It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC - throw away all your Romaine Lettuce - Wrong!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
weather.com...

Throw Out All Romaine Lettuce Ahead of Thanksgiving Holiday, CDC Says

No, you should take your romaine back to where you bought it and get a refund. If someone sells you poisoned food should you also
eat the cost? Yes romaine is cheap, it is principal!

Tired of these headlines, a new food recall each week. Time to ramp up my gardens I just don't
trust our food in the US anymore. I will buy more from local farmers and grow as much else that I can.
Have you seen the size of chicken breasts lately, they almost are the size of humans! They are gigantic. Where did normal sized
chickens go?

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yeah!

And what about boneless chickens?
That's just cruel!

edit on 11/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What the cluck!

edit on 21-11-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
No, you should take your romaine back to where you bought it and get a refund. If someone sells you poisoned food should you also

HELL YA! I'm getting my 68c back, wait... it will cost me $1.23 in gas...hmmm

I will buy more from local farmers and grow as much else that I can.
Have you seen the size of chicken breasts lately, they almost are the size of humans! They are gigantic. Where did normal sized
chickens go?

Same damn thing happens to older women. They go from a B cup to a DD cup over night it seems. I bet if we can solve the chicken thing we can solve the cougar thing too.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It is stunning to think the USA gets some of its veg from Romania , What with them moaning about climate change and all you would thing they would be growing it indoors with hydroponics and staffed with prisoners to keep the cost down , the uk Tesco flys its chickens in from Asia !

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

HELL YA! I'm getting my 68c back, wait... it will cost me $1.23 in gas...hmmm

I will buy more from local farmers and grow as much else that I can.
chickens go?

Unless you are person that only goes shopping once a month you can take it back when you do your normal grocery shopping, no need for a special trip. Btw, they just recalled ground beef too, so a little here a little there, pretty soon half your groceries are recalled, but keep trashing your $$ all you want.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have a feeling some of these farms are useing biosludge for fertilizer.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

We grow "Romaine lettuce" here in the USA.

It's original name was "Roman lettuce", as it could be found all over the empire. It was believed to have originated from Cos the Greek island in the Mediterranean.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Oh yeah, and so that's why the Caesar Salad uses the Romaine 'Roman' lettuce.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Btw, they just recalled ground beef too, so a little here a little there, pretty soon half your groceries are recalled, but keep trashing your $$ all you want.

I live manly on good beer and I get my meat from a friend that raises grass fed cows... To be truthful the organic side has a much higher chance of danger due to stuff like this than the normal food path does...

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Romaine lettuce is constantly getting recalls. I don't think you even have to return it, if you have a receipt, just go to customer service and get your refund.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Often it is the processing plant that causes the spread of bacteria that hurts people. One person who can live symbiotically with the E-Colli can screw up a lot of product. I doubt if there is a problem with the majority of the Romaine, it is that they cannot find the source that is a problem. Maybe they need more people out in the field testing these things at these processing plants.

We are constantly exposed to bacteria and fungus and most people are not bothered by it. But if you got sick lately and your immune system is drained, then it is hard to fight. Many meds also steer away our bodies ability to fight bacteria. Also, on a natural note, the strawberry steers our body to fight viruses, at the expense of fighting bacteria...because it steers it. So if you eat strawberries, it is good to have some onions or garlic incorporated into your diet to help fight the bacteria without the need for the immune chemistry. Toss some onions on the salad when you make it and chances are that the chemistry of the onions will help us fight food poisoning. Or have some garlic bread with the meal. There are multiple ways to add help to fight diseases caused by microbes.

The plant defense system chemicals of the Romaine should help to protect it against bacteria, so why is something like Romaine having E-colli? I haven't a clue why so many leafy green veggies are contaminated with bad bacteria lately.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Just soak your lettuce in a vat of bleach. Kills everything.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

and staffed with prisoners to keep the cost down

Yeah, that's the ticket. Slave labor to solve our economic woes. While we are at it we can make more things against the law to increase the prison population of slaves. And the prison industrial complex would love it as well. Take their cut and all.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I think along the lines of what agenda51 said, biosludge
agricultural runoff, workers pooping in the fields?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Night soil has a long history.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

CDC says get rid of all your Romaine lettuce or youll get sick - everyone complies and the CDC are heros.
CDC says get your flu shot or you could get sick and die - their evil and part of the Illuminati

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I think along the lines of what agenda51 said, biosludge
agricultural runoff, workers pooping in the fields?

They are spraying a lot of that liquid nitrogen fertilizer these days, made from cow urine fresh out of the holding tank from the barns. They have some trucks coming up here and spraying that stuff on fields, I do not like that, too much of a contamination issue. When used on potatoes, high nitrogen causes them to turn black inside after a while in storage, it is very evident too much nitrogen is being used on the potatoes in the store.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is NWO related?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Just soak your lettuce in a vat of bleach. Kills everything.

I read that using food grade hydrogen peroxide kills things plus it actually can neutralize many of the pesticides by oxidation. The problem is you can't get the food grade stuff around here, it is thirty five percent, not much is needed in the water. You don't want to put that pure on your cut.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join