It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President can't take criticism refuses to acknowledge Navy Seal who killed Bin Laden

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
Your focus is so laser-like...it's uncanny how you zeroed in on that final wishes comment...

It wasn't like that was a novel-length post.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Latest Trump tweet on the matter:

“Of course we should have captured Osama Bin Laden long before we did. I pointed him out in my book just BEFORE the attack on the World Trade Center. President Clinton famously missed his shot. We paid Pakistan Billions of Dollars & they never told us he was living there. Fools!..”

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Trump sees through the BS. He knows his supporters wouldn't really respect him as much if he catered to this fantasy.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: YouSir
Your focus is so laser-like...it's uncanny how you zeroed in on that final wishes comment...

It wasn't like that was a novel-length post.

Ummm...how novel...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: BlackJackal

Nope. I got work to do.

Apparently, your work is not preventing you from posting. So why don't you provide some evidence to back up your outrageous claims.

The interesting thing about you in particular is on most of my posts you show up and attempt to discredit my posts. You have in the past called the information I conveyed fake, called the sources fake, etc. However, when I review your post history you tend to believe posts that paint Trump in a positive light regardless of whether or not there is proof or not.

I'm sorry, but tell me how can you carry on an intelligent conversation with someone who refuses to accept solid journalistic reporting when it disagrees with your world view but is completely happy to accept conjecture and falsehoods as the gospel truth when they line up with your world view? You are literally a walking talking confirmation bias.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

“Of course we should have captured Osama Bin Laden long before we did. I pointed him out in my book just BEFORE the attack on the World Trade Center. President Clinton famously missed his shot. We paid Pakistan Billions of Dollars & they never told us he was living there. Fools!..”

So tell me, do you honestly support Trump here? Do you believe him when he tells you that we should have listened to him and that we would have caught Bin Laden sooner?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

So tell me, do you honestly support Trump here? Do you believe him when he tells you that we should have listened to him and that we would have caught Bin Laden sooner?

I think that Trump said it poorly.

But should we have captured Bin Laden sooner? Yes.

Battle of Tora Bora comes to mind.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I think he’s exactly right. It would have been better to catch Osama a great deal sooner, for the obvious reasons. So tell me, do you disagree with that?

Bill Clinton and the missed opportunities to kill Osama Bin Laden
edit on 19-11-2018 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Is that a reason to discredit Admiral McRaven for criticizing Trump over his attacks on the press?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Is that a reason to discredit Admiral McRaven for criticizing Trump over his attacks on the press?

I wasn’t aware McRaven was above criticism.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The same for the inverse.

Should we exault him jus tbecause he criticized Trump?

McRaven did some very questionable things while he ran JSOC.

Trump could certainly be more presidential about this I'll agree. But he hasn't given any indication that's how he's going to operate in the near future.

So what's the point about flipping out when all of this is predictable?
edit on 19-11-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I think he’s exactly right. It would have been better to catch Osama a great deal sooner, for the obvious reasons. So tell me, do you disagree with that?

Well, that's the problem with blindly believing in what someone tells you. He is lying to you. He did mention Bin Laden in his book, but he argued against Bin Laden being a threat to the United States.

It's true, Trump did give bin Laden a brief mention in "The America We Deserve," published in 2000. In fact, he suggested bin Laden was just "a shadowy figure with no fixed address" and not America's "public enemy No. 1."

Trump insists he called out Osama bin Laden in his 2000 book. He actually pondered whether bin Laden was so bad.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Is that a valid criticism of the man? Do you disrespect the troop who served in Iraq because George Bush and Dick Cheney, among others, lied?

link   

Well, that's the problem with blindly believing in what someone tells you. He is lying to you. He did mention Bin Laden in his book, but he argued against Bin Laden being a threat to the United States.

It's true, Trump did give bin Laden a brief mention in "The America We Deserve," published in 2000. In fact, he suggested bin Laden was just "a shadowy figure with no fixed address" and not America's "public enemy No. 1."

Trump insists he called out Osama bin Laden in his 2000 book. He actually pondered whether bin Laden was so bad.

How is he lying? He never said we should have listened to him. That’s your lie.

link   

Big difference between discrediting someone and criticizing them. You can still respect someone without agreeing with them. That's the problem with Trump and his blind followers, you don't understand that distinction.

link   
Is it just me or do some of the thread titles lately appear to be written by an 8 year old? Misplaced and inaccurate verbs, lack of punctuation, non-descriptive of OP content within the thread, etc.

Almost like someone suffering from severe TDS is constantly throwing a temper tantrum, over and over and over and over, ad nauseum.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Is that a valid criticism of the man? Do you disrespect the troop who served in Iraq because George Bush and Dick Cheney, among others, lied?

I always disrespect those who try to disrespect me, no matter who they are.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Big difference between discrediting someone and criticizing them. You can still respect someone without agreeing with them. That's the problem with Trump and his blind followers, you don't understand that distinction.

Maybe you should practice your own advice before dispensing it on others.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

How is he lying? He never said we should have listened to him. That’s your lie.

You posted the tweet, here let me refresh your memory:

So he is saying that we should have captured Osama Bin Laden long before we did and then points to his book saying "Look I pointed him out BEFORE the attack on the World Trade Center" But, that isn't what he did at all. He didn't say in his book "Hey this guy is dangerous we should focus on him". Instead he argued that he wasn't that big of a deal.

Anyone with half a brain can see that Trump is attempting to make it appear that he is so smart that he knew Osama Bin Laden was bad news before everyone else. However, for the people who actually care about facts can easily see through those lies. So which group do you fall into?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Trump could certainly be more presidential about this I'll agree. But he hasn't given any indication that's how he's going to operate in the near future.

How's this for the near future?

So presidential! So much for "Be Best" and bipartisan civility!

So what's the point about flipping out when all of this is predictable?

So predicable that we're normalizing his churlish behavior. Trump attakcs Gold Star families and a sitting senator for being a POW. He tried to put a drunken doctor in charge of the VA. He didn't attend Veteran Day observances, twice, because of rain. He insulted the widow if the fallen soldier after the ambush in Niger. He sent troops to the southern border to win mid-term election votes. All so prediciable!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join