It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe the Ramey memo says what has been reported?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
interesting it mentions a weather balloon.
why has everyone commented on the alien bit but not dicissed the bit about the weather balloon on the memo?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by george54075407
interesting it mentions a weather balloon.
why has everyone commented on the alien bit but not dicissed the bit about the weather balloon on the memo?

It could be stating that they wanted to push the weather balloon crash instead of the real alien crash. Thats my guess. I'll have to take a look at the analysis again.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It says weather balloon in connection with a cover story...nor would there be "victims" in a weather balloon....

It's allways possible he did it on purpose, wasn't it him who had to go back on his word and basically lie under orders that a weather baloon had crashed and not an alien craft?
At least this way, he's broken the mystery around it without actually going public
Speaking of which, did he ever make any statements about it after he retired?

Possible? Sure...likely? No, not really. To my knowledge, Ramey stuck with the coverup story the whole time....unlike most involved with the incident....(I'll be more sure as I'm doing my research, as I recall rumors to the contrary)....

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Anubis_

It would sure help. Im convinced myself that there was some kind of cover-up. However, we need all the evidence that we can get to build some credibility. People aren't going to believe me simply because I say its true.

Definitely. Sadly, as damning as it may seem it's still probably not enough evidence to build a strong case. There could still be many other interpretations to it, including the fact that the text is blurred so much that different people will see different things.

Too bad some real top image analyzing experts couldnt get to work on this. I swear Stanton Friedman is right, if they spent half as much effort on this as they did on the Monica Lewinsky case I'm sure we'd get to the bottom of it.

And it doesnt seem likely [to me] the memo in Ramey's hand would be for something completely different. It's not like he's got mulitple memos in his hand, it just looks like one piece of paper--most likely with the orders for handling the Roswell incident.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
As I've understood it so far, we are discussing enhanced versions of this picture showing General Ramey posing with some bits of balsa wood and tin foil saying they were parts of a weather baloon recovered near Roswell:

Why then are these two blowups of the memo section completely different?

As can be seen, the piece of paper and thumb are completely different in each. Is one of these a deliberate hoax?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yes, what words were made from the telex only a couple of letters and lines were not legible. Seems that work didn't go as far into the ufological front lines as I thought it would.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by minimi
As can be seen, the piece of paper and thumb are completely different in each. Is one of these a deliberate hoax?

lol, yes minimi the 2nd picture, I made, it is a deliberate hoax to show it can easily be done, although im not saying the ramey memo is a hoax or its contents dont suggest what they are supposed to it was just to make a point

Vorta

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I see. After re-reading the posts i know exactly what you mean. It could ust be any old hand and piece of paper , couldn't it.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Except that it has been done by accredited researchers, and can also be done by most people with a decent computer themselves... The image was rotated in the blowup by the way...

It should be pointed out that even skeptics aren't claiming the blowups are fake (as they've done it for themselves). They simply claim that researchers (such as David Rudiak) are misinterpreting the message.

Here is an excellent site that goes into the details of the efforts taken, software and hardware used, dictionary comparisons, used, etc.

www.roswellproof.com...

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm sure the memo is real and does reference disk crash and victims. And no, I don't think it was planted in there on purpose. He had no way of knowing that it would come back and bite him in the @$$ 55 years later, but I'm glad it did.

X

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I read on another site you can get copies of the original negatives

Original negatives and photographs are housed at the Photographic Collection of the University of Texas at Arlington Libraries in Texas USA. Roswell photographs are courtesy of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Reprints of these famous Roswell photographs may be obtained from the library by calling 817-272-3393 or by faxing 817-272-3360.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deimos
I read on another site you can get copies of the original negatives

Original negatives and photographs are housed at the Photographic Collection of the University of Texas at Arlington Libraries in Texas USA. Roswell photographs are courtesy of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Reprints of these famous Roswell photographs may be obtained from the library by calling 817-272-3393 or by faxing 817-272-3360.

That's interesting to know. I may just have to order a set to add to my little collection.

Thanks and nice find, Deimos.

X

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I've always thought that since this ballon project was classified at the time, maybe they used the UFO to cover up the ballon project. Reverse your way of thinking on this. I don't know, just a thought.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I have a question about this.

The photo analysed, is it the original photo or is it a newpaper printing of the photo? Have the negatives been analysed? There is allways a loss of information from negative to print to copys.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well I for one is skeptical about all the interpretations of the memo... I mean, its a bit TOO much "create-something-out-of-nothing". Even the words that are "clear" is a blurry mess.

I especially like the "Top Secret" part:
roswellproof.homestead.com...
I just cant bloody see it! Even KNOWING its [supposed to say] "TOP SECRET" I STILL cant see it the slightest hint of it!

But granted, some things one can make out, and it is interesting. Except before the "Disc" word, it says "in"... I see "I'm" clear as day

Oh well, I'm not an expert. Guess we have to trust the experts word for it... Literally

[edit on 5-3-2005 by merka]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I have a question about this.

The photo analysed, is it the original photo or is it a newpaper printing of the photo? Have the negatives been analysed? There is allways a loss of information from negative to print to copys.

That's a good question. I remember one of the first(or the first) photo analyst to bring this information forward was infact using a hard image/ photo of the original photo. He was able to clean it up enough to start working on which words could have been used with those visible letter combinations.

I believe that since that time others have done the same. One video that mentioned it stated that the latest in imaging software was used with a direct copy of the original image, which I assume is based on negatives but I'm unsure.

I didn't know the negatives were openly available until it was posted(above), but that does make the above information more clear to me.

X

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
They obtained a print made from the original negative, from the paper involved. It states all of this on the last link I gave...

I've always thought that since this ballon project was classified at the time, maybe they used the UFO to cover up the ballon project. Reverse your way of thinking on this. I don't know, just a thought.

You have to think of the time...discs had just started showing up everywhere, and the people were very confused, I doubt they'd contribute to mass hysteria with such a "coverup" of a project that wasn't really that classified. Oh sure, the skeptics like to point out, "oh, but it was classified at the level of the Atomic Bomb!"... They are correct....AFTER the incident. It didn't have that level of classification PRIOR to the crash. Think about it.... First, the MATERIALS aren't the classified part of Mogul, only the OBJECTIVE was (even admitted by skeptics, check csicop.org if you don't believe me). Next, are you to believe that a SUPER CLASSIFIED balloon is going to just be allowed to come down wherever? And then not be immediately tracked and retrieved? That's even more wishful thinking than most UFOlogists are willing to do!
No, Mogul was covered up to hide what the Army had already revealed....that they had retrieved a flying disc...

Roswell is the key because it was the first...it established the protocal, even the agency designed to deal with it. Because of this, throughout the learning process, many slips were made. Even after successfully burying it for 30 years, we still continue to find more pieces of the puzzle. Sadly though, it's a race against time that cannot be won. Most of the original witnesses are dead of old age, and their statements are to be their last.....

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
See, that's why I'd vote Gazrok for WATS if it had a place for me to do so.

You da man Gazrok!

(Note: As I don't know you personally, you could be a woman, but either way, You da man!
)
X

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join