It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And my 2018 Darwin Award nominee is.....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

All you need in life is ignorance and confidence....and success is assured.
Mark Twain

He successfully exited the gene pool....albeit the shallow end.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Arrogance Personified

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
They thanked the lord for fresh meat. Good bread, good meat, good god let's eat.
a reply to: NightFlight

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Lol....maybe they prayed to God for food? And bam....Chau Mein turns up for a main course.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

He may have thought he was helping to usher in the Second Coming of Jesus. The bible says that before Jesus can come again, all the peoples of the world must have heard the ''word'' so to be able to make their decision for Christ before that day arrives. To have this happen it has been held by some Christians that they must go to remote areas of the world to make the word known to the remotest of peoples.

There was a book written about this Christian linguist who a century ago decided to do the same thing in Central and South America. He was a linguist and visited numerous tribes there to learn their languages. He came back to the US and set up a college for Christian linguists, taught them those languages so that they could go back down to preach. Sorry, I cannot remember the name of the book.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Definite contender. However, missionary killed by ignorant savages whilst trying to spread fhe Word - possible future elevation to the Sainthood?

Glass half full and all that!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
What language was the late and unlamented nitwit going to preach to them in???

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Sad really, I'm sure he thought he was doing the right thing. Sounds like he had a heart of gold and the best of intentions for helping mankind, unfortunately he was also driven and blinded by delusion. He definitely didn't think this through but maybe some good will come of it IDK. Not the first time it's happened and probably won't be the last. I feel like most I'm sure in thinking they should just be left alone, period.

When I was young I read a book called "Through the Gates of Splendor" about the five missionaries killed by the Huaorani tribe in Ecuador. One of the widows and sister of one of the missionaries killed went back and were able to teach them Christianity and that killing is wrong. It's a great read for those who haven't read it. There's also a documentary on it but I haven't seen it.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Why didn't jesus save him?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wait.

He got shot at, left. Then went back?

"They didn't really mean it. They like me."

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The

The bible also warns of false profits(see, what I did there). So they took care of bidness.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Unless his stupidity causes a "miracle", then no. And let's face it, Catholocism and its sainthood crap is a bunch of hooey.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Jibberish?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I read about this story earlier today... afterwards I thought... This is no different than turning down the wrong street in Chicago.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

The same reason he doesn't save children from rape, poverty, and cancer. The same reason puppies and kittens are thrown into rivers in burlap bags. Because of however highly evolved we think we are, we are just the highest level of a savage food chain.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Except this tard PAID for the privilege. Ergo the Darwin award nomination.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
if "he got bow and arrowed and probably eaten for dinner. "

I would say those people really do need Jesus

Why, does he taste better?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

True... though still the same. Wrong turn = wrong decision.

It also reminds me of this story in Manchester, UK
FEAR FOR OUR LIVES' Life on feral estates where playground gangsters as young as 12 hurl missiles in the street and cabbies attacked with angle grinders. www.thesun.co.uk...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Sweeter perhaps? I am sure they get tired of coconuts and octopus. Nothing like a brown dude to freshen up the menu.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

And they call those islanders uncivilized. Hmmmmm.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join