It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSC Actor Who was ‘Dead’ for Seven Minutes Now Paints the Afterlife

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Shiv Grewal is Royal Shakespeare Company actor who describes himself as 'scientifically-minded' and a 'natural cynic' but following the RSC's production of Much Ado About Nothing in 2013 Shiv suffered a massive heart attack at home with his wife , an ambulance was called and Shiv was treated by paramedics who managed to restart his heart but Shiv had been dead for seven minutes , as doctors battled to save his life Shiv had found himself "in a void" fully aware that he was dead but not planning on staying that way.

“I knew, somehow, that I was dead. I was aware my brain was dying and crying out for help. But, at the same time, I felt things completely separate from my body. It was like I was in a void but could feel emotions and sensations. Despite knowing I was dead, I also knew that there was a chance of coming home.

I also understood that I’d be reincarnated, but I didn’t want that just yet. I wanted to return to life, to the material world and to my wife. I demanded that I was coming back and I got my wish.

I felt there was a whole set of possibilities. Various lives and reincarnations that were being offered to me. But I didn’t want them. I made it very clear that I wanted to return to my body, to my time, to my wife and to go on living.
I needed to be proactive. I said I was coming back. I said it as a demand not a request.”

I had no body as such. I suppose it was a bit like swimming through water, you feel weightless and disconnected from the physical world. At one point I was travelling over the moon and I could see meteorites and all of space.

I’m less fearful of death because of it, but at the same time I’m also more fearful, because I’ve realized how precious everything I have in life is. I’m grateful just to be here. My drive for life has been boosted. I’ve always thought that kindness is essential for humans to evolve and become better, but after this experience, I now feel this very deep inside me – like a fundamental truth.
mysteriousuniverse.org...

'You feel weightless and disconnected from the physical world,' says Shiv of 'crossing the threshold', which also inspired this colourful piece

Pictures of Shiv's artwork

Do I believe in an afterlife ? , I don't disbelieve in it and think it possible that there is more to our existence than we understand.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I believe , Just because I know that I dont know anything for sure.

So why not an afterlife? Good thread SNF

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Sounds like a crazy trip on that chemical in your brain that causes you to dream that cannot be mentioned.

Researchers speculate it's released during dreams, birth and death.

Maybe spirit molecule is the "kosher" term

edit on 21-11-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I've had the experience of separation of physical body and weightlessness. Plus, connecting with others in that state.

I've had the experience of out of body all encompassing love.

Just kind of a normal experience for me -- not a near death experience.

So, yes I do believe there is something else going on besides this physical world.

Not a god. More of an energy consciousness without physical form.

I consider myself a Spiritual Atheist.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
What if, all that we experienced in the "afterlife" or something similar is the brain going into overdrive at the onset of death?

That its the biological way of easing ones own demise? Those last few seconds within the mind could pave way to all kinds of lives and actions, spooky quantum mechanic stuff, squeezed into a few seconds....

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Sounds like a dmt trip to me. That's pretty much what it's like...and it does get released into your brain when you die.

www.independent.co.uk...

www.psychologytoday.com...
erowid.org...
edit on 21/11/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Do I believe in an afterlife ? , I don't disbelieve in it and think it possible that there is more to our existence than we understand.

I exist. I am conscious. I AM. That alone is worthy of contemplation.

I don't put much credence in NDE's, because they seem to vary according to a persons beliefs, or at least individual interpretation does, but I do think everything/everyone is connected. A universal consciousness / collective unconscious if you will...

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Agreed , I don't think you need to be religious to believe in a possible afterlife , the void could be a part of the Holographic Universe recycling us and spitting us back out to continue the purpose.

Perhaps.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
What if, all that we experienced in the "afterlife" or something similar is the brain going into overdrive at the onset of death?

That its the biological way of easing ones own demise? Those last few seconds within the mind could pave way to all kinds of lives and actions, spooky quantum mechanic stuff, squeezed into a few seconds....

Maybe, but I've connected and interacted with other people I've only known online -- in that out of body state.

It's normal for me. I've always been this way.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Agreed , I don't think you need to be religious to believe in a possible afterlife , the void could be a part of the Holographic Universe recycling us and spitting us back out to continue the purpose.

Perhaps.

I don't want to go too much into my beliefs, but I believe physical is a manifestation of energy consciousness thought.

Worlds/experiences are created (manifested) and we choose to enter them like a virtual reality learning program.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
awesome find thank you

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I agree with Hermes or Thoth. the physical world is a mental construct, it's all in your imagination
edit on 21-11-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I know people who have taken DeeMT, and I've watched many videos of other people describing their experiences when they 'break through' using it, and it sounds exactly like what this guy is saying.

I wonder if all NDE's are just our brains secreting DeeMT???

Gonna have a read up. Nice thread s&f

edit on 21-11-2018 by FinallyAwake because: Because I'm not allowed to use an abbreviation of a Chemical that our body naturally reproduces?? Really???? 😳

edit on 21-11-2018 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2018 by FinallyAwake because: Because of this ridiculousness I had to edit 2 more times. Smh

Edit: This was an interesting read on the subject of NDE's and their relation to D M T
www.frontiersin.org...
edit on 21-11-2018 by FinallyAwake because: Added link

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I agree with Hermes or Thoth. the physical world is a mental construct, it's all in your imagination

I'd have to read them to know exactly what they're saying.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

I've never done drugs.

It's just naturally occurred since childhood.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Arnie123

Maybe, but I've connected and interacted with other people I've only known online -- in that out of body state.

It's normal for me. I've always been this way.
I don't dispute that at all.

I'm just speculating on the what, truth is, I'll find out when I cross that bridge.

I guess while crossing, I'll do my best and hold onto consciousness.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Nice and quick. Good read.

An interesting take on the afterlife was given by a Harvard-trained neurosurgeon in Proof of Heaven.

Here’s a wiki entry on it: Eben Alexander's Take on The Afterlife

Basically, guy was a cynic and always dismissed his patients’ stories of OBEs, ‘traveling into the void’, going to heaven and meeting grandpa, etc. as tricks of the brain. Does a 180 after being ‘essentially brain dead’. It’s an interesting story and there are several YT vids worth a watch.

As an aside, he nips the ‘you were having a dee-M-tee experience from its release through the pineal gland’ in the bud with the quickness.

Kindness does seem to be a over-arching theme in these stories. Some are bizarre, others serene, but whatever trope involved, kindness (or some variant) dominates.

I don’t have a take on what that means, what say you?

edit on 21-11-2018 by Cravens because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
That art....wow the colors in a red iron steel structure how cool

I had no time to pass with my timeline slip.....when I died at 1 am at DFW airport o the ramp at Branniff....just 5 seconds of wonder at the peace......then, in a new reality. Not hurting you know, like as if i got hit by a 747 loader in my 6 baggage car tug, which ended up way on down there up against a jetway pylon....i was uninterested........here safely in the new timeline..
edit on 21-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
That art....wow the colors in a red iron steel structure how cool

Looks like an old magnetic computer memory core.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I died once for 8 minutes.

Saw the soft bright light. The warmth.

Don’t remember seeing anything else.

Then I was rudely flung back in this meat carcass.

I was so pissed...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join