It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chipotle fires racist manager, then realizes maybe she's not racist after all.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Honestly, my bet is they thought this was gonna win them back some customers after all the bad publicity they got from y'know...poisoning people with their food.

Don't think this is gonna work out quite the way they were hoping it would.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I forgot about that incident. We don't have Chipotles up here in Alaska...

Considering that, the employee used the wrong tactic. If she knew the dude wasn't going to pay, she should have just given him the spoiled ingredients. I'm fairly confident we haven't jumped the shark as a country so horrifically that someone who steals food can then turn around and sue for having gotten a horrible case of the bloody trots from said thugonomically funded food stuffs.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I'm fairly confident we haven't jumped the shark as a country so horrifically that someone who steals food can then turn around and sue for having gotten a horrible case of the bloody trots from said thugonomically funded food stuffs.

One might think, but sadly I didn't have to dig very far to find this question which is about liability for poisoning food one suspects will be stolen. I googled it because you raised a pretty interesting (to me) question, and there we go.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I suppose. It's been a while since I was in corporate America, so I've probably lost track of what's expected of managers these days...

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

If you poison the food in a situation where a reasonable person would foresee theft and subsequent injury, then you are liable for at least the tort of negligence if the thief is in fact injured.

Simply adding a note saying "don't steal" doesn't disclose the danger.

Do you have a duty of care to other people with access to your food? (That is the remaining element of negligence.) Yes. (See premisesliability.uslegal.com...). You have a duty to not willfully or wontonly trap or otherwise prepare harm for would-be tresspassers, and I believe that extends to lunchroom thieves.

I'm sorry, America, it's terminal.

link   
Sounds like this Manager is better off not going back, and seeking a career in Loss Prevention.

link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Never been to a Chipotle. I know it's a fast takeout. They hand over food without taking payment first?

Yeah fire the white racist.

There is a spot at the end of the assembly line where your food is in the bag and it's possible you could just grab it and go before you pay if you are brazen enough.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Well, if a burglar, in California, can sue a school district because he fell through a skylight during his commission of a crime...anything is possible.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Well, if a burglar, in California, can sue a school district because he fell through a skylight during his commission of a crime...anything is possible.

Yeah, but I had hoped the rest of the country wouldn't catch California's special brand of retardation and political HIV.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Sounds like this Manager is better off not going back, and seeking a career in Loss Prevention.

Chipotles pays 50k for a manager, I would go in a new direction...

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

There is a spot at the end of the assembly line where your food is in the bag and it's possible you could just grab it and go before you pay if you are brazen enough.

What if....

You ordered and paid at the beginning as your stuff was being made and then everyone could just pick it up at the end... Just a 200 IQ thought...

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Same as subway, which will occasionally have the same issue.

I've been in Subway twice when that's happened. I don't know, but policy seems to be to let them go, and not chase, just call the cops, and hand over the surveillance tapes.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: ketsuko

What if....

You ordered and paid at the beginning as your stuff was being made and then everyone could just pick it up at the end... Just a 200 IQ thought...

The idea is that you go along the line and tell than how you want it made and watch them do it. So then they have the tally by the end. It would be a reversal of their system to pay at the beginning.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I know, man, I know.

Welcome to life in the lower 48.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Just another episode of PC Madness! 🤯 When will the fun ever end!? 🤡

We should make a weekly show mocking "PC fails", with America's Funniest Home Videos style sound effects and music, and 2 hosts, one guy who does dry sarcasm witty humor, and another guy, the sidekick, who tells it like it is, and really gives it to em dirty and hard just how they like it and takes no prisoners (also hes there for the people who dont get the subtlety employed in the other character's humor). Come to think if it I could voice both characters and we could animate it. An animated show about 2 guys doing a YouTube channel about PC fails.

Ah, you know what, nevermind... my meds are wearing off...it doesn't sound as fun as it did when I was peaking.

(im joking, i am clean from all illegal drugs for almost 2 years now. i just make fun of myself in advance before anyone else can tell my idea is stupid. "yeah i Know it was stupid that was the Point! now go away and leave me alone, you...you conformists!" *sniffle-sniffle*

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson
With an outlook like that I suspect you’re part of the problem. Assuming you’re not kidding of course. I don’t do white guilt however so it be awkward for that individual I’d be putting out the door when they ask for a discount that doesn’t exsist. If you don’t want to pay, I’ll show you the sidewalk no matter what you are.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

My wife's cousin loves cheapotel. I find this disturbing to the point my once every 5 years visit is canceled.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

You are not missing much. They have large servings but it is bland.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
We have no Chipotle
where I live only the majors:
Burger King, Mac, Subway, Taco Bell and Wendy’s.

And what's the big deal hire her back if not she should sue for wrongful dismissal.
That’s the reason they're saying we didn’t fire her for this but for that.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Reacting to incivility is not racist. Before pointing fingers almost every time, we should step back and look objectively at how ALL the parties involved were conducting themselves in an incident like this. Simply branding someone racist every time some altercation happens seems to be like a way for some individuals to get away with bad behavior more and more. People see it, and when they see it repeatedly in members of a given specific ethnicity, become jaded after a time and then start to profile racially. We are all judged by our conduct and that has nothing to do with racism, but when behavior like this becomes acceptable within a group of people, its bad for ALL of them in the long run because they will all be profiled for the reasons I outlined.

edit on 22-11-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join