It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President can't take criticism refuses to acknowledge Navy Seal who killed Bin Laden

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

No one is willing to admit that Trump's behavior is actually dangerous to our democracy.

No it's not. It's healthy.

dictator behavior

Are you for real? I know you have a bad case of TDS, but, seriously? If Trump were exhibiting dictator behavior, there is so much more he could be doing that he hasn't done. He respects the rule of law. That's what activist leftists hate more than anything.

And for your information, there are people that spend a good part of their lives doing honorable commendable things, then, out of hatred or extreme bias, or, like a certain ex-FBI director, a belief they have some higher calling, turn dirty. It happens.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Hillary Clinton fan. Hilary Clinton, uh, backer and an Obama-backer

These now qualify as:

dismissed the entire career

wow
really?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Propagandalf

a reply to: Propagandalf

The troops are relevant because Trump has dismissed the entire career of a respected admiral simply because the admiral criticized him, not to mention Trump's insulting dismissals of Gold Star Families, POWs and failed to even appear at the pre-scheduled memorial services in France and at Arlington, and using the troops as political pawns at the southern border for mid-term election votes.

He did not dismiss the entire career of a respected admiral.

You know what? You're right. He did not disrespect the entire career of the admiral because the admiral criticized him. He dismissed the entire career of the admiral because, according to Trump, be was a Hillary backer. (He wasn't)

WALLACE: Bill McRaven, Retired Admiral, Navy Seal, 37 years, former head of U.S. Special Operations —

TRUMP: Hillary Clinton fan.

WALLACE: Special Operations —

TRUMP: Excuse me, Hillary Clinton fan.

WALLACE: Who led the operations, commanded the operations that took down Saddam Hussein and that killed Osama bin Laden says that your sentiment is the greatest threat to democracy in his lifetime.

TRUMP: OK, he’s a Hilary Clinton, uh, backer and an Obama-backer and frankly —

He never dismissed the entire career of McRaven. That’s where you’re wrong, or lying, or both.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yes. He absolutely dismissed the man and his entire career in that interview.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Would you be kind enough to point out how in your opinion?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Do you always dismiss someone’s existence and career when they get criticized?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

To sum up Trump's position "Sure, he took down Bin Laden but he didn't do it fast enough". So instead of being an adult and saying something along the lines of "I greatly appreciate the service McRaven has given to this country. He served this country greatly through his many years of service and especially for the takedown of Bin Laden. However, on this subject, I respectfully disagree with his opinion and this is why........", Trump decides to act like a petulant toddler incapable of taking an ounce of criticism gracefully.

First, the President was right... Second, screw McRaven... McRaven didn't take anyone down...he was an Admiral...lol
If he wants to retire and work for CNN or other news org then so be it, but if he dishes the heat then expect some in return. Heat as in saying that Trump's tweets are "the greatest threat to our democracy"... So I guess the President needs to start off with some flowery statement for for the guy before he makes any comments now.

edit on 19-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Apparently Trump can’t handle criticism, so we’re going to write countless articles and threads on how he shouldn’t criticize people.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

This isn't about me. It's about Trump and his cavalier dismissal Admiral Mc Raven's career. Trump obviously sees the Admiral as an adversary, and has to dismiss the man so as not to have to deal with the content of his criticism.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Would you be kind enough to point out how in your opinion?

WALLACE: Bill McRaven, Retired Admiral, Navy Seal, 37 years, former head of U.S. Special Operations —

TRUMP: Hillary Clinton fan.

WALLACE: Special Operations —

TRUMP: Excuse me, Hillary Clinton fan.

WALLACE: Who led the operations, commanded the operations that took down Saddam Hussein and that killed Osama bin Laden says that your sentiment is the greatest threat to democracy in his lifetime.

TRUMP: OK, he’s a Hilary Clinton, uh, backer and an Obama-backer and frankly —

WALLACE: He was a Navy Seal 37 years —

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
And as far as the whole "fake news" bit....it appears to me one side is actually gaining ground....guess which one..

www.foxnews.com...

Anti-Trump comedian Michelle Wolf called the White House Correspondents' Association “cowards” for ditching comedy for its annual dinner in 2019 after she made headlines with a crude performance last April. “The @whca are cowards. The media is complicit. And I couldn't be prouder,” Wolf tweeted after the WHCA announced that Alexander Hamilton biographer Ron Chernow would be the featured speaker at the annual dinner, which is scheduled for April 27.

and not without the normal criticisms...

“Way to ruin it for everyone Michelle Wolf,” Mediaite editor Colby Hall wrote.

“Michelle Wolf didn't just kill her career, she killed the WHCA dinner entertainment too,” Erick Erickson tweeted.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Is he not those things?
Are those things now considered an insult?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

This isn't about me. It's about Trump and his cavalier dismissal Admiral Mc Raven's career. Trump obviously sees the Admiral as an adversary, and has to dismiss the man so as not to have to deal with the content of his criticism.

He didn’t dismiss his career, either explicitly or implicitly, so I have to wonder how you came to that conclusion unless you yourself dismiss someone’s career when they receive a little criticism.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Should I highlight the profound bigotry in your post?

Naa, let the folks see that shallow mind.

Have you spent those 500$ yet?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

dismiss verb
……..
3a: to reject serious consideration of
dismissed the thought

Yes. He dismissed Mc Raven's entire career, when asked about Mc Raven's criticism of his attacks on the media.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

Apparently Trump can’t handle criticism, so we’re going to write countless articles and threads on how he shouldn’t criticize people.

Trump is a typical New Yorker...lol Go to New York and dish some Sh@t talk around and see what happens in the return Sh@t talk...If people want to dish it to the president then expect return fire, what the hell people, its been over two years and so many are still walking around with their panties in a wad...ya even a retired admiral too.

BTW I'm a highly decorated vet so from this point forward anyone that replies to me I want this statement in their reply first...

" "I greatly appreciate the service Xtrozero has given to this country. He served this country greatly through his 28 years of service and especially during every war and contingency since 1980 that he flew over 10,000 hours for...."

Give me a freaken break...lol

link   

dismiss verb
……..
3a: to reject serious consideration of
dismissed the thought

Yes. He dismissed Mc Raven's entire career, when asked about Mc Raven's criticism of his attacks on the media.

He dismissed the criticism, sure, but never mentioned any career.

link   
Way to go pulling this out of context.

He was talking about Pakistant. Please quote Trump on the sentence where he say specifically what you accuse him saying.

You can´t. You really tried hard this time but it´s obvious he was talking about pakistan aiding bin laden. And he speaks the truth on that.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Way to go pulling this out of context.

He was talking about Pakistant. Please quote Trump on the sentence where he say specifically what you accuse him saying.

You can´t. You really tried hard this time but it´s obvious he was talking about pakistan aiding bin laden. And he speaks the truth on that.

You can tell what they want to avoid talking about by seeing what they suppress.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Is he not those things?

Does it matter?

Are those things now considered an insult?

According to Trump and his followers they are not only an insult, but a reason to disqualify that person's validity.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join