It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wanted to Order Justice Dept. to Prosecute Comey and Clinton

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

The Justice Department on Saturday released a previously classified application to wiretap former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page, who was under suspicion by the FBI of being engaged in “clandestine intelligence activities” on behalf of Russia. The government included redacted copies of the initial warrant application from October 2016 and three 90-day extensions of the warrant that were approved by judges under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

Source

You are just making shot up again.

I back my stances.

Yeah every single post I make is backed up by multiple sources, please explain how that is spin?

So we can add liar?
edit on 20-11-2018 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2018 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Oh boy...

That's not what he said. At all.

I would like you to point out when this order was given. Because even the NY Times says this:
Thanks Willtell, you're a doll.

The lawyers laid out a series of consequences. For starters, Justice Department lawyers could refuse to follow Mr. Trump’s orders even before an investigation began, setting off another political firestorm. If charges were brought, judges could dismiss them. And Congress, they added, could investigate the president’s role in a prosecution and begin impeachment proceedings.

All the article ever said is that Trump WANTED to do something and that advice was given. Seeing that no evidence that such an order was ever given exists, would you care to shut it now?

edit on 20 11 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

Yeah every single post I make is backed up by multiple sources, please explain how that is spin?

Garbage in, garbage out, dude. It's like a law of nature.

edit on 20-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Seems like POTUS ran this desire to his legal advisors.. and they said it wasn't a good idea...

What's the big deal?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: rollanotherone
Should get even better with BJ now interjecting.

All spin. All the time. Epic projection. Epic TDS. Shameless. A sign of the times even. You know, the official narrative.

In your world do facts=spin and what Daddy Trump says=The gospel truth?

Oh man. Charlie Day in real life.

"I no speak too good"
"Dennis is a$$hole. Why Charlie hate?"

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Madness yes, but do you know why it didn’t happen? Because his own lawyers talked him down explaining to him that this act would possibly result in his impeachment.

And yet again someone who doesn’t even read the thread. One more time, Trump doesn’t have a background in government or constitutional law so he has an idea about something that he may like to do. Being a reasonable leader he asks his White House lawyers if they think that he can do it within the bounds of established law and the constitution. They say no. He listens to their advice and the idea goes no further.

THAT is what you are complaining about???

Sorry that doesn’t fly. Trump has made consistent claims that he is smarter than everyone in Washington. Plus, he has been there long enough o understand that it is against the law to direct an investigation against your political enemies without a foundation of evidence. He told the Justice Department to investigate people for no reason other than he didn’t like them. Trump lived through Watergate, he knows good and well that a President can’t just investigate political enemies. Come on this was one of the main reasons that led to the downfall of Nixon.

You can’t claim the man be the smartest guy in Washington one day and the next day he didn’t know better. Give me a break. Just like Ivanka didn’t know any better about her emails either.

Sorry, nevertheless he asked for their advice and he took it. Sounds pretty smart to me.
edit on 20-11-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It's his style. When cornered in an argument they can't backup, it's their only play. Reminds me of someone else...

Nah, if you act like an adult I will treat you like an adult. I have no time or desire to coddle people who blindly defend a man like Trump who has no regard for the Constitution or the law or refuse to listen to logic and reason. If you find that I have insulted you, you should probably review your critical thinking skills. Or not, I don’t care.

Because it couldn’t possibly be your critical thinking skills! Got it!

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Bwaaaahahahaha

according to two people familiar with the conversation.

NYTimes BS article

Yokals and Yakals

Comey July 5 2016 😆
😆

Look man, I’m sorry but your opinions on what news sources to trust are proven to be atrocious. Your post history includes multiple links to proven fake news sites and just 2 weeks ago you linked to a two year old story.

Let me set this straight for you since you seem to think that anonymous sources indicates that the content must be a lie. Anonymous sources have been a part of journalism since the beginning. When journalists use anonymous sources they can’t do so without approval from a senior editor that must also know the identity of the source. That source is vetted to make sure that they are in a position to know the information they are relating to the journalist. It is against the law for a Newspaper to knowingly publish fake information so they are very diligent with what they allow into their articles.

Also, do you know who else used to complain about anonymous sources? This same guy claimed that the investigation he was under was a witch hunt. That guy was Richard Nixon. Plus, after it was over everything those anonymous sources said turned out to be true.

So on one side you have the news media reporting so pretty damning things about Trump. On the other you have a proven habitual liar saying that the media is just lying about him. But you continue to believe Trump.

link

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

It's his style. When cornered in an argument they can't backup, it's their only play. Reminds me of someone else...

Nah, if you act like an adult I will treat you like an adult. I have no time or desire to coddle people who blindly defend a man like Trump who has no regard for the Constitution or the law or refuse to listen to logic and reason. If you find that I have insulted you, you should probably review your critical thinking skills. Or not, I don’t care.

If you can prove me to be mistaken I will readily admit that I was wrong. Check my post history if you font believe it. I’m not perfect, don’t claim to be.

The people I am referring to in that post are the ones who are dogmatic.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: The GUT

Yeah, the DOJ has been looking at the Clinton Foundation since January and not leak one has been found in the wild.

Wonder if Huber was part of that?

Good thread that. These cats--to include Huber--are up to something. And from just what's in the public eye evidence-wise we know it's slam dunk indictments against Hillary, Bill, and the Clinton Foundation should anyone care to make that case.

I'm an equal-opportunity citizen hoping for justice. The only difference I see in the Bush Crime Family and the Clinton Crime Family is that the Bush family was slicker.

Trump is definitely clean compared to these globalist clowns who raped us at home and have terrorized the damn world at large.

I just want to add to this:

We sit and watch while the world burns without understanding that it burns because those who had power for the last 7 decades are losing it all. These people are not greedy, but rather are products of gluttony. A greedy person will give up a little intact in order to regain it and more later, while a gluttonous person will destroy what they have in order to prevent anyone else from having it. The New World Order everyone feared is coming to an end, and these people know it. They fear what price they will pay, they would rather burn all the world in order to run from their crimes then face the truth.

The truth is that their time is ending.

Since the 1947 National Security Act was signed, and the Formation of the United Nations was conducted, these people have gained power and control of this worlds people through fear, controlled education, and outright manipulation of the worlds populace. With the advent of the information age, information flows like water. This water of information has been quietly flooding the avenues where the people live, work, are schooled. Those in control will try to contain the waters by blocking them, throwing up barriers to shove it away from the people, and finally will try and to use a machine to force the waters will to where they want it to go. Water doesn't work that way. If you put up a barrier to block it, the water will become stronger. If you try and force the water away, it will make it's own way to its destination. If you try and compress the water and force it away, it will destroy the machine.

The people who have gained all of this power by raping the people of their power are sitting there shaking as they watching their last attempts of controlling this water, of information from showing the people what they have done, get broken. The people have begun to take their drinks of this water of information, and they are shouting for more. They are yelling in the streets to bring forth the floods. This scares those who have gained power from the National Security Act, and all they can do is burn the cities hoping that the flood goes away.

Stupid people are dying, and they are only now understanding that with them their dreams die too. The Imperial Globalists are failing, and are now having to face this truth of justice.

edit on 20-11-2018 by Guyfriday because: Sorry ofr the long winded statment, but (A) I'm writing a novel (B) It needs to be said (C) I sometimes don't care what others think.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

The Justice Department on Saturday released a previously classified application to wiretap former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page, who was under suspicion by the FBI of being engaged in “clandestine intelligence activities” on behalf of Russia. The government included redacted copies of the initial warrant application from October 2016 and three 90-day extensions of the warrant that were approved by judges under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

Source

You are just making shot up again.

I back my stances.

So we can add liar?

Oh wow, you’re cute. Talk about taking a quote out of context. Here are the paragraphs just before and just after the one you quoted.

Loath to admit when he is wrong, Trump has spent the past 16 months determined to prove that he was at least partially correct about being under surveillance by the Obama administration. The president has repeatedly asserted that he’s been vindicated when he has not, and it’s become a central part of the White House’s strategy to undermine the credibility of special counsel Bob Mueller’s investigation. Trump is trying it again this morning.

Trump surely knows that very few people will take the time to study a 412-page tranche of heavily redacted FISA warrants released on a summer Saturday in response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit. It’s hard to imagine that the president himself pored over the files, as opposed to watching the “Fox & Friends” coverage of them.

Yep Obama did exactly what Trump said they did.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

If you can prove me to be mistaken I will readily admit that I was wrong. Check my post history if you font believe it. I’m not perfect, don’t claim to be.

Your very premise of this thread as posted by you is not true. You stated

He told the Justice Department to investigate people for no reason other than he didn’t like them.

It is not true that Trump told the Justice Department to investigate anyone. What he did do is ask White House lawyers for their advise on the matter. Huge difference. So unless you can provide a reliable source to backup your claim you have made a very basic mistake here.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

The relevant part was quoted. I don't care about the fluff and spin. Seems it matters to others.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
He did want to start an investigation into Comey and Hillary, but immediately changed his mind when advised against it by his legal team. Now if he had did it anyway, I would be a little concerned that this whole BS might be real but he did not. Hillary was a screwup who would not follow any rules, if she was in Trump's place she would immediately toss an investigation at Trump. The Liberals threw a witchhunt investigation at this administration, they couldn't find what they were supposed to look for so widened the field to try to show wrongdoings anywhere they could. The investigation ongoing on Trump is supposed to be about Russia Collusion yet they couldn't find out anything there so are making up new crap to look for.

We got to watch this, this investigation that Comey started can set precidence that disallows any investigation into our government heirachy since it is gone so far astray. This is what I feel is the overall plan set in motion by both sides, giving us less ability to get rid of the bad eggs in congress and the white house. I feel that Trump will win and then a law will be passed that any investigation without a strong and approved basis cannot be brought against the upper people in our government, and the people will innitially accept this as good only to find later it is going to bite us in the ass.

They have some very intelligent think tanks in this country steering our society. The government can make this look real, the CEOs of the networks may also be in on this, but I doubt if any of the reporters or staff would be.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Oh boy...

That's not what he said. At all.

I would like you to point out when this order was given. Because even the NY Times says this:
Thanks Willtell, you're a doll.

The lawyers laid out a series of consequences. For starters, Justice Department lawyers could refuse to follow Mr. Trump’s orders even before an investigation began, setting off another political firestorm. If charges were brought, judges could dismiss them. And Congress, they added, could investigate the president’s role in a prosecution and begin impeachment proceedings.

All the article ever said is that Trump WANTED to do something and that advice was given. Seeing that no evidence that such an order was ever given exists, would you care to shut it now?

He asked Don Mcghann to do it multiple times. If it was just hey I want to do this and then they told him no, why would he persist in his requests to make it happen?

President Donald Trump on multiple occasions raised with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Matt Whitaker, who was then-chief of staff to Jeff Sessions, whether the Justice Department was progressing in investigating Hillary Clinton, according to a source familiar with the matter.

The President also wanted his previous White House counsel, Don McGahn, to ask the Justice Department to prosecute Clinton on numerous occasions, but McGahn rebuffed doing that, the source said.

link

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

So what? Was an order given? No?

Enough.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Your very premise of this thread as posted by you is not true. You stated

He told the Justice Department to investigate people for no reason other than he didn’t like them.

It is not true that Trump told the Justice Department to investigate anyone. What he did do is ask White House lawyers for their advise on the matter. Huge difference. So unless you can provide a reliable source to backup your claim you have made a very basic mistake here.

Sigh.....

President Donald Trump on multiple occasions raised with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Matt Whitaker, who was then-chief of staff to Jeff Sessions, whether the Justice Department was progressing in investigating Hillary Clinton, according to a source familiar with the matter.

The President also wanted his previous White House counsel, Don McGahn, to ask the Justice Department to prosecute Clinton on numerous occasions, but McGahn rebuffed doing that, the source said.

link

At this point maybe you should provide me with your sources stating he only asked if it was ok to open these investigations. Because it really seems like you are seeing something that isn’t there. No article I have read on this matter says he was just looking to see if it was ok. By all reports Trump wanted this done and kept trying to make it happen even after he was rebuffed.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Your link is broken

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

So what? Was an order given? No?

Enough.

It’s ok, we will see if that defense holds up when Trump is on trial. Because at this point there is no way that it won’t end up there one way or the other.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join