It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.C. Berkeley Student Senator Told to Resign After Abstaining From Pro-LGBTQ Vote

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It is my belief that people have a right to choose their path in life. It is none of my business who people live with, or how people decide to live. But I also believe others shouldn't feel compelled to FORCE their way, or beliefs on anyone either. But a lot of people, like Annee, believe they have a right to force their views on everyone else.

Unfortunately if this continues those in the left who think like Annee will demand that "people who have different beliefs than hers/the left should be tagged to be recognized as being different." Like the nazis tagged minorities, and political opponents.

We are at a very perilous time in the history of the U.S. Unless the left, those who think like Annee, wise up instead of having more people supporting the LGBTO agenda, there will be less and less people supporting it because people like Annee are turning into what they claim to be fighting. They are turning intolerant towards anyone who has different beliefs than those people who are part of the extreme left.

edit on 21-11-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

please wake up .

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
She should've just voted NO instead of abstaining so she could "explain" herself.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

No longer are we free to respectfully disagree. You either support progressives or they will destroy you.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Good.

We don't need to be going backwards in Equal Rights.

And no ones taking her religion away.

Interesting how equal rights always seems to mean only one side has any rights for you people. She can have her religion, as long as she doesn't follow it.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

She should be applauded for standing up for HER personal values, as opposed to caving under the pressure of ridiculous hypocrites and their undeveloped and chaotic beliefs.

Progressives...can’t live with them, can’t talk sense to them.

The student council represents the students.

Not their personal beliefs.

And the students who share her beliefs should not have representation? It's interesting that people like you only hate when someone stands up for personal beliefs when those beliefs go against the progressive agenda and when they follow the progressive agenda they are applauded for taking a stand.

It's funny how people should only have representation when they are progressives and conservatives and Christians should not have any representation ... but hey no one is taking away their religion .. they just can't talk about it, display it, or have any one represent their beliefs.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, they are all heroes so why not, right?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So you can't respect that she didn't vote because of her own beliefs?

How did she discriminate? She's religious and thinks homosexuality is a sin? I don't agree but she has every right in this country to believe what she wants and I know a lot of Christians who don't support the lifestyles but state everyone's a sinner and still treat homosexuals with respect.

You have a serious progressive vendetta

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
With all of those letters, LGBT.... where is their inclusion for the Heterosexuals.

Where is the inclusion for the other 97% of humanity.

Currently, according to HuffPo, it is LGBTQQIP2SAA.

I think it should be HLGBTQQIP2SAA so we are all included.

Until then, I will hold on to my old values which I probably can't even write down on this conspiracy forum without having my post vanish into electron heaven.

Such has become Western Society.

Crazy Bat Crap. CBC

P

What about ABCDEFHIJKMNOPRSUVWXYZ??? Are they not good enough? Why should they be left out?! LGBTQ are Racist Biggots!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Replace "LGBT" with "black", and BAM! We're back in the 50's. #MAGA

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This has been coming for quite some time.

You can't just accept an LGBTQ lifestyle.

You now have to endorse it.

When the lifestyle is as accepted as Monday, look for those who wish to have their special status back.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Such as shame.

Just think less than 5 years ago this person's SJW grievance score was pretty high considering she is a female and a minority. This would have shielded her from backlash on unpopular opinions such as this.

In today's progressive utopia her minority and female SJW grievance status has been Trumped by the LGBTQ+ONBPOCNPC SJW grievance status. Such a wonderful and progressive breath of fresh air! Change.

Thanks Obama!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

She's representing the students.

Not her personal beliefs.

She's representing the people who voted for her to represent them. Typically that'd be because those people agree with her personal beliefs.

Religion has no business in politics.

Period!

Your lifestyle has no business in my life.

Period!

You can't force me to think like you. Trying to do so would not be taken kindly.

The left at this point are becoming fascists trying to force people into their ideology. The last ones to do that guess who it was?
The brownshirt nazi's. They silenced anyone who had an opinion. And now berkley is doing the same.

What part of you cannot force anyone to believe YOU do you not understand?

PS: mental rape should also be considered a crime. The left are mental rapists.
edit on nd2018000000Thursdaynd000000Thu, 22 Nov 2018 03:16:22 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoThu, 22 Nov 2018 03:16:22 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Good.

We don't need to be going backwards in Equal Rights.

And no ones taking her religion away.

Good?
Please explain because in your next sentence you claim we are supposed to be heading toward "Equal Rights"

How can it be equal rights when she is persecuted for her beliefs? She did not persecute anyone, she did not tell anyone that they could not be whoever they wanted to be or pretended to be or dreamed of being. All she did was abstain from voting because of her own beliefs. How can you honestly believe that it is ok for others to force their beliefs upon her but she is not allowed to not vote either way because of her own beliefs? Please, PLEASE explain to my tiny brain just how that is equal??

And you are right, nobody is taking her religion away. They are only saying that she is not allowed to have those beliefs and also be a student leader. Is that equality to you? I just cannot understand your position. There seems to be very little logic.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

So I can decide I'm black tomorrow? Cool.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Replace "LGBT" with "black", and BAM! We're back in the 50's. #MAGA

Really?

I can't recall in recent memory someone discriminated against for their sexuality. Especially the Trump administration. The only president to support gay marrage since day one. But don't let that stop your perpetual outrage.

Now lets look at the discrimination that you and others display daily towards a particular political ideology. Institutional racism towards any other minority group would be frowned upon. But seeing as it's white Trump supporters it's completely acceptable according to the ever-changing rules of your political ideology.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join