It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President can't take criticism refuses to acknowledge Navy Seal who killed Bin Laden

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: BlackJackal

I watched the interview your creating fake news. He never once stated that the seals should have got them earlier. What he said was Pakistan was lying to the Obama administration and hiding him. Which is true he was practically staying on their military base. The owner if the house was a general in their military.

So pakistan took lots of money feom the US only to hide its enemies in their country. There is a reason Obama didnt tell Pakistan until the raid had all ready started. He knew they would warn him.

You are missing the point. The point is since McRaven was critical of Trump he went out of his way to discredit him. Just because of differing political perspectives Trump refused to give McRaven the respect he deserved.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
People are having a tough time dealing with someone who's skin is soooo thick. They just can't comprehend how he can continue to function because they would have walked away long ago.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Ummm...the Admiral frankly sounds like an idiot...if he considers calling the media out for their rush to judgement false reporting...equivalent to a threat to the Constitution and the first amendment then he's an idiot...

If he also can't comprehend the complete lack of understanding that we have a Constitutional representative republic and not a democracy...then he's an idiot...as referenced by his "the greatest threat to democracy in my lifetime"....opining...

He's an idiot...a fan of Barak Hussein Obama...whom he states..."used the office of President to bring the Nation together in challenging times"...

Which times might those be...one wonders...perhaps he could link a few to his comments...

Perhaps he meant..."if I had a son he'd look like Travon"...while the fake news was all about reporting that a Hispanic man was a cracker...another whitey slaying a black man...

Yessir...that's certainly what I'd call..."used the office of President to bring the Nation together in challenging times"...

I bet you'd call it that too...right...?

The good Admiral...is an idiot...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Duh,because Bin Laden was already dead when 9-11 happened,someone has their head stuck somewhere that they can't see,I can only speculate

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
Let me get in before the lemmings and say trump is right as always.
This guy sucks.
Trump makes me beam with pride.
This dude dont care about America. Trump does.

So what
Maga

Obama did or did not do something

4d baby

That should cover it

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Trump is right as always.

This guy sucks.

This dude doesn't care about America, Trump does.

So what, MAGA!

But, something Obama.

4-D baby!

What is going on here?

Why are your posts almost the same?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Don't know.
His came after so ask him

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Obama fired the military men who are critical of him. Remember McCrystal? He was forced to resign because he said unflattering things. I’m going to go see what kind of thread the OP wrote about it.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
is anybody else tired of this incredibly *insert expletive here* over the top hyperbole that people use when it comes to politics? and especially trump?
how can you take someone seriously when they say things like "the greatest threat to democracy in my lifetime"?
when we know damn well that the country isn't gonna become China 2.0 before his presidential run is over.
If anything his mere presence has radicalized free speech even more, i don't remember (at a mainstream level) people talking about blowing up the white house or shooting the president with a gun in a music video.

while i do agree that trump mostly acts like a petulant child, our side has been relying on empty platitudes for far too long, bringing little in the manner of actual results, so a change is welcome.

As for the man that killed bin laden, well that's a title that you can earn after i see the proof, and so far none has been produced. Until then i have to assume that guy died who knows when and all that was found was a death certificate, not a hideout.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

On the next episode of “Trump Says”', BlackJackal spends another day policing Trumps speech, and without irony, writing a half-page thread post on how petty and childish Trump is.

Eek.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Obama fired the military men who are critical of him. Remember McCrystal? He was forced to resign because he said unflattering things. I’m going to go see what kind of thread the OP wrote about it.

I'll have to check it out and add the source to my collection of Obama's authoritarian ways.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Ah, So that's how it's supposed to work?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
originally posted by:TinySickTears
Let me get in before the lemmings and say trump is right as always.
This guy sucks.
This dude dont care about America. Trump does.

So what
Maga

Obama did or did not do something

4d baby

That should cover it

All this from a special guy who can fart a purple cloud & get it all over his fingers. (see avatar)
edit on 19-11-2018 by CADpro because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Ummm...it's fairly easy to comprehend...Knowledgehunter0986...was simply trolling...a troll...

That's all folks...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

How can you take someone seriously when they say things likevtrump is the first president that actually cares about the people or he had nothing to gain by becoming president?

Can't take any of it serious.
It's all bull#.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CADpro

When all else fails attack the avatar.

Burn

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I'm surprised Cheetolini doesn't like him, he was never captured.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I think Trump could have handled this differently, this was just asking for negative attention.

But I don't think he really cares to be honest.

That aside, I don't have a particularly warm and fuzzy sentiment for McRaven, I watched Jeremy Scahills documentary "Dirty Wars" and there are many operations that are questionable on his behalf.

He led JSOC, which had limited oversight, which is surprising considering Obama liked to micro manage many of the military operations.

Trump on the other hand his given pretty much free reign to generals to conduct missions, and recently the rules of engagement have been made looser.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm surprised Cheetolini doesn't like him, he was never captured.

But he took too long to get Obama, woops, I mean Osama.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
But he took too long to get Obama, woops, I mean Osama.

If he were a real admiral he would have walked right into Osama's compound and Rochambeau'd the guy in front of his entire family.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

How did this conversation come about?

Who brought it up?

Here is the full transcript and video of the interview. This particular topic was brought up while Wallace was questioning Trump on why he calls the media 'Fake News' and the 'enemy of the people'.

WALLACE: Let’s get to the bigger issue. In 2017, last year, you tweeted this, and I want to quote it accurately, “The fake news media is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American people.”

TRUMP: That’s true, 100 percent. Not the media.

WALLACE: I --

TRUMP: I’m glad you’re finally quoting it correctly because they like to leave the fake news out

--

WALLACE: OK, but that’s what you said.

TRUMP: The fake news – so –

WALLACE: But here’s here’s –

TRUMP: The people that are supporting me in particular, they’re very smart people. They’re hard working, brilliant, great people. They know when the news is fake and they get angry when they see all of the fakeness --

WALLACE: But but --

TRUMP: At, frankly, the networks –

WALLACE: But there have been people who have been critical of other presidents, they’re they’re -- no president has liked his press coverage. John Kennedy, in your Oval Office, canceled the subscription to the New York Herald-Tribune. Nobody called it the enemy of the American people.

TRUMP: Chris, I’m calling the fake news is the enemy -- it’s fake, it’s phony.

WALLACE: But a lot of times, sir, it’s just news you don’t like –

TRUMP: No it’s not, no. No. I don’t mind getting bad news if I’m wrong. If I do something wrong – like, for instance, the cemetery. I was not allowed to go because of the Secret Service. Because they expected to take a helicopter –

WALLACE: OK.

TRUMP: They had zero visibility. They said, “Sir, we are totally unequipped for you to go.” In addition to that, the cemetery was far too far away from Air Force One, which is sort of like a control center, where you had to be near.

Not one paper that I saw wrote it that way. They said I stayed out of it because of the rain. And yet, the following day, I made a speech at the American cemetery --

WALLACE: I understand.

TRUMP: It was pouring. It wasn’t even really raining the first day but the fog was tremendous. OK?

WALLACE: But, sir leaders in authoritarian countries like Russia, China, Venezuela, now repress the media using your words.

TRUMP: I can’t talk for other people, I can only talk for me. I will tell you --

WALLACE: But you’re -- but you’re seen around the world as a beacon for repression, not for --

TRUMP: The news -- Chris -- Chris, I’m not talking about you, but you sometimes maybe. But I’m not talking about you.

The news about me is largely phony. It’s false. Even sometimes they’ll say, uh, “Sources say.” There is no source, in many cases – in many cases there is --

WALLACE: But -- I understand you don’t like your coverage --

TRUMP: No, no, no. It’s not a question --

WALLACE: Can I just bring the -- can I just bring the bigger issue –

TRUMP: Ninety-four percent negative.

WALLACE: Can I bring the -- the bigger issue up --

TRUMP: Yeah.

WALLACE: Bill McRaven, Retired Admiral, Navy Seal, 37 years, former head of U.S. Special Operations --

TRUMP: Hillary Clinton fan.

WALLACE: Special Operations --

TRUMP: Excuse me, Hillary Clinton fan.

WALLACE: Who led the operations, commanded the operations that took down Saddam Hussein and that killed Osama bin Laden says that your sentiment is the greatest threat to democracy in his lifetime.

TRUMP: OK, he’s a Hilary Clinton, uh, backer and an Obama-backer and frankly --

WALLACE: He was a Navy Seal 37 years --

TRUMP: Wouldn’t it have been nice if we got Osama Bin Laden a lot sooner than that, wouldn’t it have been nice? You know, living – think of this – living in Pakistan, beautifully in Pakistan in what I guess they considered a nice mansion, I don’t know, I’ve seen nicer. But living in Pakistan right next to the military academy, everybody in Pakistan knew he was there. And we give Pakistan $1.3 billion a year and they don’t tell him, they don’t tell him --

WALLACE: You’re not even going to give them credit --

TRUMP: For years --

WALLACE: for taking down Bin Laden?

TRUMP: They took him down but – look, look, there’s news right there, he lived in Pakistan, we’re supporting Pakistan, we’re giving them $1.3 billion a year, which we don’t give them anymore, by the way, I ended it because they don’t do anything for us, they don’t do a damn thing for us.

TRUMP: I’m totally in favor of the media, I’m totally in favor of free press, got to be fair press. When it’s fake --

WALLACE: But but the President [doesn’t] get to decide what’s fair and what’s not.

TRUMP: I can tell what’s fair and not and so can my people and so can a lot of other people.

WALLACE: I understand that but but --

TRUMP: When you do something very good and they write it badly and this is consistently when you – as an example, rarely do they talk about --

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join