It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President can't take criticism refuses to acknowledge Navy Seal who killed Bin Laden

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

This isn't about me. It's about Trump and his cavalier dismissal Admiral Mc Raven's career. Trump obviously sees the Admiral as an adversary, and has to dismiss the man so as not to have to deal with the content of his criticism.

What did he say about his career... I think he said it is good we got him, BUT we should have done it years earlier as he sat in his Pakistan compound...the country that let him while collecting 1.3 billion in aid.

Not a word about that from you...

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Sigh.

WALLACE: Bill McRaven, Retired Admiral, Navy Seal, 37 years, former head of U.S. Special Operations —

TRUMP: Hillary Clinton fan.
Dismissal

WALLACE: Special Operations —

TRUMP: Excuse me, Hillary Clinton fan.
Dismissal

WALLACE: Who led the operations, commanded the operations that took down Saddam Hussein and that killed Osama bin Laden says that your sentiment is the greatest threat to democracy in his lifetime.

TRUMP: OK, he’s a Hilary Clinton, uh, backer and an Obama-backer and frankly —
Dismissal

WALLACE: He was a Navy Seal 37 years —

TRUMP: Wouldn’t it have been nice if we got Osama Bin Laden a lot sooner than that, wouldn’t it have been nice? You know, living — think of this — living in Pakistan, beautifully in Pakistan in what I guess they considered a nice mansion, I don’t know, I’ve seen nicer. But living in Pakistan right next to the military academy, everybody in Pakistan knew he was there. And we give Pakistan $1.3 billion a year and they don’t tell him, they don’t tell him —
Deflection and dismissal

WALLACE: You’re not even going to give them credit —

TRUMP: For years —

WALLACE: for taking down Bin Laden?

TRUMP: They took him down but — look, look, there’s news right there, he lived in Pakistan, we’re supporting Pakistan, we’re giving them $1.3 billion a year, which we don’t give them anymore, by the way, I ended it because they don’t do anything for us, they don’t do a damn thing for us.

Dismissal and deflection.
edit on 19-11-2018 by Sookiechacha because: www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

do u really like being a troll?i mean all trump supporters claim to b so patriotic but will batter a soldier that served this country for 4 decades!bin laden aside,hes a soldier that put his life on the line for this country.show some respect.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Does it matter?

Looks like it does to you.

According to Trump and his followers they are not only an insult, but a reason to disqualify that person's validity.

oh really
you sure that is not just YOUR interpretation of such and no more?
imo that is all it is
If you have trump and his followers on record stating that is an insult and a reason to disqualify that persons validity by all means please post such.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Looks like it does to you.

It doesn't matter to me.

you sure that is not just YOUR interpretation of such and no more?

Right. So, Trump interjected that McRaven "is a Hillary supporter", over and over again, to emphasize McRaven's political accolades over his service record?

LOL
edit on 19-11-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

link   

Dismissal and deflection.

Once again what did he say about his career?

The President was totally right in we should have gotten him years earlier especially since he was in an allied country we give billions too. That was his point, and it had nothing to do with McRaven's career.

You say deflection, so what is he deflecting?

link   

originally posted by: notsoobviously

do u really like being a troll?i mean all trump supporters claim to b so patriotic but will batter a soldier that served this country for 4 decades!bin laden aside,hes a soldier that put his life on the line for this country.show some respect.

Hahaha
I guess you didn't get it

Oh well

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Trump has refused to acknowledge any kind of criticism levelled against him just like a sizeable chunk of his supporters so lets not be surprised by this.

We are talking about a man who was laughed at by the world at a UN meeting and the penny still didn't drop that actually he might need to start thinking about some of that criticism.

It could be one of his biggest problems as a president when you really drill it all down his inability to take on board any kind of criticism.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Sounds like Trump's suffering penis-envy

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
It could be one of his biggest problems as a president when you really drill it all down his inability to take on board any kind of criticism.

Come on, Obama hasn't been President for a while now, so we need to stop talking about him like this even though it is true.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

It doesn't matter to me.

the number of your posts on the subject says differently
seems you care deeply about it

Right. So, Trump interjected that McRaven "is a Hillary supporter", over and over again, to emphasize McRaven's accolades over his service record?

No imo more like banter during an interview. The interviewer attempting to push an opinion and the interviewee interjecting a fact. One that may be relevant when viewing the whole picture.
You and not trump brought up mcravens service record.

"LOL"

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Once again what did he say about his career?

As Wallace listed McRaven's service record as a prelude to his question to Trump about McRaven's criticism of him, Trump interrupted him and interjected "Hillary", over and over, as a dismissal and deflection to McRaven's service record. He did that to discredit McRaven before the question about McRaven's criticism was asked. Discredit McRaven and you also discredit his criticism.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Is it just me, or do people think that if they go to McDonalds for a McRib and a McShake and go outside, they'll see a McRaven saying, "McNevermore"?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

the number of your posts on the subject says differently

No, my posts are on Trump's emphasis on McRAven's perceived political alliances. In fact, McRaven denied he supported Hillary's campaign. But, it doesn't matter to me whether McRaven supported Hillary or not, when looking at his service record.

The interviewer attempting to push an opinion.....

Admiral MrRaven's service record is not an opinion.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

As Wallace listed McRaven's service record as a prelude to his question to Trump about McRaven's criticism of him, Trump interrupted him and interjected "Hillary", over and over, as a dismissal and deflection to McRaven's service record. He did that to discredit McRaven before the question about McRaven's criticism was asked. Discredit McRaven and you also discredit his criticism.

What does his military career have anything to do with any of this. He goes on CNN and says a rather outlandish statement about Trump and for some reason his military career is brought up as some point? The deflection was from Wallace to try and use the guy's military career as some validation for a stupid statement, and Trump didn't buy it.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

ok.sorry.after looking thru your threads i see maybe didnt get it and was wrong.my bad

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsoobviously

ok.sorry.after looking thru your threads i see maybe didnt get it and was wrong.my bad

Hard to tell sometimes

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

The fact is, Trump dismissed McRaven's military career because, according to Trump, he backed Hillary. That was a more important "fact" to Trump than his military service, which gives his opinion a little more wieght than yours and mine.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Admiral MrRaven's service record is not an opinion.

No it is not. Trump did not mention it.
Trump was responding to the line of questioning which started as follows:
www.realclearpolitics.com...

WALLACE: Let’s get to the bigger issue. In 2017, last year, you tweeted this, and I want to quote it accurately, “The fake news media is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American people.”
TRUMP: That’s true, 100 percent. Not the media.

The interviewer attempted to insert his opinion and injected the admiral. The interviewee injected facts.
The whole line of questions was about fake news. Not ANYONES service record.
Attempting to use a service person to bolster his opinion, the interviewer, is pretty disgusting.
Instead of calling out the interviewer you choose to manufacture an insult to the service person; also disgusting.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Your attempt to cover for Trump's dismissal of Admiral McRaven's service record, by blaming Chris Wallace, is disgusting.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join