It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alone Or Sad On Thanksgiving?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Yeah, I'm sad for pretty much the same reason TEOT.

I really wish I could show my dad all the stuff I've been doing. Recently been heavily reworking a 7 string fanned fret he would've found neat.

Got lots of other wonderful family, for which I am incredibly thankful, but the absence is felt immensely.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Lovely sentiments Night !

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in Australia,
however I would like to wish everyone a very happy day spent with family and good friends !

I am glad I am not a turkey ... 🦃🦃🦃

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
What a nice and thoughtful post Night Star....

Wishing everybody a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving...

Its funny I'll be alone for the 2nd Thanksgiving in a row, but its really by choice, lost my Dad a couple of years ago, and Ive been taking care of Mom since before he passed. Thanksgiving is really the one day she has plenty of family around and I dont feel guilty not being there for her. My two daughters are out of town, but I usually just see them a few hours as they do Thanksgiving with the ex and Christmas with me. So I get to breathe a little, lol I do have my turkey breast, mashed potatoes, green beans and dressing/stuffing and plenty of football games to watch. Life is good and hope everybody enjoys theirs too.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

Thank you so much for your kind words Hun! Whatever you are dealing with, I wish you the courage and strength to see your way through. Hugs!

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

It is sad when families are scattered and it is costly to visit them. I miss one of my Brothers who lives far away. I have also lost many loved ones so I can relate to you and others. I am so sorry your Sister lost her Husband.

I hope you can speak on the phone or Skype and spend a little time together that way. You also have this thread where you won't feel so all alone.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Awww, so sweet of you to share this. I stole your pic by the way. LOL Hope you don't mind, but it is so awesome, I couldn't help myself.
Hugs!

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I'm so sorry you lost your Dad too. Things are never quite the same when you lose one or both Parents. I feel the loss of my Parents especially around the holidays. There are so many things I miss about them, but we all have precious memories we can hold on to.

We can all hang out in here for the day and share each other's company. I will only be gone for lunch and then home the rest of the day.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Awww, so sweet of you to stop in Dave! Much appreciated!

Perhaps you could join us on Thursday. We'll have a feast in here and drinks and goodies.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

You can pop in again on Thursday or whenever. Glad that you will be having a wonderful meal and games to watch.

I'm glad that your Mom will be surrounded by family with lots of love.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
We had our Thanksgiving here in Canada last month but I wish all the American ATS'sers a Happy Thanksgiving! If you are alone, I hope you make the most of your day. If nothing else, curl up on the couch with a good book or watch some of your favourite movies

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Good ideas Hun! Thanks for stopping in!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Awww, so sweet of you to share this. I stole your pic by the way. LOL Hope you don't mind, but it is so awesome, I couldn't help myself.
Hugs!

Steal away my friend. Time for sleep now.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Sweet Dreams my friend!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Once hear a comedian say, "You want to hear a scary thought. You are not like your parents you ARE your parents." The very fabric of who are IS your parents. So your parents never really leave you since they are built into your fabric of who you are.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Hence the constant nausea ! 😉

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Very thoughtful and sweet as always.

(((hugs))) friend.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

This will be the first Thanksgiving that I won’t be able to spend with my son as I have to work. Luckily, my sister is actually off (which is rare), so she said she’d take him to his paternal grandparents for me, only now he is saying he
doesnt want to go if I’m not there

I’m really stressed about it. I’ll probably have to bribe him.

I’m not sad about not going there as it’s my exs’ family, I just wish I didn’t have to deal with so much backlash all the time.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Such sweet thoughts and beautiful pic. You share sooooo much love with us all and it's appreciated by so many. You are a true ATS Gem, NightStar.

You've Made a Difference

As Thanksgiving Day approaches,
Our blessings we recall;
The things we are most thankful for,
We recollect them all.

You are really special,
In all you say and do.
You've made a difference in our lives;
We're thankful now for you.

Thank you for being awesome.

Happy Thanksgiving and Brightest blessings to ALL 💝

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

They are certainly a part of us. I can see parts of both of them in me.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Hugs to you sweetheart! I am thankful that you are one of the people I have met on this site. I almost wrote set instead of site, like we're in a movie or something. LOL

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join