It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lock her up! Ivanka found to be using personal email to conduct government business

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: BlackJackal

Then use your own source:

A spokesman for Trump’s attorney confirmed to USA TODAY that the president’s daughter “sometimes used her private account, almost always for logistics and scheduling concerning her family. The spokesman, Peter Mirijanian, said Ivanka Trump used the address “until the White House provided her the same guidance they had to others.”

What USA Today left out was the part where she turned over all of the emails months ago.

Ok, so what? It is still illegal. Plus, as many Republicans were quick to point out in the Clinton email case, she also claimed no classified emails as welll.
did she transmit any classified info?

According to her and her spokespeople, no. However, isn't that exactly what Hillary said at this stage of the game as well? Yes, yes it is.

Clinton's quote:

I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email. There is no classified material, so I am certainly well aware of the classification requirements, and did not send classified material.

LI NK

I think you forget that when the Clinton email story broke all that we knew to begin with was that she used a personal email to conduct government business. The deleted emails, classified emails, etc all came out later. This is literally the exact same way that the Clinton email scandal started.

I suppose we will have to wait until the oversight committee investigates this issue like they did with Clinton's emails. Also, if you believe Trey Gowdy and the Republicans are going to investigate Ivanka like they did with Hillary I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale.

The hypocrisy is so thick.

well, here's the deal. If she did transmit classified data, then she should be punished. But.....not one #ing second before Hillary is punished. Remember, equal justice for all. And if she didn't transmit classified data, then she should be asked not to do it again, and Hillary should still be punished. You agree with that?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Ivanka Trump’s lawyer slams ‘misinformation being peddled’ after report that she used private email for government business

"To address misinformation being peddled about Ms. Trump’s personal email, she did not create a private server in her house or office, there was never classified information transmitted, the account was never transferred or housed at Trump Organization, no emails were ever deleted, and the emails have been retained in the official account in conformity with records preservation laws and rules," Mirijanian said.

He added: "When concerns were raised in the press 14 months ago, Ms. Trump reviewed and verified her email use with White House Counsel and explained the issue to congressional leaders." Mirijanian told the Post that Trump had used a personal account prior to being briefed on ethics rules.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
a reply to: JinMI

Here's an NPR article from 2015, before we knew that Hillary's emails were classified:NPR Fact-check. It outlines FOIA, NARA, etc.

Basically, if you are using a private email for gov't business, which is discouraged, that gov't agency must have all records of it. Please note Chuck Grassley's comments, which were pretty much, "hey, guys- this is probably illegal." NPR even dallies on whether Hillary obeyed the letter of the law or the spirit of the law. (That's loyalist lingo for yes, she broke the rules.)

Ivanka *was* in violation of these laws, though she since has turned over the emails and started using her .gov email address. Hillary's email scandal was the most reported news of 2016. (source) It's absolutely ridiculous that Ivanka did the same thing.

Good job on the research, I’m sure JinMI didn’t have it in him to even look this up.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

A spokesman for Trump’s attorney confirmed to USA TODAY that the president’s daughter “sometimes used her private account, almost always for logistics and scheduling concerning her family. The spokesman, Peter Mirijanian, said Ivanka Trump used the address “until the White House provided her the same guidance they had to others.”

What USA Today left out was the part where she turned over all of the emails months ago.

Ok, so what? It is still illegal. Plus, as many Republicans were quick to point out in the Clinton email case, she also claimed no classified emails as welll.

According to her and her spokespeople, no. However, isn't that exactly what Hillary said at this stage of the game as well? Yes, yes it is.

Clinton's quote:

I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email. There is no classified material, so I am certainly well aware of the classification requirements, and did not send classified material.

LI NK

I think you forget that when the Clinton email story broke all that we knew to begin with was that she used a personal email to conduct government business. The deleted emails, classified emails, etc all came out later. This is literally the exact same way that the Clinton email scandal started.

I suppose we will have to wait until the oversight committee investigates this issue like they did with Clinton's emails. Also, if you believe Trey Gowdy and the Republicans are going to investigate Ivanka like they did with Hillary I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale.

well, here's the deal. If she did transmit classified data, then she should be punished. But.....not one #ing second before Hillary is punished. Remember, equal justice for all. And if she didn't transmit classified data, then she should be asked not to do it again, and Hillary should still be punished. You agree with that?

I agree with you punish both of them equally but also don’t you think it is important that our president show comsistency and treat Ivanka the same way he treated Hillary? The Hillary email scandal can’t be the biggest thing since Watergate (according to Trump) and then when Ivanka does it, he ignores it.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Right after Hilary is locked up. Duh.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Ivanka wasn't secretary of state... Lol. Keep trying peon

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Ivanka wasn't secretary of state... Lol. Keep trying peon

Doesn't matter Einstein. The same laws and rules apply to all government officials.

The official defended Ivanka Trump from comparisons to Clinton, noting Ms. Trump did not understand email communications rules and her emails also did not contain classified information. Ms. Trump also stopped using her personal address when she was informed her private email couldn't be used for government communication, the administration official told CBS News.

You know who else claimed no classified information in her emails, that's right Hillary. Are you suggesting we should treat Ivanka differently? Is she somehow special?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
a reply to: xuenchen

Not really. Unless you only read Town hall crier, or whatever you linked to in the other post.

You shot yourself down in your own thread with your own source.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Already debunked and shot in the ass.

😬

Excuse me if I don’t take your word for it. You aren’t the most trustworthy source.

You've filled pages in the Mud-Pit with anti-Trump threads. None of which are credible. You need to get out of Trump's ass before you become permanently lodged in there.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Clinton's quote:

LI NK

I agree with you punish both of them equally but also don’t you think it is important that our president show comsistency and treat Ivanka the same way he treated Hillary? The Hillary email scandal can’t be the biggest thing since Watergate (according to Trump) and then when Ivanka does it, he ignores it.

It is painfully clear you know nothing about the Clinton email scandal.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hillary was confirmed as Secretary of State by a Democrat Senate.

😆🍋

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I don't think any information she had would be much of a threat to national security. I understand this is a left/right thing going on here, but I don't see much any logical person should care about. This isn't in the same ballpark as what Hillary did. It just kind of sounds like it if you word it the right way.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Hey there, Captain Partisan-

It says it directly in the first quote that you provide: She did so until she was given proper guidance and training as to how to conduct official emails.

This may come as a shock to you, but government employees must take and complete mandatory annual training on many topics, ranging from "micro aggression" to the Hatch Act and, yes, how to handle official work correspondence. But, until that training happens, nothing can really happen to the individual if they breach rules and guidelines about which they were unaware. In that instance, yes, ignorance can be a defense.

And I'm sure that you've been told by now, but if not, creating a private server to obviously avoid having to retain your electronic records as evidence is not the same as using a private email for family scheduling and logistics, nor is it the same as sending classified state correspondence and information via unsecured channels.

Trump hammered Hillary over her handling of classified communications and her purposeful and unlawful use of a private server on her own property for official communication and other work. Stop misconstruing the two, because they're not the same; they're not even close relatives.

But I will say that if Ivanka Trump did cause issues by doing what she did, she should be held administratively liable, but it wouldn't be criminal unless it was something like, say, classified state documents.

originally posted by: Propagandalf

It is painfully clear you know nothing about the Clinton email scandal.

That just needed reiterating.

edit on 20-11-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Good job on the research, I’m sure JinMI didn’t have it in him to even look this up.

Didn't have the courage to respond to me but have no trouble talking about me. Coward.

If you would have read through the statutes I provided, you would have came to L2SH's same conclusions via NPR. However I can certainly understand how you need it dumbed-down so you can comprehend it.
edit on 20-11-2018 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Can't they just be posted on the internet for public enjoyment - the usual procedure.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

And it's proven she lied. Prove to me she did what Hillary did and we can talk.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You know who else claimed no classified information in her emails, that's right Hillary. Are you suggesting we should treat Ivanka differently? Is she somehow special?

They physically found classified with Hillary including TS...Oh BTW as Sec of State everything is basically classified...lol

Why are you not suggesting that Hillary should go to jail since her offence in this area passes into the criminal area. Hell destroying 33,000 email alone is criminal...

The thing I find distasteful with all your posts is you do the same damn thing...slam one side and give the other side a free pass for things much worst.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Curious timing...old story reworked just as Julian Assange who has all the info on Hillary's email is charged...hmmm.
edit on 20/11/18 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Many would think that the deranged Leftists would be embarrassed to even post a thread Iike this after giving Hillary a pass for emailing real classified material.
But then, that would mean they have a conscience.

Yeah, all those leftist should just shut up ..

Exactly right. In this instance the Left has lost the right to complain. They allowed a precedent to be set when they defended Hillary and let her off the hook.

In your post earlier you stated:

You should already know that it is expressly forbidden from using your personal email to handle any government business. It doesn’t matter the content of the emails the fact that she used a private email at all to carry out government business.

Comey would argue intent with you.

Where were your threads when Hillary and her private server were being discussed before and after the election?
edit on 20-11-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
New rumors that Ivanka smashed a cell phone with a sledge hammer that weighed more than her.

😎

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join