It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO Chief Warns Congo Violence Is Allowing Ebola to Spread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Rebels repeatedly attack the outbreak epicenter—where the response operation is headquartered

link

As of Sunday, there have been 366 confirmed and probable Ebola infections reported in this outbreak; 214 of those people died.

Also from link
The public health workers behind the Ebola response in the Democratic Republic of the Congo are struggling to combat an outbreak of the deadly virus in what is effectively a war zone. Repeated rebel attacks on the city of Beni—the outbreak epicenter and the headquarters of the response operation—have given the virus an advantage over the humans trying to contain it, acknowledges Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the World Health Organization’s director-general.

The most recent attack, on Friday, targeted a military encampment close to a hotel in Beni where some Ebola responders are housed. The hotel was hit by a shell that did not detonate. In the aftermath, a decision was made the next day to evacuate 16 personnel experiencing emotional distress and to insist on heightened security from the United Nations peacekeeping force in the area, known as MONUSCO.

Link contains interview with WHO chief .

Despite the acknowledged effects of the UN forces being bombarded at the site of the outbreak , this is not so far considered by those in charge to be a public health emergency of international concern . According to WHO chief , because support for containment is readily available through donors such as the Wellcome Trust , European and American government funds ( but not employees) .

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I heard recently on a podcast I forget which one about more ethnic cleansing and massacres happening in the Congo

To me the Congo is kind of a look into the old world before our technology. This kind of thing has been happening throughout human history and continues today.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hello.
My name i can not tell. Since i can't make a thread, i decided to ask about my worries and questions here.
The "Hidden hand" material lead me here.
Some things about me. i have always been able to sense nature. I have seen many things in my life, surreal things, and things that seemed just as real as any other thing. I am now at a higher vibration and have healthier relationships with my spirits.

Now, from what i have gathered, is that the US gov., the continuation of the roman/babylonian church, sold us to the grays, who are nothing but projected images of a broken ultra-fake-consciousness, called Yawheh.
They are not real, Earth is not "real", everything is like a simulation, played over and over again, in multiple different scenarios and time parallels. Since time travel is possible, and you go back in time, you create just another possiblity.

Now these Grays and Zetas, or even the Pleiadans claim to be "us in the future". And that, to escape the tyranny of the devil and the ETs, one must find salvation inside of your self, in your spirit.
And then you are ripe for the "harvest", where the pleiadans, cassiopeans and so on, take over our bodies and minds to raise the vibration.
Now this is what icks me. So i am raising my awareness and consciousness to be possessed by someone again, be it good or evil? How can i know if he is malevolent or peaceful?
Why is everything in this world such a mess. Maybe the Creator god simply doesn't care about raising ones vibration here. We are here just to learn, not to be ready for another harvest over and over again. or am i missing something.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Damn.

Somebody ought to send Henry Kissinger in there. He'll fix everything.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OneTrickSlave

See if you can pack as many odd concepts into another wierd post if you can but try and relate something at least to ebola . As for me I particularly hate ebola , even though it's unlikely to escape . This is just a survivalists heads up to some of the others , a chuffin dangerous pandemic after all .

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

I can not honestly remember a time when there wasn't ongoing warfare in the DRC and my recollections go back to 1965.

From 1908 to 1960, the region was known as the Belgian Congo and was administered as a colony of Belgium. The Belgian population in the Belgian Congo peaked at 89,000 in 1959. The Belgians relinquished control in 1960 and warring factions have been fighting for control ever since.

Frankly it seems to me that former colonies that devolve into perpetual civil war and become health hazards to the entire world should be re-colonized by the previous owners such that they can re-establish order. Libya is another prime example of that.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Thats a 63% mortality rate. Lord.....

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

The problem has always been that the colonizers paid no attention to tribal territories when they drew boundaries. They didn't know and wouldn't have cared as their presence made a Pax Romana situation. Keeping the same boundaries with competing tribes inside invites such wars.
South Africa will also soon collapse and be begging for aid. Aid will be given, the worthless leaders will steal it, and more will be begged for. The cycle will repeat as the now wealthy leaders become ex-pats and live in luxury far from the disaster they have created while a new set of leaders arise.

Nelson Mandela must be wondering what he really did for his people.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

They already live in luxury. African leaders have been syphoning off aid money for years how else do you think they can afford their multiple houses and rolls royces'? it ain't from saving their government wages

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

They already live in luxury. African leaders have been syphoning off aid money for years how else do you think they can afford their multiple houses and rolls royces'? it ain't from saving their government wages

Yes, but they often escape to more civilized countries to avoid consequences. The world should refuse them sanctuary and let them face the people that they have abused. Maybe political philosophies will change after some get their just desserts.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

That is all quite true.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

It's now in Dakkar.

www.apnews.com...

top topics

join