It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chipotle fires racist manager, then realizes maybe she's not racist after all.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

They should charge up front to avoid all this.
Most places you pay, get a # then grab n go.

Why??

Hahahahahahahah

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I never been to a Chipotle.
I've seen countless of them tho.

Whatever mind control angle they use it never triggered for me. Hmmm...

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Not typically, no. It's sort of an assembly line where your food makes a stop at each station to add, or not, whatever is at that station. Then it sits on the counter next to the register while you pay.

Or sits on the counter for you to help yourself to before running out the door. Either/or.

Oh so it's like Subway.
Hmmmm.

So their policy might as well be to let people to steal.

Since they got videotape they could write it up and maybe get reimbursed. There is probably insurance for this, and it's not real common I guess.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Around here pay in advance is pretty normal. Paper had 6 old women walking out of a breakfast place a while back the last one leaving was looking for the others and the others said she was going to pay. Cops got 4 of them over $100 for breakfast. They paid because the other option was a ride downtown.

Also O'Bummer family members seldom tip.

edit on 19-11-2018 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Chipotle always gives me the squits.

Same with Harvey's

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

What the hell??? In New Jersey there's no such thing as "dine and dash" in Chipotle. You pay for you food first or you don't get it. This sounds like fake news to me. I think ALL the Chipotles require you to pay before you get your food.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Wait a minute.
These men didn't pay for their meal the last time they were in the restaurant and the lady recognized them "apparently shes able to tell them apart".
Then asking if they are able to pay this time makes her racist......

They were different people and she was fired for thinking all black people look the same.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Well I avoid New Jersey at all costs, but I've already explained how every Chipotle works that I've ever been to. My food has always been sitting right next to the register by the time I got to the register to pay for it, and it would have been as simple as picking it up and walking off with it.

Ignorance of something isn't proof of anything other than you're ignorant of it.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

MS N

Hours after the video went viral, Twitter users began to scour Masud’s Twitter page, and posted photos of some of his previous tweets. “Dine and dash is forever interesting,” Masud posted in 2015. He has since deleted the posts.
Another post read: “Guys we’re borrowing food... that’s it. And if the lady tries to stop you at the door don’t hesitate to truck the sh-- out of that bi---.” Masud, who records show is on probation for theft, declined to comment to the Miami Herald on Sunday.

At least one of the guys appears to have a history of dine and dash.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It's not surprising at all. They didn't want to be the next "Starbucks" in terms of racism so they made a quick decision to fire the manager.

What's more risky? Making the news the following day with sensationalist headlines saying, "chipotle thinks black people cant afford their food". OR, possibly jumping the gun on firing a manager.

I don't see this as a suprising. Just a corporation being a corporation..

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

What the hell??? In New Jersey there's no such thing as "dine and dash" in Chipotle. You pay for you food first or you don't get it. This sounds like fake news to me. I think ALL the Chipotles require you to pay before you get your food.

I think that they grab the food as it's at/next to the register and run. So it's technically theft.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Chipotle has had at least a few e-coli scares in a recent years. Yes, I mean "a few" as in 3 or 4. I'm honestly surprised they survived the last one. We had a gift card for them. We used it up shortly after the last health scare, when I figured the company retraining (reminding employees to wash their hands after taking a crap) would hopefully still be fresh in their minds. Mainly, I didn't want to get stuck with a worthless gift card, as I totally expected the company to have gone broke by now.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

MS N

Hours after the video went viral, Twitter users began to scour Masud’s Twitter page, and posted photos of some of his previous tweets. “Dine and dash is forever interesting,” Masud posted in 2015. He has since deleted the posts.
Another post read: “Guys we’re borrowing food... that’s it. And if the lady tries to stop you at the door don’t hesitate to truck the sh-- out of that bi---.” Masud, who records show is on probation for theft, declined to comment to the Miami Herald on Sunday.

At least one of the guys appears to have a history of dine and dash.

In fact, the manager recognized that guy as having done this before, which is why she called them out on it.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Sweet Christ, we're firing employees for actions they should be promoted and patted on the back for. My level of disgust for whatever it is this country is slowly mutating into deepens. We need something like a major war to refocus our natural affinity for conflict outside of the country, itself.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
as a gay black man, i never pay for food

because straight white people are afraid of their jobs for correcting my shadiness.

If it's something i can not take, i just say that i was promised a discount and when they say they don't offer that discount. I asked for the manager and say is it true you don't give discounts to gay black men, and i not only get the original discount i made up but an additional straight white gilt tax

Does being Gay or Black get you more free stuff?

...asking for a friend.

pfft, Thats old school mentality.

The question is which of the following will get you the 100% discount?

Black guy converted to transgender black women?

or

Black girl converted to transgender black man?

edit on 111130America/ChicagoMon, 19 Nov 2018 17:11:15 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

But muh social justice points

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

But muh social justice points

Well, you know how dearly I hold and defend the idea of social justice, so carry on.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Certainly wouldn't take points off their evals, that's certain. Not sure I'd promote for that though...it's kinda their job to make sure the customer pays.

Just sayin'.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I really don't find this suprising. Starbucks got crucified for it's racist bathroom thing. Chipotle obviously doesn't want to risk it. Sucks for the manager.

We had wars too! They were hidden and ignored.

I think society is growing and super PC is just a side effect of the times. Anti-PC can also be extreme. We're slowly getting rid of bad ideas and racism, unfortunately the extremists are going to make it a rough ride for alll of us.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Certainly wouldn't take points off their evals, that's certain. Not sure I'd promote for that though...it's kinda their job to make sure the customer pays.

Just sayin'.

In today's corporate world, it seems companies want the managers to consider the skin tone and/or special treatment under the law status of the customer when deciding whether they should pay, have their meal comped, or given the free meal, contents of the register, and a place to laze about, undisturbed and unquestioned for the day first and foremost.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join