It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Trump News, Not Trump, damages Press Freedoms Abroad

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Trump is the greatest thing to ever happen to divide and conquer

I bet the real controllers are in a free for all because all anybody talks about I trump

The real elite can do whatever they want while you guys parrot the same # over and over and over and over again

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The OP is long but it is correct. Our press twisting the truth is hurting press organizations world wide as governments get more stringent on making sure it does not happen there and their citizens, who can easily see the twisting of the press here will not allow their press agencies to do what they are doing here. This is a great global plan to keep governments at the top by keeping the press from reporting anything but facts deemed allowed as real by the governments and social heirchy.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Trump made it very clear in his last interview that he considers any “unfair” news about him to be fake. How is this “fairness” judged you may ask, well that is determined by Trump of course. Also, he made it clear that the MSM is what he considers to be fake news with maybe the exception of Chris Wallace and Fox News.

Basically, we have a president who believes any news that he believes to be unfair is fake news. And to make things worse his own supporters defend that stance.

TRUMP: I’m totally in favor of the media, I’m totally in favor of free press, got to be fair press. When it’s fake --

WALLACE: But but the President [doesn’t] get to decide what’s fair and what’s not.

TRUMP: I can tell what’s fair and not and so can my people and so can a lot of other people.

WALLACE: I understand that but but --

TRUMP: When you do something very good and they write it badly and this is consistently when you – as an example, rarely do they talk about --

WALLACE: Barack Obama whined about Fox News all the time but he never said we were the enemy of the people.

TRUMP: Well, no, he didn’t talk about the news, he didn’t talk about anything, I’m only saying it very differently than anyone’s ever said it before, I’m saying fake news, false reporting, dishonest reporting, of which there is a lot, and I know it. See, I know it because I’m a subject of it. A lot of people don’t know it. But when I explain it to them, they understand it.

And, Chris, you know that better, you don’t have to sit here and act like a perfect little, wonderful, innocent angel, I know you too well, I knew your father too well, that’s not your gene. But let me tell you --

WALLACE: I – look – I think –

TRUMP: Fake news --

WALLACE: I think some of the coverage of you, sir – and I’ve said it on the record – is bias, but I don’t think that there is –

TRUMP: Most of it is bias, most of it is bias.

WALLACE: I don’t know, but the idea that you call us the enemy of the people.

TRUMP: I’m not calling you that.

WALLACE: I’m talking about, we’re all together.

TRUMP: I’m not calling you – you don’t understand it.

WALLACE: We’re all together.

TRUMP: No, no, no, I’m not calling you --

WALLACE: It doesn’t matter whether you call, but when you call CNN and the New York Times and – we, we’re in solidarity, sir.

TRUMP: I am calling fake news, fake reporting, is what’s tearing this country apart because people know, people like things that are happening and they’re not hearing about it.

[url=https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/11/18/president_trump_on_divided_congress_mueller_foreign_policy_fake_news_more.html]Transcript[/url ]

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

That’s interesting because fairness is a central principle of journalism.

PREAMBLE
Members of the Society of Professional Journalists believe that public enlightenment is the forerunner of justice and the foundation of democracy. Ethical journalism strives to ensure the free exchange of information that is accurate, fair and thorough.

Ethical journalism should be accurate and fair. Journalists should be honest and courageous in gathering, reporting and interpreting information.

Society of Professional Journalists Code of Ethics

Much of popular journalism today comes with a political or ideological slant: it aims to win people to a point of view, not necessarily to an understanding of the facts. CNN does not try to appeal to a specific point of view or political constituency. To the contrary, the reporters, producers, editors and writers at CNN aim for comprehensive journalism. In their news coverage, they strive to present the whole story, fairly and completely, so that readers and viewers may come to their own conclusions. And in their presentation of opinion and analysis, they strive to represent a range of viewpoints.

Warner Media Group Journalistic Integrity

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

The man does not care about the freedom of the press.

He cannot even react to the death of a journalist at the hands of one of his allies correctly, so his attitude toward the free press cannot be upheld as satisfactory in the least.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Holy fcking wall of Bollocks!

Trump has explicitly defended the free press while criticizing the fake news media

What's his "oh-so-free-press" then, Briebeard or Fox-News?

People who tell the truth.

Trump: Fake news is the enemy of the people
CNN and liberal media: Trump says the press is the enemy of the people.

THAT is what damages journalists. They lie, then they lie, then they lie some more. They do not report news, they look for things to twist to promote an agenda. I don't even like Trump as a person and think he is exactly the kind of person who will lie non stop and when I looked into the 'lies' I was shocked that nearly every single lie was actually the media lying about what Trump said.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I have never heard of Trump going after Alex Jones not even when they doctored the tape. What he labels fake news is news that is negative about him.

There is a lot actual fake news out there, but tRump doesn't give a damn about that.

You mean the 'doctored' tape that was near identical to the original? I think the original actually looks worse. If you look at the original the movement is much faster and looks much worse.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What you think is meaningless. It's a fact Trump is far less hostile to the press than Obama. Trump is not hostile to the media, unless they are purveyors of fake news.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

So you are saying the news should NOT be fair and unbiased? Disgusting.

TRUMP: I am calling fake news, fake reporting, is what’s tearing this country apart because people know, people like things that are happening and they’re not hearing about it.

edit on 21-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Fake News; The inability to tell the truth, creating chaos in place of peace, separation in place of unity and control in place of truth.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That is NOT a fact.

It is an invention. A fabrication.

If the president or his supporters gave a God damn about truth, about accurate reporting, then they would not consider Breitbart, or Fox News allies. They don't care about those things in the slightest, Trump does not care about those things in the slightest. What he cares about, is whether he LOOKS GOOD in the news. If he LIKES the news put out by a group, that's fine, but if he doesn't, whether its true or not, he will call it fake news. And then, some jumped up halfwit, lacking the critical reasoning skills to avoid it, will parrot his lie, like a good little drone.

And its doubly hilarious to hear Trump supporters speak ill of "fake news", when the President they worship has uttered more completely and utterly inaccurate, flawed, erroneous statements, and deliberately lied to the nation so blatantly, so often, about so many different things, that keeping track of the nonsense is near impossible, and the tally of lies higher in percentile terms than for any prior President in modern times, including Nixon, who was a crook, and a damned crook at that!

It may not matter what I think, and I would be the first to recognise that. Luckily, this is nothing to do with what I think. This is about fact and fiction, and your President is the prime source of fiction in your country at the moment.

edit on 21-11-2018 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

That is NOT a fact.

Yawn.

You are a partisan clueless hack.

Obama, whose administration prosecuted and spied on reporters
www.washingtonexaminer.com... ooms

Obama used the Espionage Act to put a record number of reporters' sources in jail
freedom.press...

Before Trump, Obama was an 'enemy of press freedom'
www.sandiegouniontribune.com...

If Donald Trump Targets Journalists, Thank Obama
www.nytimes.com...

Trump Wages War on the Press, but Was Obama Much Better to Reporters?
variety.com...

This is about fact and fiction, and your President is the prime source of fiction in your country at the moment.

I will leave the fiction to the press.

Trump: Fake news is the enemy of the people.
Fake News: Trump claims the press is the enemy of the people.
edit on 21-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   

That is NOT a fact.

If the president or his supporters gave a God damn about truth, about accurate reporting, then they would not consider Breitbart, or Fox News allies. They don't care about those things in the slightest, Trump does not care about those things in the slightest. What he cares about, is whether he LOOKS GOOD in the news. If he LIKES the news put out by a group, that's fine, but if he doesn't, whether its true or not, he will call it fake news. And then, some jumped up halfwit, lacking the critical reasoning skills to avoid it, will parrot his lie, like a good little drone.

And its doubly hilarious to hear Trump supporters speak ill of "fake news", when the President they worship has uttered more completely and utterly inaccurate, flawed, erroneous statements, and deliberately lied to the nation so blatantly, so often, about so many different things, that keeping track of the nonsense is near impossible, and the tally of lies higher in percentile terms than for any prior President in modern times, including Nixon, who was a crook, and a damned crook at that!

It may not matter what I think, and I would be the first to recognise that. Luckily, this is nothing to do with what I think. This is about fact and fiction, and your President is the prime source of fiction in your country at the moment.
You don't know what you're talking, sit down.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

That is NOT a fact.

Yawn.

You are a partisan clueless hack.

Obama, whose administration prosecuted and spied on reporters
www.washingtonexaminer.com... ooms

Obama used the Espionage Act to put a record number of reporters' sources in jail
freedom.press...

Before Trump, Obama was an 'enemy of press freedom'
www.sandiegouniontribune.com...

If Donald Trump Targets Journalists, Thank Obama
www.nytimes.com...

Trump Wages War on the Press, but Was Obama Much Better to Reporters?
variety.com...

This is about fact and fiction, and your President is the prime source of fiction in your country at the moment.

I will leave the fiction to the press.

Trump: Fake news is the enemy of the people.
Fake News: Trump claims the press is the enemy of the people.
Thanks for this, the ignorance across the pond is horrible

They should focus on vanishing English values before Sharia law kicks in for them.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: PublicOpinion

It's all I need.

I mean, it's not like you have a great position bud.

Talk is cheap. Show me what Glenn and Jeremy did wrong, bud!

originally posted by: toysforadults
Trump is the greatest thing to ever happen to divide and conquer

I bet the real controllers are in a free for all because all anybody talks about I trump

The real elite can do whatever they want while you guys parrot the same # over and over and over and over again

And you think said elite isn't happy about this demonisation of the press?

This isn't about Trump, it's about the Brave New Oligarchy going after their opposition. A President telling us what's fake and what's not without any evidence whatsoever? That's like WMD's in Iraq, or fake stories about babies pulled out of their incubator.
Preparations for war from another enemy of the people.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I would, but I don't take orders from other human beings, because they are too flawed to be trusted.

ESPECIALLY when their flaws include believing that a billionaire who got where he is today by being a disreputable, thieving, shifty, tax dodging scumbag, could ever correct a government whose main problem is that its members are too flush with dirty money.

Oh, and just one more thing. You might consider being less lazy in your communication, if you want to be instructive. Its "You don't know what you're talking about. Sit down".

It won't make a blind bit of difference as to whether I take your instruction. I won't. But at least you won't appear to be too incensed to actually type correctly, if you make sure your i's get dotted and your t's get crossed.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Trump isn't demonizing the press, they are doing it to themselves with non stop fake news biased reporting.

The posted interview here showing Trump is against the press the MSM interviewer admits to the anti Trump bias.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

And not a peep about my numerous sources about Obama's vicious treatment of the free press for reporting truth. But Trump is bad because he calls out fake biased reporting.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

But he isn't calling out fake, biased reporting.

If he was, he would be calling out Breitbart, Fox, that awful, prejudiced harpy Jeanine Pirro, Sean Hannity, and the like as well. He isn't. He is only calling out journalistic entities which have revealed truths he finds inconvenient, and there is a massive difference between these two things. He calls out news that he does not like, and paints him in a bad light, but that is not the same as calling out fake news. The mans history, current activities, and behaviour are what paint him in a poor light, but rather than correct those things, or own them in the slightest, he just throws a tantrum like an impudent child, embarrassing everyone in the room.

If Mr Trump did not want to deal with questions about his tax situation, his connections with foreign owned personal debt, his methods of keeping his moral decrepitude hidden, then he should have thought about either engaging in less decidedly dodgy behaviours over the years, or perhaps not running for President in the first place. He should have picked EITHER money, OR power, and not tried to gain both.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Your argument is null and void. If trump wanted to attack the "fake news media", he would also criticize FOX news.

The fact that Trump constantly praises FOX news while condemning ANY media that is against him shows that he is only for media that puts himself in a positive light.

I don't understand how you trump defenders are so blind to this???? If Trump is going to condemn phony mainstream news then he can't be bias towards only democratic/liberal news.

The point is that Trump has no interest in criticizing mainstream propaganda. He just wants all the mainstream to love him like FOX does.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join