It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unicorns are SEXIST!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The majestic Unicorn, symbol of the SJW Movement, is the ultimate irony of a paradoxical enigma.

First of all the "Unicorn" is but a fanciful rendition of the Horse, which itself is a classical symbol of masculinity:

HORSES AND THE EMBODIMENT OF ELITE MASCULINITY IN THE DOLENJSKA HALLSTATT CULTURE
In later prehistory horse ownership was a manifestation of wealth and physical prowess, and demonstrated access to distant lands. Because of the
expense and restricted availability of horses, they are often reduced to indicators of status without more nuanced considerations of how lived human-horse interactions enmeshed them in these status displays. To complicate the simple horse/status object equivalence, this article presents a specific case for the symbolic and social significance of horses in Early Iron Age south-eastern Slovenia through the lens of equine iconography, and argues that horses and particularly equestrianism were essential to embodying elite masculine identity. Broadly, this article seeks to move beyond equating high-status goods with high-status people by discussing how particular events, bodily abilities and human-animal relationships were all intertwined in the materialization of social distinction for a particular group.

Then we have the issue of the 'antler', antlers being the stuff of the male sex drive, which they strut when they go into "rut".

Thing is, the Unicorn has a single antler emerging from its skull. The placement makes its essence clearly more prominent on the critters brain than would other horned antelope'esque critters.

The bigger issue surrounding the Unicorns horn however is the more overt symbolism which it drips with, and that my friends is is the fact that its phallic.

A phallus is a penis, an object that resembles a penis, or a mimetic image of an erect penis. Any object that symbolically—or, more precisely, iconically—resembles a penis may also be referred to as a phallus; however, such objects are more often referred to as being phallic. en.wikipedia.org...

All the symbolism inherent in its image, why did these mysterious man-hating SJW creatures adopt the Unicorn as their intergalactic symbol of anti-male zealotry?

edit on 21-11-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
probably symbolizes a utopian world for them but, to me, it represents fantasy.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Can't miss a chance to do a bit of trade.

For sale now in Cardiff, UK, £1,250.

www.dragondriving.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
1) SJWs are not man-hating. They are however certainly rapist-hating.

2) There is no unified 'SJW group'.

3) SJWs don't have a unicorn as their symbol. There is no SJW flag either.

Rainbow Unicorns are sort of a symbol associated with the predominantly American LGBTQ scene?

But hey, don't let me interrupt the ATS SJW-Bashing session with anything as inconvenient as facts.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I read that the real Unicorn was a sort of goat, there are skeletal remains that exist of this creature...it is classified as a goat. Horses do not have horns. Maybe there was something that sort of looked like a horse that had a single horn, they did ride cows and donkeys in the past, but donkeys do not have horns either.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
My theory is that the unicorn is actually derived from verbal descriptions of the rhinoceros.
Travellers reported "animal charging at high speed across the plains", and this became "horse" when interpreted by western minds.

P.S. You could have exploited the traditional detail that unicorns respect virgins. Should that legend be taken as "chauvinism" or as "approval of lesbians"?

edit on 21-11-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
An interesting post considering the recent review of unicorn symbolism by Truthstream Media on YouTube. Tracking to remain skeptical, but they physically investigated 3 major chain department stores alone and found hundreds of items representing unicorn symbolism above and beyond what is perceived as normal. The day post watching that video I saw 7 Unicorn stickers on cars (in my small community in Canada) and was surprised when I paid slight more attention to detail in a Walmart. A symbol of future unification of all? Or a fruity coincidence.. Guess we'll see soon enough!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I read that the real Unicorn was a sort of goat, there are skeletal remains that exist of this creature...it is classified as a goat. Horses do not have horns. Maybe there was something that sort of looked like a horse that had a single horn, they did ride cows and donkeys in the past, but donkeys do not have horns either.

Siberian Unicorn

The real unicorn, Elasmotherium sibiricum, was shaggy and huge and looked just like a modern rhino, only it carried the most almighty horn on its forehead.

According to early descriptions, the Siberian unicorn stood at roughly 2 metres (6.6 feet) tall, was 4.5 metres (14.7 feet) long, and weighed about 4 tonnes.

edit on 21/11/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

They say that that creature went extinct long ago, but how do they know for sure it did? It could have lived on somewhere and just because there has been no evidence found that shows it did not live longer. it does not mean it does not exist even today. I think with the invention of guns, a lot of creatures went extinct.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: dug88

They say that that creature went extinct long ago, but how do they know for sure it did? It could have lived on somewhere and just because there has been no evidence found that shows it did not live longer. it does not mean it does not exist even today. I think with the invention of guns, a lot of creatures went extinct.

But a beautifully preserved skull found in Kazakhstan in 2016 has completely overturned that assumption. Turns out, these incredible creatures were still around as recently as 29,000 years ago.

The skull, which was remarkably well-preserved, was found in the Pavlodar region of Kazakhstan. Researchers from Tomsk State University were able to date it to around 29,000 years ago via radiocarbon dating techniques

That would put them as existing alongside humans.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Humans did just fine snuffing out critters long before the gun, while there werent as many SJW's around way way back in the day to report unicorn sightings.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Didn't Noah let the Unicorns drown?
This could explain why SJWs hate the sweet baby Jesus.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

A.K.A. "The Johnson Horse".

Just one more example of the pathological confusion displayed by the SJW.

Against rapists, but pro-Muslim.

What??? OK, whatever.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

edit on 21-11-2018 by eisegesis because: Sirius-Orion-Monoceros

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
edit on 21-11-2018 by eisegesis because: Sirius-Orion-Monoceros

Hey no Indian-Posting, that's a microaggression.

Alright I gotta go to work.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Either male or female symbology isn't inherently sexist. Sexist is the expression of sterotyping, or discrimination or prejudice based upon a person's gender. A male or female symbol in itself cannot be sexist. It is the implementation or use of that symbol that really tells the tale.

Now, I wonder........... what do you have against unicorns? Sure, most mammals have twin horns (the rhinoceros excepted), but that surely isn't a basis for discrimination.

Unicorns can also symbolise peaceful things -- dreams and harmony and fantasy and nurturing.

I think this is a case of "in the eye of the beholder".

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Unicorns are so cool though. They taste great with butter.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

No, no no!

Unicorns are NOT sexist. Unicorns are just very choosy when it comes to girlfriends.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I knew it! I always thought unicorns were d**kheads, and the horn was phallic symbolism as I assumed.

As for the biology of these creatures, I'm hoping to prove that unicorns are descendants of Narwhals, only time will tell if my theory is correct.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

A.K.A. "The Johnson Horse".

Just one more example of the pathological confusion displayed by the SJW.

Against rapists, but pro-Muslim.

What??? OK, whatever.

So you're saying all Muslim's are rapists are you?

In a predominantly Christian country, most rapes will be committed by Christians. In a predominantly Buddhist country, most rapes will be committed by Buddhists. In a Muslim country, etc, etc.

3 out of 4 rapes are committed by people known to the victim, friends and family. These are usually from the same ethnic and religious group as the victim.

Educate yourself sir, lest you be discounted as a ghastly racist. There is pathological confusion here, but it's generally not on the part of the SJWs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join