It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When literature and movies screw with the mind.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
There was at one point when there was a belief that the earth was hollow. This was started by some writers. One day I was over at my library when I found a book on "The Hollow Earth." ...and yes, it was in the non-fiction area. I read through it a little to see how stupid it was. It claimed that there were 1600 mile (in diameter) holes on the poles of Earth. He also claimed that UFO's came from within the Earth. ...and UFOs came to stop us from using nuclear weapons [blah blah]....

This just shows how fiction can be mixed up with non-fiction and so forth. I can't see why people would believe that but.....

If there is any way this makes sense to anyone here, please tell me. Other wise I'm going to that library to buy the book and destroy it.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well, I guess the real question is, prove that the N & S poles of Planet Earth do not have these reported holes. I mean, this is a report of a physical/landscape phenomenon. Surely thermal satellite photographs of the region would show holes (or a lack of them).

And then you have the information regarding Rudolph Hoess being involved with a base near the S pole. .. there are enough anecdotal reports of some strange pole activity to warrant a scientific investigation, in the very least.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Well I take what you are saying very seriously, always have done. I find it distasteful that people muck around with these subjects like they do (Nancy Lieder anyone?). People seem to make things up as they go along, then when you find the fundamental errors in what they say the word "debunker" starts being thrown around like its a dirty word.

Some peoples claims are just rubbish and I think UFOs coming out from the hollow earth is one of them. Underground Alien bases in South America and Puerto Rico are another matter entirely.

I`ll leave this thread here because I think you raise a great point but if anyone is interested in the hollow earth theories there are some great threads on this already and this is not the place to discuss them.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 02:49 AM
link   
A few threads on the hollow earth for any interested parties..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(this one with Rudolph Hess)

(slightly different take on how the core might work)

There are a few more just do a search��

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
Well I take what you are saying very seriously, always have done. I find it distasteful that people muck around with these subjects like they do (Nancy Lieder anyone?). People seem to make things up as they go along, then when you find the fundamental errors in what they say the word "debunker" starts being thrown around like its a dirty word.

Some peoples claims are just rubbish and I think UFOs coming out from the hollow earth is one of them. Underground Alien bases in South America and Puerto Rico are another matter entirely.

I`ll leave this thread here because I think you raise a great point but if anyone is interested in the hollow earth theories there are some great threads on this already and this is not the place to discuss them.

Why is this not the place to discuss them??? I don't see your reasoning behind this logic. Please explain.

And what do you mean another matter??? So are you saying that you do or don't believe that alien bases in South America are real or not??? What is your belief on this theory. Could you please explain?

Thanks.

Your Friend,
Abe

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Sometimes it amazes me how people can be so passionate and blinded over fiction. I guess in our society the boundary between reality and just a good story is often very blurred.

This happens in this case with the holes at the end of the earth. MK said to prove it, in another thread here I did, showing a map of the Nth pole and that the place where the hole is supposedly to be is pack ice and water. Holes and water don't exist well.

MK it is not up to people to prove that this childish tale is false, but to the believers to prove that it has some reality.

Originally posted by MKULTRA

Well, I guess the real question is, prove that the N & S poles of Planet Earth do not have these reported holes. I mean, this is a report of a physical/landscape phenomenon. Surely thermal satellite photographs of the region would show holes (or a lack of them).

And then you have the information regarding Rudolph Hoess being involved with a base near the S pole. .. there are enough anecdotal reports of some strange pole activity to warrant a scientific investigation, in the very least.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 03:12 AM
link   
"Why is this not the place to discuss them??? I don't see your reasoning behind this logic. Please explain."

Hollow earth does not belong in the Aliens and UFOs section and there are already plenty of threads on it if people want to discuss it. I see no merit in starting a new one. Also this thread is really about people confusing fact and fiction.

"And what do you mean another matter??? So are you saying that you do or don't believethat alien bases in South America are real or not??? What is your belief on this theory"

I firmly believe there may be extensive cave systems in the world that give rise to these theories and I firmly believe there are underground bases in a number of places in the world. Why is it another matter? Because it has nothing to do with this discussion.

[Edited on 6-7-2003 by cassini]

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It is also here to even plunder into the subject of UFOs and Aliens coming from inside the Earth. I find it really strange that another race of beings would be even inside the earth like that. But there are all those different theories of magnet mining, preparing a war, testing on humans, etc......

Basicly this book was written to scare people out of the cold war (or at least that's what I'm getting from it).

(4/\/\/\/\0 |)|_||)3

new topics

top topics

join