It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSC Actor Who was ‘Dead’ for Seven Minutes Now Paints the Afterlife

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
a reply to: Kandinsky

It was sarcasm. I got what you were saying

Ahh f***. So your post went sailing over my head.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Arnie123
What if, all that we experienced in the "afterlife" or something similar is the brain going into overdrive at the onset of death?

That its the biological way of easing ones own demise? Those last few seconds within the mind could pave way to all kinds of lives and actions, spooky quantum mechanic stuff, squeezed into a few seconds....

What if our entire lives were just constant replays of the one real life that we once lived, compressed into the final milliseconds of consciousness, over and over again forever? That's why we get things like deja vu. We get the feeling we've done something before because we have, stuck in an endless loop replaying the same life over again, and once in a while we get a vague memory of it through some other quantum quirk.

Thats a very interesting point.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
What if, all that we experienced in the "afterlife" or something similar is the brain going into overdrive at the onset of death?

That its the biological way of easing ones own demise? Those last few seconds within the mind could pave way to all kinds of lives and actions, spooky quantum mechanic stuff, squeezed into a few seconds....

This is in fact what many think, though its hard to logic out how we would have evolved such a mechanism (on account of its interaction occurring post-procreation period).

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: RAY1990

Define the individual when there's a collective in perfect communication.

Autonomous.

We are NOT the Borg.

Haha good answer, yeah even our cells have minds of their own, well... Programming of their own, I guess?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
My painting of the afterlife:

edit on 29-11-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

My painting of the afterlife:

What, you know 100% that our conciouness does not survive death?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

I can't prove a negative, but I haven't seen anybody prove the positive. Anecdotes? Sure. Proof positive? Sadly lacking. Although I can't really say "sadly." The last thing I need after going through this life is a sequel.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I can't prove a negative, but I haven't seen anybody prove the positive. Anecdotes? Sure. Proof positive? Sadly lacking. Although I can't really say "sadly." The last thing I need after going through this life is a sequel.

Well, being someone who hates religon, and someone who does not believe in God, I do believe that death is not the end, purely on a quantum level. I have had a few experiences (demty) where my reality was completly shifted. In one second I did not know who I was, I did not know I was human. All i knew was my reality was where I was at that moment in time.

These experiences have made me believe that there could be something else after we die. That our conciousness shifts, and like what happend to me, you forget everything about you, your life, everything.

Not saying this is 100% true, but my experiences has opened my eyes a little bit more to the idea.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

There is ZERO proof D-Mee-Tee is endogenously released through the pineal gland, much less that it’s released as a dying palliative.

As I stated earlier, many of the same tropes and themes dominate universal experiences, but that’s only proof that we all die alike. Even then, it’s not proof of any kind.

Glad you got to blast off, though. It never gets old.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens
a reply to: Jay-morris

There is ZERO proof D-Mee-Tee is endogenously released through the pineal gland, much less that it’s released as a dying palliative.

As I stated earlier, many of the same tropes and themes dominate universal experiences, but that’s only proof that we all die alike. Even then, it’s not proof of any kind.

Glad you got to blast off, though. It never gets old.

You say there us zero proof, but it has been proven that it is released in the brains of rats, so chances are, it is released in our own brain too, and is just a matter of time before that is proved. And as I said earlier, I am not saying there is 100% proof that conciouness survives death, but there is no 100% proof that it does not either.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
i just try to get people lost.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I do believe that death is not the end, purely on a quantum level. I have had a few experiences (demty) where my reality was completly shifted. In one second I did not know who I was, I did not know I was human. All i knew was my reality was where I was at that moment in time.

Well, certainly, we're all energy in the end. Wer'e little swirls or eddys in the chaos of energy/mass that occur naturally in any chaotic system with a feedback loop. But not conscious, anymore than a fire or starlight is conscious.

I do think there are subtle energies out there that we have a hard time detecting because they happen in dimensions we can't see directly. And that might lead to things like telepathy and clairvoyance or some other kind of structured information that is passed between minds without the necessity of having them disrupt spacetime. Maybe. Hard to say. But that's not life after death. That's information acquired with a functioning living brain and mind.

I'm not expecting to experience anything after I die. No more music because the player is broken.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I believe I've had a near death experience - I went into sleep paralysis which I didn't think was a big deal because it happened before , But this time I heard 2 women talking I forced my eyes open and seen 2 women dressed in white and one of them noticed I had opened my Eyes she quickly put her hand on the side of my face and I instantly went out again , After a few min I woke up and thought wow that was strange, I began to get up but all of a sudden went right back into paralysis but this time sitting half way up . I was in a jet black dark area still felt like myself but I was just there , I could speak and I said Oh crap and yelled I better not be dead if i'm dead your going to have a problem I'm not ready yet ! It was echoey and I heard a voice say no your not dead just look and I was drawn to a opening that has like purple silky clouds undulating, I said I don't see anything and the voice replied just look closer I still don't see anything I replied it said "Closer" I stuck my head just a bit inside the opening and just when I started to make out something , BOOM I was right back into my body sitting half way up .

At that point in my life I had been drinking heavily everyday and was suffering from depression , After that day I stopped drinking and was no longer depressed , I ended up losing like 70lbs and feeling the healthiest I felt in 10 years .

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Your supposed to throw the party at the end after i leave.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I think energy is just a metaphor. Fundamentally I think that reality, including the one outside of this one, is information at the very core. The physical is information, consciousness is information, and we live in a learning lab simulation created with information. Of course, 'simulation' is also a metaphor. The simulation theory, which there are many versions of now days, can explain all these unanswered questions. I don't mean a literal simulation such as some advanced alien race running a computer simulation, but that information at the base of all reality could indeed be digital in nature (ones and zeros, on and off, also simply metaphors).

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join