It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Earth VS Old Earth and a Third point of view - the Creation Truth?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2

originally posted by: Jay-morris

It is frustrating, and annoying that people actually believe this BS! And even if the bible is true, and is the word of God (Obviously is not) I would not be jumping around with pure happiness! I would be gutted, absolutly gutted!

Why? Because I would know that God is a scoipathic, ego driven maniac, who is not bothered about killing millions of innocent people (his children)

But it's all BS anyway, but people will always believe in fairytales, or nightmares!

And I thought you have something to contribute to the conversation.

Just wondering though, based on current calculations, how old do you think the earth is?

Why?

Around 4.54 billion years old. Why? Because science points to that. Or do you think an all powerful being decided to make the earth and all living things.

Please point to the evidence of that? I do not mean belief, I mean evidence!

dude - check the OP.

I did read it. The bible is absolute no sense written not by the word of God, but by primitive human beings, hence the reason it is rediculas!

ok - so let's be clear then, based on current findings, the earth is around 4.5 BYO. We agree on that.

as to this...

Or do you think an all powerful being decided to make the earth and all living things.

Sure. Why not?

And where is the evidence for that? Where is the evidence that a God created everything? That's right, absolutly nothing, apart from belief!

Religon is a powerful thing, and sadly, something that will not go away in my lifetime

The evidence is all around you, the only problem is the way you see them.

BTW - why is there something instead of nothing?

Where is the evidence?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

It is frustrating, and annoying that people actually believe this BS! And even if the bible is true, and is the word of God (Obviously is not) I would not be jumping around with pure happiness! I would be gutted, absolutly gutted!

Why? Because I would know that God is a scoipathic, ego driven maniac, who is not bothered about killing millions of innocent people (his children)

But it's all BS anyway, but people will always believe in fairytales, or nightmares!

Just wondering though, based on current calculations, how old do you think the earth is?

Why?

Around 4.54 billion years old. Why? Because science points to that. Or do you think an all powerful being decided to make the earth and all living things.

dude - check the OP.

I did read it. The bible is absolute no sense written not by the word of God, but by primitive human beings, hence the reason it is rediculas!

ok - so let's be clear then, based on current findings, the earth is around 4.5 BYO. We agree on that.

as to this...

Or do you think an all powerful being decided to make the earth and all living things.

Sure. Why not?

And where is the evidence for that? Where is the evidence that a God created everything? That's right, absolutly nothing, apart from belief!

Religon is a powerful thing, and sadly, something that will not go away in my lifetime

Where is the evidence?

Well, to see the evidence you need to understand the source.

as a starter - attempt to answer this question: why is there something rather than nothing if there was nothing, to begin with?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

No matter where you to, there you are.

How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No matter where you to, there you are.

How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

hahaha, entanglement?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Why?

dude - check the OP.

as to this...

Sure. Why not?

Where is the evidence?

as a starter - attempt to answer this question: why is there something rather than nothing if there was nothing, to begin with?

No one knows the answer to that question, not even you. Bow does that even prove thst a God made all this?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Nope.

Buckaroo Banzai and Firesign Theater.

edit on 12/31/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Nope.

Buckaroo Banzai and Firesign Theater.

man - that's an old one. it's like traveling without moving.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Thinking is the best way to travel.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Why?

dude - check the OP.

as to this...

Sure. Why not?

Where is the evidence?

No one knows the answer to that question, not even you. Bow does that even prove thst a God made all this?

Speak for yourself.

If I don't know then what is existence?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

If I don't know then what is existence?
Everything else.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Why?

dude - check the OP.

as to this...

Sure. Why not?

Maybe it depends who you ask?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Why?

dude - check the OP.

as to this...

Sure. Why not?

Not really. You can ask a child and you will get a simple yet amazing answer. But in the real world, it all depends on your worldview. It all depends on how you shaped your worldview or how your worldview shaped you.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

You can ask a child and you will get a simple yet amazing answer.

Children are not fully human but they are pretty good at badly interpreting what they hear.

"Don't leave me! I have a band to make me shoes!"

My daughter said that.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Why?

dude - check the OP.

as to this...

Sure. Why not?

Not really. You can ask a child and you will get a simple yet amazing answer. But in the real world, it all depends on your worldview. It all depends on how you shaped your worldview or how your worldview shaped you.

So yeah: depends?
Are we all observing with our own self-created filters?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Why?

dude - check the OP.

as to this...

Sure. Why not?

In a way and the consequence is life or death - as in which side of the coin are you in?

The side where all of "these" (our existence) is just a figment of our imaginations or are we a product of an intelligent being?

Hence my question - why is there something instead of nothing?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Why?

dude - check the OP.

as to this...

Sure. Why not?

In a way and the consequence is life or death - as in which side of the coin are you in?

The side where all of "these" (our existence) is just a figment of our imaginations or are we a product of an intelligent being?

It's good to question everything. How did the universe get here? We do not know. How are we here, and how are we aware? We do not know.

But that does not mean A God done it. Msybe all this is at the bottom of a test tube, or maybe we are in a simulation. All just theories because we do not have a clue.

If you want to believe that a God made all this, then that's up to you. I do not believe there is a God. Could I be wrong? Of course I can.

As for the god/gods ftom religons. If one of these turned out to be real, I eould be gutted! Absolutly gutted!

Not because I was wrong, but because I would know that God is a sociopath, power craving, attention seeking being

But of course, to me, religon is 100% made up. Written by people with primitive minds and thoughts, hence the reason why their God sounds primitive.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Why?

dude - check the OP.

as to this...

Sure. Why not?

Have you already decided that there are two sides to this 'coin-like' existence, and that this is something?

If so: am not there with ya.
edit on 1-1-2019 by Nothin because: sp

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Why?

dude - check the OP.

as to this...

Sure. Why not?

Have you already decided that there are two sides to this 'coin-like' existence, and that this is something?

Yes. One side is reality and the other is fantasy.

One side is something the other is nothing.

Hence if our existence is from something then there's a reason for being.

otherwise, we're just an accidental product of blind chance.

We make our own path and give it a meaning.

Question - which one is the reality?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Why?

dude - check the OP.

as to this...

Sure. Why not?

Neither.

It's all fantasy.
All a grand illusion.
A mass delusion.

No coin. No sides. No reason.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Why?

dude - check the OP.

as to this...

Sure. Why not?

Neither.

It's all fantasy.
All a grand illusion.
A mass delusion.

No coin. No sides. No reason.

Very interesting that you have this worldview.

So, other than God showing himself to you, no evidence will suffice?

I wonder how do you define nothing and how can it produce something?

Very puzzling.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join