It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEVELOPING: Multiple People Have Been Shot In Downtown Denver, Police Say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Shooting in Denver !!

What is going on ?

1 dead and 4 wounded

DEVELOPING: Multiple People Have Been Shot In Downtown Denver, Police Say

Police say ‘multiple people’ has been shot in downtown Denver. The crime scene is at 21st & Lawrence.

A local hospital, Denver Health, confirmed they have received a least 5 patients–one has passed away.

Details were limited but the police department tweeted ‘no suspect information is available at this time. Investigation is ongoing.’

😨

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
PIO for DPD says only four shot, one DRT three transported, unable to locate a fifth victim as of 20 minutes-ish ago. Suspect/s at large, unknown number of gunmen.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What's going on you ask, well looks like some nutter with guns is shooting people, par for the course is it not...
edit on 19-11-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
That area looks pretty rough on google street view.
Bet it's gang related.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I. E. (on the homeland security' staff lounge, a board reads: number of days since lass mass shooting ____.... '0' is dry-eraser marker'ed

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

In 38 years, I have been shot at 1 time. I was 16 and wandered into the Caprini Greens on the se side of Chicago.

I was called a honkey and shot at as I ran away with my 13 yr old brother. I could hear the rounds zip past my ear.

That was the attitude there in 1996. I can't imagine now.

Denver has been flooded with the same characters.

edit on 11 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

edit on 11 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Years ago at work i met a young South African white lad at my work and i enquired of him what had brought him to Scotland and our cold climate ,His answer stunned me he was 21 and a electrician to trade he had been shot at five times with the last attack the bullet just grazed him and he upped and left , and i do not blame him

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Why is ATS saying this is the hood, assuming it's gang violence, and assuming its black on black crime, or a black suspect? Jus saying...doesn't sound like the hood at all...but I could be wrong...

Shooting in Denver’s LoDo neighborhood leaves 1 dead, sends at least 3 others to hospital
Denver Post link

From GOOGLE:

LoDo is a bustling downtown neighborhood known for its trendy shopping and dining scene. String lights illuminate Larimer Square, a historic block with elegant Victorian buildings housing trendy boutiques and sleek restaurants and lounges. Nearby Union Station, a beaux arts-style transport hub, also has cool places to eat and drink, plus summer events that include concerts and a weekly farmers' market.

Suspect still at large, no information has been released about the suspect.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

That's scary, I will not visit where I'm not wanted again.

4chan has some videos of over there that will "rek" your need to explore that side of the planet.

You can't unsee it, be warned though.

Absolute vomit-inducing barbaric behavior.

I'm not even going to give descriptions, it gives me the heebee jeebies.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Bet it's gang related.

It's not a rough part of town, sadly. It's a kitchy district south of Coors Field, lots of little coffee shops, tiny nightclubs, microbreweries, and cafes. Its been over a decade since I was last there, but if it's slummy now, then it went downhill very fast because it was quite nice not long ago.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Perhaps they think Lower Downtown is located in NE Denver which is, and I say this with all due respect, a craphole ghetto?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
My daughter lives in Lo-Do, this is only a few mins from her apt. Just spoke with her, thankfully she's ok. Downtown Denver is a mix of high end apts.and ghetto. Choose your streets wisely at night.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I would't call it slummy, but it's kind of a weird corner, mostly parking lots, with a bunch of apartments.
There's a few people that look homeless in googstreet view.

I'm just going off my guess of gang related because it sounds like a driveby, with no shooter found.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
My daughter lives in Lo-Do, this is only a few mins from her apt. Just spoke with her, thankfully she's ok. Downtown Denver is a mix of high end apts.and ghetto. Choose your streets wisely at night.

Ah ghettos and whom lives in the ghettos which type of people? hope your Daughter stays safe dude. And your loved ones.
edit on 19-11-2018 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Bet it's gang related.

Why would you even lie like this yet posters gave you stars?!?!

Google Maps 21st and Lawrence

Denver Police Twitter

Watch the video in the above link

link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

It is close to the bus depot, which is a major bum magnet for Denver... so you're not entirely off base, I suppose.

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sounds a bit like Diversity is Our Strength.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Ah ghettos and whom lives in the ghettos which type of people?

Desperate ones.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

The poor type.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

Poor people, people with criminal records who can't pass housing background checks outside of the slums, people who don't have the self sufficiency to improve their situations, uneducated people... what are you getting at?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join