilism.

Not to mention the complete lack of geological record indicating a flood encompassing the entire world.

polystrate fossils are the most intuitive evidence for rapid sedimentation and also a global flood that reached above mountains.

You are ignoring a lot more documentation than I am. You have yet to prove me wrong.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Barcs

They found a new one apparently. This one is real. It will also be a great tourist attraction.

“Once the scientific community knows about the existence of Noah’s Ark in Mount Ararat, we can make it available to the general public.”

www.express.co.uk...

The article suggests they haven't done any actual research on the structure at all.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Well just look at it.

It's very boaty looking. Am I wrong?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TzarChasm

Well just look at it.

It's very boaty looking. Am I wrong?

And the earth is very flat looking from where I stand. Also the sun appears to orbit the earth.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The remains reported by the SDA guy is not the Ark. It is whole, and in a mountain of ice. I know it shakes your world, because it screams " Everything you know is wrong.

Hey Phage, a mere mole hill. Hop up there and show us.

originally posted by: Barcs

That Ark was proved to be a hoax, a long time ago, and a boat would not prove a global flood, regardless. Even if it was verified scientifically(which is not), it would only show a local flood. Geologists know better. Claiming you know there was a global flood because you saw a rock formation that looks like an ark is completely disingenuous.

Nice appeal to authority.

So because somebody told you they were not lying, it means everything they tell you is automatic truth? Sorry, it's complete nonsense.

www.snopes.com...

You've been duped into buying into a religious hoax, almost completely fabricated. It's a natural rock formation and no actual research has shown otherwise. Your conjecture about your family experience is irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

The remains reported by the SDA guy is not the Ark. It is whole, and in a mountain of ice. I know it shakes your world, because it screams " Everything you know is wrong.

A boat in a mountain does not change a thing. We already know there were local floods when the last ice age was ending, and possibly others a bit later as well. But yeah, get back to me when there is actual research about it rather than conjecture and hearsay.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join