It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Radio : New Interview with Calvin Parker – The Pascagoula UFO Incident

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

The reason that I'm not a big fan of 'solid', is that it takes ludicrous speed (a funny there) er.. ludicrous amounts of energy to make matter approach the speed of light.. such that you couldn't bring enough fuel with to make it happen.. and even then, if a spec of dust hits you, you explode.

I often say it's all reflective. Interpretations are dependent on our vocabulary and reference points.

Instead of working from the 'space is big' angle, let's speculate from the basis that people have reported physical entities and objects here. How whatever got here, or from where, is unknown. Already local strikes me as a reasonable possibility.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

The reason that I'm not a big fan of 'solid', is that it takes ludicrous speed (a funny there) er.. ludicrous amounts of energy to make matter approach the speed of light.. such that you couldn't bring enough fuel with to make it happen.. and even then, if a spec of dust hits you, you explode.

I often say it's all reflective. Interpretations are dependent on our vocabulary and reference points.

Instead of working from the 'space is big' angle, let's speculate from the basis that people have reported physical entities and objects here. How whatever got here, or from where, is unknown. Already local strikes me as a reasonable possibility.

People have reported GUESSES that there are physical objects and entities. But when you dive in, it is far from certain that either is actually true. You know how this crazy business goes. That's why sane-ish people say "hypothesis" more often than their own name.

Hypothesis!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

People have reported GUESSES that there are physical objects and entities.

CE3s and CE4 reports have included physical aspects too. Pascagoula itself is an example or Bob Taylor with his torn clothing. Gary Wilcox described touching the exterior of some object hovering in his acreage. Whilst I'm not 100% certain these incidents happened as reported, it's a step too far to be 100% certain they were guessing.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Everybody has different lines they will or will not cross, in terms of what they find probable or reasonable. Your lines are fairly broad.. I won't beat possibilities or probabilities to death with such a person in such a case. They might be right and I might be wrong, and it doesn't matter who is which.. thought I'd prefer the 'right person' to be someone who does something worthwhile with research. But that's just a preference.. the sun will likely rise tomorrow morning just fine without either one of us..

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Exactly! People have spent decades aligning with one explanation (of hypothesis) and disparaging the others. None of them have come out as winners or game changers. Far better to be open minded and curious. I like to take a more mercurial approach rather than carrying a mould around and squishing everything into it.

I'm not saying you carry a mould either. It's a broad point with no specific person in mind.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Exactly! People have spent decades aligning with one explanation (of hypothesis) and disparaging the others. None of them have come out as winners or game changers. Far better to be open minded and curious. I like to take a more mercurial approach rather than carrying a mould around and squishing everything into it.

I'm not saying you carry a mould either. It's a broad point with no specific person in mind.

I don't want to ruin our group hug.. but i feel compelled to clarify one point a little.

The MiC has run a huge and ongoing deception campaign promoting the ETH for 70 yeears. They have been caught red-handed, repeatedly pulling a large number of shenanigans.

So even *if* there are real ET's in nuts and bolts craft out there coming to Earth, this deception campaign has RUINED what very little credability the ETH has left (it has zero left with me).

Now.... there are a handful of cases that IMHO may have involved actual nuts and bolts stuff... for example Cash Landrum may have been that nuclear-powered plane prototype... Kelly Hopkinsville *may* have been MiC in metal disguises testing something like '___'.

But what I AM saying, is that there is not one single IOTA of proof or evidence for the ETH having any merit.. at least using nuts and bolts craft. I'm 100% on-board with the possibility that we have been visited by something more pure energy or nearly pure energy... but definitely nothing with engines, star drives, life support---that's never happened, THAT WE KNOW.

Of course a nuts and bolts ship with biological aliens might fly up tomorrow... and that would be FASCINATING.. but it does not APPEAR to have happened yet.

Kev
edit on 23-11-2018 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I agree in general. The thing is nobody can make a post that covers every nuance and angle of UFO and close encounter reports. It'd take a page per post with scores of links and caveats.

But what I AM saying, is that there is not one single IOTA of proof or evidence for the ETH having any merit.. at least using nuts and bolts craft. I'm 100% on-board with the possibility that we have been visited by something more pure energy or nearly pure energy... but definitely nothing with engines, star drives, life support---that's never happened, THAT WE KNOW.

How can you 'KNOW?' Something with 'engines, star drives, life support' could have been here since before we learned to throw rocks. How do you know it didn't?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I'm not saying that it's not theoretically possible.

But there is no OBVIOUS evidence.

I mean.. my own BTUFO encounter.. other than the rivets clue.. at least when it first appeared.. before it started giggling and shape-changing.. it looked SO NUTS and BOLTS. But the evidence was 100% contrary to that point of view.

Well that, and the fact that (apparently) I summoned it. If there are nuts and bolts craft out there, that are scanning all human minds and waiting for someone to summon them... then that's one scary thought. (reference famous quote from Arthur C. Clark).

I can't think of one single 'UFO' incident that was compellingly "nuts and bolts". Can you? But we should do another thread, if you want to do that exercise.

Now.. to be crystal clear.. COULD encounters, such as goofy gnome homes with faeries coming out and offering cookies.. could those be just regular old ETH nuts and bolts?

Theoretically.

I could be a brain in a jar and not know it too.

But I can't think of a single compelling case, that even comes close to making the ETH/nuts & bolts case.

Or.. to be completely honest... where we started this conversation.. not any other theory either... though my own personal encounter makes a world class-case, that the appearance of the 'whatever it was' was being projected into my mind.. and that's a very special clue.. clues that good almost never come along.

Kev

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I mean.. my own BTUFO encounter.. other than the rivets clue.. at least when it first appeared.. before it started giggling and shape-changing.. it looked SO NUTS and BOLTS. But the evidence was 100% contrary to that point of view.

Maybe you're in denial and it was really a structured craft? Or yours was an ephemeral oddity and other people have seen physical objects. What if there are physical, advanced craft with the ability to 'hack' human perceptions as a form of camouflage? Certainty would be out the window.

I've been pointing to the reflective quality for a long while. That isn't to say nobody can be right and it's a possibility that someone has truly explained the phenomena. It could be you. I'm just not sure people can rely on their senses.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I'm not sure that I've disagreed with you in some time.

But using 'Judge Judy Rough Justice', it would SEEM the case for nuts and bolts isn't a good case to make.

Now.. if the MiC hadn't been hoaxing us for 70 years with nuts and bolts UFOs, I would be far less 'hostile' to the notion.

Kev

PS:

I think we are in near perfect agreement.. I'm not sure what we are discussing?

But I would appreciate you responding to the 70 years of deception.. that doesn't factor into your equation?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

There's a good argument to be made that the MIC has been hugely influential in the ETH. There's also a strong case that normal, non-military people report seeing objects that appear far more advanced than the tech of their times. It's a rational step for the witness/percipient to then conclude it came from somewhere else.

The mainstay of my position is 'insufficient data' for conclusions. In other words, I'll poke holes in all explanations without offering one.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

There's a good argument to be made that the MIC has been hugely influential in the ETH. There's also a strong case that normal, non-military people report seeing objects that appear far more advanced than the tech of their times. It's a rational step for the witness/percipient to then conclude it came from somewhere else.

The mainstay of my position is 'insufficient data' for conclusions. In other words, I'll poke holes in all explanations without offering one.

I've noticed that.. and that's a good thing.. keep EVERYONE honest.

I guess that I'm willing to go about 20% further in certain directions, due to what I consider good evidence.

That's doesn't mean that I'm right (or wrong).

This is a thorny business, and I'm doubtful that anything will be 'proven' anytime soon.

Kev

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

UFOs are all space brothers here to help us. They can be attracted by laser pointers. Atomic power is what drives them. Demons acting like angels piloting holographic alien spaceships on imaginary missions. Some explanations are hard to swallow.

Others are more thought provoking. Those are the ones that don't sit well in the right/wrong context.

This is a thorny business, and I'm doubtful that anything will be 'proven' anytime soon.

At least it injects novelty into the system.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

At least it injects novelty into the system.

Now that's the smoking gun isn't it?

But then that just leads to the cosmic trickster meme and/or the 'our unconscious minds are at war with our conscious minds' memes doesn't it?

That is in fact, why i'm way more interested in those 'rivets' than most things.

Because as we have beaten to death.. if you push 'hardcore science', 'mysticism', 'magic' or what not, you wind up in the same place for all it matters.

As the once highly esteemed JV would have said, (to paraphrase), we should look at the psychology and sociology, and not just the supposed underlying transportation.

He really inspired me... so much.. before TTSA.. he understood the "Little Red Wagon" story so well.

Kev

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

But then that just leads to the cosmic trickster meme and/or the 'our unconscious minds are at war with our conscious minds' memes doesn't it?

There's not a lot of binary is there? It's all gradations and counterpoints. Figuratively speaking, as soon as someone goes binary the Trickster has got their nose. Some worse than others and we've all been there at least once.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

There's not a lot of binary is there? It's all gradations and counterpoints. Figuratively speaking, as soon as someone goes binary the Trickster has got their nose. Some worse than others and we've all been there at least once.

If you want to go Terrence McKenna.. his machine elves are all having a hell of a good time.. and we humans tend to be WAY TOO SERIOUS and have forgotten how to play.

It could just come down to that.. that's even more narrow focussed than 'cosmic trickster'.

We dopey humans are destroying everything we touch.. if we could just loosen up... enjoy being with each other and the wittle animals.. but we refuse to receive the message.

No matter what else is true about 'ufos' or the 'paranormal', I think that's a good lesson for us.. and even if it's not 'THE' lesson, if one exists, it certainly seems to be a GOOD lesson.

Kev

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

We dopey humans are destroying everything we touch.. if we could just loosen up... enjoy being with each other and the wittle animals.. but we refuse to receive the message.

Yes it's hard to disagree with that.

Imagine if the whole abductee/experiencer thing was about creating fears for the world's environment at an epigenetic level? Expose people to horrific cataclysms to steer their descendants towards ecological awareness.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Western civilization abandoned the unconscious mind. It's pissed.

This could be another explanation as to why most 'UFO incidents' occur in the west.. having NOTHING to do with US military bases. Healthier cultures may have a better relationship with their unconscious minds, which then doesn't have to throw a fit to be heard. Now.. exactly when/how the unconscious can 'reach the level of the machine elves' and trigger something we would tend to find 'bizarre' I don't know for certain. But to me at least, that our unconscious minds are throwing fits seems pretty obvious.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Oh Gortex---- sorry for crapping up your thread with off-topic stuff. I always seem to do that, as I'm not allowed (don't ask) to start my own posts most of the time. I hope that it has been an interesting conversation for you too... I rarely get to talk in depth with our friend Kandinsky. Thanks for your tolerance and the interesting thread.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

*If* there's any substance to the idea of non-locality of consciousness it could be we're part of an ecosystem and not necessarily as high on the food chain.

Back on topic (apologies to Gortex), one of the Pascagoula guys reported experiencing other strange incidents. Edwin Fuhr did too and others include Sheriff Bob Goode, the Kentucky abductee trio and Betty Hill. It's like the experience itself can haul a person into liminal waters where they're susceptible to further encounters.

It's at this point where people really need to ground themselves to avoid losing their way and becoming too open-minded.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join