It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wanted to Order Justice Dept. to Prosecute Comey and Clinton

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

It’s really difficult trying to show a blind person a clear fact when they just can’t see.

Tell me about it, weve been trying to tell you since the first page that Trump didnt follow through with anything so there was no crime or impeachable offense undertaken.

But you refuse to concede to that fact.....

Like trying to show Stevie wonder a beautiful woman.

At this point Stevie Wonders eyes seem to be opened more than yours Will, come on back to the land of sight good buddy.

The Trump cultists (if the shoe fits wear it) refuse to take the blinders off their eyes even for a second.

As do those who detest him so much that they make up things for him to be guilty of and call for his head....

God doesn’t like that

Then stop......

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
It’s really difficult trying to show a blind person a clear fact when they just can’t see.

Their brain is just unable to fathom clarity.

Talk about bias...

Sure I admit I SEE the depravity in Trump and I call it out

And I called the depravity in Obama and Hillary out.

The Trump cultists (if the shoe fits wear it) refuse to take the blinders off their eyes even for a second.

God doesn’t like that

I'm sorry but you systemically avoided facts, interpret your opinions as the truth, provide no evidence empirical or circumstantial to prove your opinion true, whilst you've been provided empirical evidence to the contrary.

You haven't shown a blind person anything. I have no stake in this argument -- call me a third party, but you've systemically been proven wrong. You've called people names first, you've lied about your authorship, and you've proven you don't even understand your own premise.

Seems the person who's as blind as Stevie Wonder looks back at you from the mirror.

If you'd like to try again, just lay it out. What is your argument? What evidence supports it? How does it contradict your opposition?
edit on 20-11-2018 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Yeah, crazy.
Wanting the "justice dept" to prosecute people for committing crimes.

Madness!

Madness yes, but do you know why it didn’t happen? Because his own lawyers talked him down explaining to him that this act would possibly result in his impeachment.

Madness

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Bottom line, should people who have committed crimes be punished?

If the answer is anything but "Yes" then you are an ignorant retard.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

As far as the New York Times and other news sites, read the first 2 paragraphs to here the times slant an then jump to the last 2-3 paragraphs to get the truth of a matter.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Tell me about it, weve been trying to tell you since the first page that Trump didnt follow through with anything so there was no crime or impeachable offense undertaken.

But you refuse to concede to that fact.....

At this point Stevie Wonders eyes seem to be opened more than yours Will, come on back to the land of sight good buddy.

As do those who detest him so much that they make up things for him to be guilty of and call for his head....

God doesn’t like that

Then stop......

It is obviously a good thing that this didn’t go through for the country and for Trump. But he ORDERED this done which is an attempted abuse of power. He said make this happen and his lawyers had to convince him to not do it. Just the fact that he ordered it shows that he has criminal intent.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: watchitburn

Yeah, crazy.
Wanting the "justice dept" to prosecute people for committing crimes.

Madness!

Madness yes, but do you know why it didn’t happen? Because his own lawyers talked him down explaining to him that this act would possibly result in his impeachment.

Madness

That's what we've been trying to explain to no avail.... Maybe coming from you he will absorb it. I dunno....

For some ats people it's like when a parent tells you something when you're a kid and you blow it off but if your friends tell you, then you consider it....

Or I'm completely off base

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

We'll see if anyone picks up the ball. Not that I have much faith in them but the FBI does apparently have an operation in Little Rock. Been pretty quiet but who knows.

edit on 20-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

President Trump said something you don’t like. Tell us something we don’t know.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

And yet again someone who doesn’t even read the thread. One more time, Trump doesn’t have a background in government or constitutional law so he has an idea about something that he may like to do. Being a reasonable leader he asks his White House lawyers if they think that he can do it within the bounds of established law and the constitution. They say no. He listens to their advice and the idea goes no further.

THAT is what you are complaining about???
edit on 20-11-2018 by whywhynot because: I did not read your post carefully enough. I apologize for the snarky reply

edit on 20-11-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

link

Trump doesn’t understand how a democracy suppose to work. Like a banana republic, he thinks the DOJ is suppose to go about prosecuting his political enemies at his whim.

WASHINGTON — President Trump told the White House counsel in the spring that he wanted to order the Justice Department to prosecute two of his political adversaries: his 2016 challenger, Hillary Clinton, and the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey, according to two people familiar with the conversation.

The lawyer, Donald F. McGahn II, rebuffed the president, saying that he had no authority to order a prosecution. Mr. McGahn said that while he could request an investigation, that too could prompt accusations of abuse of power. To underscore his point, Mr. McGahn had White House lawyers write a memo for Mr. Trump warning that if he asked law enforcement to investigate his rivals, he could face a range of consequences, including possible impeachment.

Trump is really an unqualified dunce of incredible proportions.

It would be funny if it wasn’t so dangerous having such a foolish, sinister, and clueless person as president.

This is another potential impeachment act that even Trump's White House lawyer warned him that he cant order the DOJ to prosecute anyone, nor investigate anyone.

You are just SO precious...

Remind me to make a note. "Orange man BAD"!

"RREEeeeeeeeeee!"
edit on 20-11-2018 by MteWamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

It is obviously a good thing that this didn’t go through for the country and for Trump. But he ORDERED this done which is an attempted abuse of power. He said make this happen and his lawyers had to convince him to not do it. Just the fact that he ordered it shows that he has criminal intent.

We dont know that as fact that he has a criminal mindset.......

We know that he asked for it to be done and they said it would be a bad deal and was possibly impeachable.....

That could mean just as easily that hes completely ignorant that he shouldnt do it....hes shown hes ignorant in plenty of other areas , and I wouldnt consider that criminal......I would consider that a new president who really doesnt know what he can and cant do until hes been informed.

And in this case once he was informed he didnt do it......
edit on 11/20/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Yeah, the DOJ has been looking at the Clinton Foundation since January and not leak one has been found in the wild.

Wonder if Huber was part of that?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
So trump took his lawyers advice and didn't pursue his idea...
Wow, what a bastard...

Worse, he’s only trying to fulfill a campaign promise. That fact he wants to do it, is trying to do it, and legally, is impressive.

Fact-check

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

Trumps WH lawyers said it was potentially impeachable.
www.nytimes.com...

The lawyers laid out a series of consequences. For starters, Justice Department lawyers could refuse to follow Mr. Trump’s orders even before an investigation began, setting off another political firestorm. If charges were brought, judges could dismiss them. And Congress, they added, could investigate the president’s role in a prosecution and begin impeachment proceedings.

I'm betting you STILL won't see why the premise of your thread is wrong.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Can someone call the fire department in silly and will counties???

Significant and uncontrollable ”burns” are currently taking place.

F#cking Ouch!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

And yet again someone who doesn’t even read the thread. One more time, Trump doesn’t have a background in government or constitutional law so he has an idea about something that he may like to do. Being a reasonable leader he asks his White House lawyers if they think that he can do it within the bounds of established law and the constitution. They say no. He listens to their advice and the idea goes no further.

THAT is what you are complaining about???

Sorry that doesn’t fly. Trump has made consistent claims that he is smarter than everyone in Washington. Plus, he has been there long enough o understand that it is against the law to direct an investigation against your political enemies without a foundation of evidence. He told the Justice Department to investigate people for no reason other than he didn’t like them. Trump lived through Watergate, he knows good and well that a President can’t just investigate political enemies. Come on this was one of the main reasons that led to the downfall of Nixon.

You can’t claim the man be the smartest guy in Washington one day and the next day he didn’t know better. Give me a break. Just like Ivanka didn’t know any better about her emails either.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

originally posted by: Bluntone22
So trump took his lawyers advice and didn't pursue his idea...
Wow, what a bastard...

Worse, he’s only trying to fulfill a campaign promise. That fact he wants to do it, is trying to do it, and legally, is impressive.

Fact-check

Wow... you’re dumber than I thought. You truly think this was legal?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

First off the department of justice falls under the executive branch and as such the president can tell them what to do with in the confines of the law.
Hillary was let slide by a corrupt attorney General who had a secret meeting in Arizona on a plane for 4 hours with bill Clinton supposedly discussing their grandkids what they never heard of Facebook at same time Hillary was under investigation and all hillary,s cronies were given immunity deals.

Comey on the other hand broke the law when he leaked classified information from the Whitehouse to a friend so it would get sent to media and trigger the appointment of mueller. I don't care what the laws are in dc when it comes to private conversations and recordings ,when you in a federal building in an area where classified information is located and you are told information inside is of a classified nature then you have no right to record or desiminate any thing you see or hear.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Given the statement, it would appear that he was attempting to go via legal channels.

Hard to understand, I know bud.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join