It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big heavyweight fight coming up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
December 1st will see a battle of unbeatens when Deontay Wilder (40-0) faces Tyson Fury (27-0).

Wilder seems to be an undisciplined slugger and I think (and hope) Fury dominates him if he's (Fury) focused. Fury beat Vladimir Klitscho and that's far more of an achievement than Wilder has done. Fury seems to be a bit of a flake so who knows how this will go. I hope it's a good fight either way.

Anyone else interested in this? If so, who are you pulling for?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Not into boxing but hope it is a great fight for you.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

This will be interesting for several reasons, but I can't say I like either fighter all that much.

Wilder is an unrefined slugger, Fury is a boring strategist. The fight will be fascinating to watch, if only because of the totally opposing styles and methodologies of each fighter. Where Wilder will be looking to throw straight bombs and bludgeon Fury out of the way, Fury will be looking to slip those punches and pick Wilder off piece by piece, searching for a power shot, but not relying on it. His footwork will be his most valuable asset when facing Wilder, of course.

However, as fascinating as the fight is likely to be from a technical standpoint...

I believe that there is only one way a boxing match should go, only one way it should be permitted to end. Someone has to be asleep at the end, both parties should swing their best shots, and the one who can take the fewest and remain awake by the end should be the winner. That approach always results in spectacle.

There is unlikely to be any particular spectacle here. Regardless of Wilders intentions toward this fight and how he would like it to go, this will not be like the fights he has had before, because Fury is a pure boxer. Fury's methodology will prevent Wilder from making things overly interesting, and as long as Fury can keep his feet working, and read Wilder correctly, he will be able to control the pace of the fight, and keep it tactical, which as impressive as it is from a technical standpoint, will be TEDIOUS in terms of appearance.

I see this thing going very slowly, even if Wilder is trying his hardest to up the pace, and it could even go to the final bell, be a decision rather than a KO or TKO.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

It feels like I have been waiting forever for this fight!!

I'll take Tyson Fury.

I am also looking forward to another good fight on the same night in Quebec.
www.boxingnews24.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Very nice analysis.
I'm torn because I'm an American, but I'm also Irish. I love both fighters equally, for separate reasons.
I love Wilder's tenacity and ferociousness. He is always exciting.
I love Fury's movement and ability to turn his opponents gameplan upside down.
Both are massive men.
Both have great stories and backgrounds.
In most cases, I'll take the boxer over the puncher, especially if the puncher isn't that sound of a technician.
This is not like Ward v Kovalev or GGG v Canelo. In those cases, the punchers are technically far superior to Wilder.

That being said, Wilder does have some acute skills that he has, and uses to get his right hand to his opponent.
For example, he often uses his jab or hook to almost grab his opponent's glove, and force it down away from his chin to make room for the right. What he does isn't always pretty, but it is very effective.

Wilder will win this fight and I'll tell you the main reason why.
Fury catches punches. When Fury stops using his legs for defense, he starts using upper body and head movement.
During this time, he will use his gloves to catch and deflect his opponents punches.
It might not be the first time, or the second time, but eventually, he will learn that you simply can't catch Wilders punches. He is way to powerful and can hurt you through your guard. If your glove is on your head, he is strong enough to hit your glove and do damage to your head.
Tyson's superior defense will actually be his downfall, in my opinion.

Either way, it will be a can't miss fight with a decent undercard. My only disappointment is that Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is getting another, undeserved opportunity to show what a waste of talent he is, and to shame his father's name again.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I'll take the boxer over the puncher, especially if the puncher isn't that sound of a technician.

I'm also torn,this could go either way.

I am picking Fury with a KO in the later rounds...the boxer is going to pick him apart and wait until its time to put him away.
I love his mindset and would love to see his comeback end with a great storybook ending and I think he can do it.

He is also donating his purse money to the homeless...hell of a guy.

"I'm going to give it to the poor and I'm going to build homes for the homeless," Fury said. "I don't really have much use for it, I'm not interested in becoming a millionaire or a billionaire. I'm a boxer not a businessman and I'll probably go down the same route as every other boxer -- skint at the end of it all. Full Bio

www.cbssports.com...

I haven't been this excited for a heavyweight fight in a very long time!!!

I'd love to see Wilder's ego get dragged back to reality.

edit on 29-11-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Wilder is a big puncher but in boxing terms a bum.

Fury is in a totally different class in terms of boxing skills, but I think Fury will lose his unbeaten record tonight.
The reason - he won't knock out Wilder and will therefore have to avoid getting hit with a big right hand for the entire fight. He holds his hands too low for that to happen.

So I am going for a Wilder KO win.
The only chance I think Fury has is if he stays south paw the entire fight - it gives him an extra few inches of space to keep that right hand of Wilders out of reach.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

He is also donating his purse money to the homeless...hell of a guy.

Wow, really?

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I might be crazy but I just purchased the first boxing PPV of my life. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
All the preliminary's are done. Main event coming up.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Ring entrances are just ridiculous these days. Fury's was overdone but Wilder's is total #. Rapper singing. Horn section. Get out of here with that nonsense.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
OMG I jumped up out of my chair in the 12th. What a finish.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
A draw??? That is outrageous. Fury handily won the fight.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
What a joke.
Fury won the fight easily.
The US seems to cheat at literally everything it turns it's hand to. How did the country become such a banana republic?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Great fight overall.
Fury is a class act in the ring.
Wilder is a bum with a punch.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It was a Mexican judge that scored the fight for Wilder.

Anyway, Fury completely schooled Wilder. Masterful performance. But I wasn't sure he was getting up in the 12th.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
a reply to: UKTruth

It was a Mexican judge that scored the fight for Wilder.

Anyway, Fury completely schooled Wilder. Masterful performance. But I wasn't sure he was getting up in the 12th.

Amazed he got up.

Onwards to the next fight, I can only see Fury winning more easily in a rematch.

edit on 2/12/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
How in the fook did he get up after that knock down??
WOW!!

This was not what I was hoping for but good fight anyways!!
Since Fury isn't walking away with the W,this is the best outcome I could ask for.

Now I can't wait for the rematch!!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It was an awesome fight. Tyson Fury was robbed and should have won the fight on points, hopefully we get a rematch in the UK next year.

It's nice to see how graceful Tyson Fury has been in interviews after the fight.
I particularly liked this one, what a powerful message he is sending out...

Is this a new positive Tyson Fury or is he still recovering from being knocked down?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Very entertaining fight and Fury made it so. Don't know how many times I laughed out loud. At the end of the 10th or 11th I think, Tyson was doing that goofy dance flicking his tongue out mocking Wilder was hilarious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join