It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roasted cabbage?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the quick video for roasting a whole cabbage just like you'd roast a turkey?
Oh my goodness gracious does it look delicious. I am seriously contemplating trying it this Thursday!
I am making a turkey of course - but I won't eat it. I love all the veggies tho... mmmmm

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Another one that apparently works well being roasted is Brussels sprouts. I never dared try it though. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I like to cut thick 2" slices and fry cabbage steaks in hot oil. Nicely browned.

Where is the video?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I have never tried that. I do like cabbage rolls and use cabbage in most of my soups. Cooked cabbage is actually my main way of controlling my temporal lobe epilepsy.

The cabbage is tasty in cabbage rolls, worth the reaction I get from the tomatoes in the cabbage rolls.. I grew up hearing cabbage rolls called pigs in the blanket, but that must have been a local name for them.
edit on 20-11-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I like to cut thick 2" slices and fry cabbage steaks in hot oil. Nicely browned.

Where is the video?

Yeah, putting a description like that on here without a known video is so cruel.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
MMmmm....the Red Cabbage.....MMMMM.....in a roasting pan with Yellow Yams and White Yams and Purple Yams and Daikon and Rutabega and Turnips and Sweet Potatos some carrots and some beets and fresh green baby dillweed and Parsley and Mint....some celery ….with the entire bit covered with a 2x layer of Beet Greens and Red Chard greens.Everything soaked in extra virgin first run cold pressed olive oil.No garlic no onion family stuff...some turmeric and fresh ground black pepper.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Where is the video?

Looks like most people do the baked steaks the same
1 head of cabbage, cored, and sliced into thick slices.
1 stick (1/4) butter
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 tsp paprika
1 1/2 C shredded mixed cheeses

Cut cabbage into thick slices and place on a large baking sheet.
Saute garlic in butter.
Pour over steaks.
Sprinkle steaks with paprika.
Top steaks with shredded cheese.

Bake at 350 F for roughly 40 minutes or until steaks are tender.
Serve and enjoy!

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
MMmmm....the Red Cabbage.....MMMMM.....in a roasting pan with Yellow Yams and White Yams and Purple Yams and Daikon and Rutabega and Turnips and Sweet Potatos some carrots and some beets and fresh green baby dillweed and Parsley and Mint....some celery ….with the entire bit covered with a 2x layer of Beet Greens and Red Chard greens.Everything soaked in extra virgin first run cold pressed olive oil.No garlic no onion family stuff...some turmeric and fresh ground black pepper.[/quote

I got kidney stones just reading this. I do not know why this wound up in the box.
edit on 20-11-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Another one that apparently works well being roasted is Brussels sprouts. I never dared try it though. Good luck.

Bacon is the key. Lots of bacon.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

MMmmm....the Red Cabbage.....MMMMM.....in a roasting pan with Yellow Yams and White Yams and Purple Yams and Daikon and Rutabega and Turnips and Sweet Potatos some carrots and some beets and fresh green baby dillweed and Parsley and Mint....some celery ….with the entire bit covered with a 2x layer of Beet Greens and Red Chard greens.Everything soaked in extra virgin first run cold pressed olive oil.No garlic no onion family stuff...some turmeric and fresh ground black pepper.[/quote

I got kidney stones just reading this. I do not know why this wound up in the box.

Toss in some pink himilayan rock salt and some iodised salt why not so you get an extra mineral boost ...and just make sure you stay hydrated...you will be ok.

I am boxed in to....lol.
edit on 20-11-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Toss in some pink himilayan rock salt and some iodised salt why not so you get an extra mineral boost ...and just make sure you stay hydrated...you will be ok.

I am boxed in to....lol.

I thought boxing day was on December 26th

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I am boxed in to....lol.

I thought boxing day was on December 26th

Must be a new Canadian thing.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

MMmmm....the Red Cabbage.....MMMMM.....in a roasting pan with Yellow Yams and White Yams and Purple Yams and Daikon and Rutabega and Turnips and Sweet Potatos some carrots and some beets and fresh green baby dillweed and Parsley and Mint....some celery ….with the entire bit covered with a 2x layer of Beet Greens and Red Chard greens.Everything soaked in extra virgin first run cold pressed olive oil.No garlic no onion family stuff...some turmeric and fresh ground black pepper.

Hiya 14A.
Sounds delicious! Am making beef-broth based cream of veggie soup today.

Am curious why no onion-family stuff for you? No leeks nor shallots neither?

Will try roasting cabbage this week. Wonder how Epicuious does it?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Hiya 14A.
Sounds delicious! Am making beef-broth based cream of veggie soup today.

Am curious why no onion-family stuff for you? No leeks nor shallots neither?

Will try roasting cabbage this week. Wonder how Epicuious does it?

I avoid the onion family because it produces byproduct chemicals inside our bodies that specific extra damaging parasites require to thrive...and because parasites we eat carry on them bacteria that are pleomorphic and can change shape and mass to ensure their own survival ...I try to kill the parasites daily because I as we al do intake them daily in different forms and foods.....when that pleomorphic bacteria hitchhikes into us on the parasitic host it hides in us and lays dormant looking like a bacteria....when we get sick or our body state changes in specific ways the dormant pleomorphic bacteria triggers itself to survive and morphs into a form that can better survive in its environment like a virus then a fungus ...the last stage of this bacterias morphing is its fungal stage where it thinks it will die and it take s form and shape that allows it to reproduce prodigiously....a fast spreading fungal what we call cancer....but really its just a tricky bacteria we ate with our food that waits for us to become weak and improperly nourished and chemically altered so it can trigger its evolutionary survival mode and morph.If we don't eat the foods with the specific parasites and their hitchhikers and we keep our blood alkaline and our stomachs acidicand we avoid bringing chemicals into our bodies in our water or food ...we will NEVER GET CANCER. Ever.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Thanks for the reply. Have seen you writing about parasites here lately, and it is intriguing.

Don't we all have some cell-degeneration, that could be called 'cancer'?

Personally do try to keep the blood alkaline a bit, if that's really possible.
Start the day with lemon juice, then have turmeric and garlic supplements with breakfast.
Am also eating very little carbs, which may reduce the fuel that cancerous cells apparently thrive on.

Honestly think that most of us would rather whistle though the cemetery, (so-to speak), when it comes to our various body parasites.

Back to the soup! (PS: the secret ingredient is a couple of parsnips, LoL).

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Now the whole house smells like somebody farted.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Hi one4all. I don't know much about this topic, BUT if you are creating an alkaline environment then it is very possible that one is going to provide the perfect environment for candida to grow. And from the little bit of research I have done on candida, it is thought that it is a fungus... and fungus leads to cancer.

What are your thoughts on this?

Not to derail this thread (my apologies). Just curious of the feedback on this.

And cabbage fried in butter with garlic and salt - YUM! I am definitely going to make that cabbage roast.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I am making a turkey of course - but I won't eat it.

How can you not eat Turkey for Thanksgiving?!?

Commie!

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull

Hi one4all. I don't know much about this topic, BUT if you are creating an alkaline environment then it is very possible that one is going to provide the perfect environment for candida to grow. And from the little bit of research I have done on candida, it is thought that it is a fungus... and fungus leads to cancer.

What are your thoughts on this?

Not to derail this thread (my apologies). Just curious of the feedback on this.

And cabbage fried in butter with garlic and salt - YUM! I am definitely going to make that cabbage roast.

Your blood state and the internal state of your stomach need to be kept balanced....the blood needs to NOT GET to ACIDIC....and the Stomach needs to NOT GET to ALKALINE......it is swings in these areas combined with the introduction of specific chemicals to our body that trigger the morphing of the bacteria we call cancer.Cancer as we call it is the late stage fungal expression of a pleomorphic bacteria that is desperate to survive.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join