It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump stands up for Saudi Arabia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Does anyone really expect Trump to threaten the massive arms deals he has with Saudi Arabia over a journalist who was critical of him?

That’s a rhetorical question.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Sounds like a lot of people think we couldn't make it without SA. So much for America being strong, we can't even survive without a bunch of terrorists paying us for weapons. Lol.
edit on 11/21/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: BlackJackal

Trump is just an Asshole.
That's all there is too it and like minded assholes support him and everything he does.

You say it as if we give a rat's hairy ass about that fact.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Why are we putting our dollars, our soldiers and our integrity on the line for Israeli interests? They're not America.

Are you sure they are not Americans though?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I think Graham got it right on this one.

"I think he's done a lot of damage to the relationship between the United States and Saudi Arabia," Graham told NBC's "Meet the Press." "And I have no intention of working with him ever again."

Graham said he was certain that Crown Prince Mohammed ordered the death of Jamal Khashoggi, a dissident Saudi journalist and U.S. resident. "I'm going to do whatever I can to place blame where I believe it lies," the senator added.

"I'm gonna put it at the feet of the crown prince, who has been a destructive force in the Mideast."

“It is not in our national security interests to look the other way when it comes to the brutal murder of Mr. Jamal Khashoggi,” Graham said in a statement released late Tuesday afternoon.

The South Carolina Republican, who is set to become chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee in January, warned that Trump’s tolerant stance toward Saudi Arabia threatened to risk the nation’s role as a moral leader.

“I fully realize we have to deal with bad actors and imperfect situations on the international stage," Graham said. "However, when we lose our moral voice, we lose our strongest asset.”

Never let your enemies know your next move.

Had Trump blamed Saudi and said something negative, we'd be posting in this very thread by this very OP, only with a different headline.

If Trump would have called them out for this, I would be the first one to say he did the right thing. See you are projecting yourself onto others. In your world of defend Trump no matter what you are constantly ready to turn on a dime and defend something that you used to oppose. Since that is the way you are acting you assume others will do the same.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I stand for the truth, not any single person.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
America used to be this thing called 'The Leader Of The Free World'.

We all looked up to America, admired you for your weird and wonderful ways, sometimes we didn't like you much, but we all knew deep down that we could more or less trust you to do what was right. More so than any other nation.

That your commitment to freedom and democracy would, generally, outweigh other considerations when push came to shove.

You rescued us from the Nazis. You saved us from the catastrophe of the post war economic collapse. You stood side by side with us when Europe looked set to topple over into Soviet control.

America lead the world.

But now? The world doesn't know what to do, America has abandoned it's role, America has fallen under the sway of a crazy man who tells so many lies every day it's hard to even keep track. The world can no longer rely on America.

And what's happening? As Trump bends over for the Saudi's and says 'YES SIR! DEEPER PLEASE!', nations like Russia and China are positioning themselves to take over the empty role of 'Leader of the World', only under them, it won't be free anymore.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

If we're going to hold the same standards across the board, then we should cut ties with China, the EU and everyone and just be an isolationist nation.

Sounds rather nationalistic, but I'd be okay with that.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Trump is just an Asshole.
That's all there is too it and like minded assholes support him and everything he does.

You say it as if we give a rat's hairy ass about that fact.

You should care. Being a nation of assholes following a bigger asshole because it's 'funny and lulz at the libruhls' has real world consequences with other countries around the world.

You clearly don't care how America is perceived around the world, so long as you get to feel like you're bullying libruhls and making they cry those salty tears you enjoy so much, but that will have consequences in the long run. It's already had serious consequences. Those consequences will just get worse.

But hey, so long as Trump supporters enjoy being assholes, that's not going to change.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

"I drive really slow in the ultra-fast lane, while people behind me are going insane"

Classic

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If we're going to hold the same standards across the board, then we should cut ties with China, the EU and everyone and just be an isolationist nation.

Remember those trade tariffs Trump has hit China with? Billions of dollars worth of tariffs.

Remember the tariffs he's hit European nations with?

Trump HAS imposed sanctions on places like China, Iran, even bizarrely his close allies in Europe and Canada. The guy has picked fights with almost everybody, except the Saudi's, he loves the Saudi's, they are his lords and masters, he bows and scrapes and grovels to the Saudi's.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I especially relate to the lyrics: "I like to park in handicapped spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces." It reminds me very much of the left side of American politics.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
that's not going to change.

Neither am I...

link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Where was your outrage when Obama allowed $112 Billion in arms deals with Saudi Arabia? Did your heroes at CNN fail to inform their viewers as usual?

We can go on for days posting Obama's crap that was OK with everyone prior to Trump..So Trump iust just an A-hole...lol

Obama has promised to veto a bill that Congress passed unanimously allowing families of 9/11 victims to sue Saudi Arabia over alleged links to the 2001 terrorist attacks.

Yea, I'd rather have someone that is considered an "asshole" because he looks at the bigger picture instead of reacting to everything out of emotion and screwing over 100's of millions of people.

Except in this instance "bigger picture" just means feeding the MIC and his corporatist pals. So much for draining the swamp... but we've known that someone who is swampy by nature was never going to drain any swamp.

Trump is, for the most part, all emotion, so this comment is a tad ill-placed. That said, this is one of the few rare instances that Trump isn't acting solely out of emotion (although he didn't like the journalist murdered... so I'm sure his petty vindictive side is having some say on this one too).

I'd rather not have someone that is a spiteful asshole. Way too many decisions/rants/lies based solely out of being a emotional dck and not with the country (or facts) in mind.

link   
a reply to: Painterz

How do you know we're not getting the same concessions from the Saudi's?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Obama also placed strict sanctions on Russia and kicked their diplomats out of the country.

Kind of...

But the Obama administration’s most significant retaliatory measure against Russia came after Trump’s electoral win.

On Dec. 29, 2016, Obama ordered 35 Russian diplomats and suspected intelligence agents to leave the United States, and he also imposed narrow sanctions on some Russian individuals and organizations.

Strict and narrow do not mean the same thing....also Obama was pissed it seemed, and today two years later the official statement is Russia had minimal influences in our elections.

At least Obama did something. Trump hasn't done crap. Even after Congress passed new sanctions against Russia Trump refused to put them into effect.

So is this really your argument "Trump didn't do anything about Saudi Arabia, but that's ok because Obama didn't do enough to Russia"?

Has Donald Trump 'been much tougher on Russia' than Barack Obama?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Fair enough. As a nation we could be self-sufficient.

The big question that remains: being okay with isolation and nationalistic, would you be okay with cutting ties with your real enemy, the state of California and it’s economy (5th largest GDP in the world)?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Are you willing to pay more per gallon just so some Arab prince gets an additional, American voice castigating him for killing an individual who had no citizenship connection to this country? I'm not. Holy hell, I supported middle eastern wars in the hopes gas prices would ultimately go down after them... as did many Americans, so who the hell is Khashoggi in the grand scheme of things beyond just one more dead man in a long, long history of dead men in that region?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens

Fair enough. As a nation we could be self-sufficient.

The big question that remains: being okay with isolation and nationalistic, would you be okay with cutting ties with your real enemy, the state of California and it’s economy (5th largest GDP in the world)?

Yep.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

Where was your outrage when Obama allowed $112 Billion in arms deals with Saudi Arabia? Did your heroes at CNN fail to inform their viewers as usual?

We can go on for days posting Obama's crap that was OK with everyone prior to Trump..So Trump iust just an A-hole...lol

Obama has promised to veto a bill that Congress passed unanimously allowing families of 9/11 victims to sue Saudi Arabia over alleged links to the 2001 terrorist attacks.

Yea, I'd rather have someone that is considered an "asshole" because he looks at the bigger picture instead of reacting to everything out of emotion and screwing over 100's of millions of people.

Except in this instance "bigger picture" just means feeding the MIC and his corporatist pals. So much for draining the swamp... but we've known that someone who is swampy by nature was never going to drain any swamp.

Trump is, for the most part, all emotion, so this comment is a tad ill-placed. That said, this is one of the few rare instances that Trump isn't acting solely out of emotion (although he didn't like the journalist murdered... so I'm sure his petty vindictive side is having some say on this one too).

I'd rather not have someone that is a spiteful asshole. Way too many decisions/rants/lies based solely out of being a emotional dck and not with the country (or facts) in mind.

Obviously, you aren't paying attention. I could care less about some random guy who got killed doing his dangerous job. People get killed for worse all the time. Throwing away 100's of Billions in deals and exploding the cost of gas over 1 guy compared to the millions that have died in that region is the definition of being emotional about it. Trump is looking at the real picture of gas prices swelling to unaffordable prices.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia is our ally. If I were president I would try to downplay this incident. This event has been blown all out of persepctive by the left, the guy was not very smart to bash the leaders of Saudi Arabia and then go to try to their place and try to get them to get something from them to benefit himself. Not too smart at all.

This is not something our government should take action on, the family of this guy could sue the Saudis, so could his fiance. We should not be starting all sort of action other than condemning their action on this, it should not be effecting our relations. This kind of stuff happens to dumb people who push the wrong buttons. He was just a fool with a big head, not wise at all. Now if he was a legal resident here, why would he have to have approval of the Saudi government to get married? he just had a visa, he was not a legal American resident alien.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join