It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does ATS give permission to news sites or vloggers to use thread data on their sites?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I came across a YT channel (million+ subscribers between a few channels) that used the exact data from a thread here, from an OP. The video sourced a site that had similar data, but not the exact data, comparions/analogies, figures, etc that was used in the video, so IDK where they got the numbers besides from the thread (I'm certain the source is the thread, no doubt about it). None of the sources for the video contained much of the data that was in the thread (with unique figures/etc)

The thread was pretty long and it got deleted pretty quick, I'd say within a few hours with questionable reasons.

A second thread appeared after the first was deleted, it was much shorter, but still had a lot of the same data and figures. The first thread that was deleted, IIRC, is listed as original work on another website.

The video and the posting on the news site are all 2-4 days after the original threads were posted.

I wanted to know if ATS gives sites permission to copy posts from the site or if they sell access/posts to the sites. Do they ever sell posts that have been deleted (I've had probably 20-30 LONG threads disappear!).

Well if anyone knows, I'd sure be happy to know what the policies are on this, if the sites are breaking ATS rules or if ATS is partnering with these sites/YT posters.

THANK!

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Do they ever sell posts that have been deleted (I've had probably 20-30 LONG threads disappear!).

ATS doesn't sell removed posts or threads. What happens to removed threads is they all go in the 'Trash Bin (even yours).'

Read this link for more details.

Contact admins at this email address if you find ATS content being plagiarized on other sites: [email protected]

Question answered and thread closed.

edit on 11.19.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

new topics

join