It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President can't take criticism refuses to acknowledge Navy Seal who killed Bin Laden

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Latest Trump tweet on the matter:

“Of course we should have captured Osama Bin Laden long before we did. I pointed him out in my book just BEFORE the attack on the World Trade Center. President Clinton famously missed his shot. We paid Pakistan Billions of Dollars & they never told us he was living there. Fools!..”

So tell me, do you honestly support Trump here? Do you believe him when he tells you that we should have listened to him and that we would have caught Bin Laden sooner?

I think he’s exactly right. It would have been better to catch Osama a great deal sooner, for the obvious reasons. So tell me, do you disagree with that?

Bill Clinton and the missed opportunities to kill Osama Bin Laden

Well, that's the problem with blindly believing in what someone tells you. He is lying to you. He did mention Bin Laden in his book, but he argued against Bin Laden being a threat to the United States.

It's true, Trump did give bin Laden a brief mention in "The America We Deserve," published in 2000. In fact, he suggested bin Laden was just "a shadowy figure with no fixed address" and not America's "public enemy No. 1."

Trump insists he called out Osama bin Laden in his 2000 book. He actually pondered whether bin Laden was so bad.

How is he lying? He never said we should have listened to him. That’s your lie.

You posted the tweet, here let me refresh your memory:

“Of course we should have captured Osama Bin Laden long before we did. I pointed him out in my book just BEFORE the attack on the World Trade Center. President Clinton famously missed his shot. We paid Pakistan Billions of Dollars & they never told us he was living there. Fools!..”

So he is saying that we should have captured Osama Bin Laden long before we did and then points to his book saying "Look I pointed him out BEFORE the attack on the World Trade Center" But, that isn't what he did at all. He didn't say in his book "Hey this guy is dangerous we should focus on him". Instead he argued that he wasn't that big of a deal.

Anyone with half a brain can see that Trump is attempting to make it appear that he is so smart that he knew Osama Bin Laden was bad news before everyone else. However, for the people who actually care about facts can easily see through those lies. So which group do you fall into?

I love your psychic abilities. You know Trumps intentions better than he does.

He Never said what you claim he said. Again, that’s your lie. Of course it would have been better to catch or kill Osama before 9/11.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

a reply to: Propagandalf

Is that a reason to discredit Admiral McRaven for criticizing Trump over his attacks on the press?

I wasn’t aware McRaven was above criticism.

Is that a valid criticism of the man? Do you disrespect the troop who served in Iraq because George Bush and Dick Cheney, among others, lied?

I always disrespect those who try to disrespect me, no matter who they are.

Really? Then what is Trump's excuse for disrespecting McRaven? In what way did McRaven disrespect Trump?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Is that a reason to discredit Admiral McRaven for criticizing Trump over his attacks on the press?

Is that a valid criticism of the man? Do you disrespect the troop who served in Iraq because George Bush and Dick Cheney, among others, lied?

And McRaven and veterans have disrespected you, to give your permission to Trump to disrespect them?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Really? Then what is Trump's excuse for disrespecting McRaven? In what way did McRaven disrespect Trump?

He compared Trump to McCarthy for revoking top spook Brennan’s security clearance.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

And McRaven and veterans have disrespected you, to give your permission to Trump to disrespect them?

If you formulate that into a better question I might be able to answer it for you.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Latest Trump tweet on the matter:

So tell me, do you honestly support Trump here? Do you believe him when he tells you that we should have listened to him and that we would have caught Bin Laden sooner?

I think he’s exactly right. It would have been better to catch Osama a great deal sooner, for the obvious reasons. So tell me, do you disagree with that?

Bill Clinton and the missed opportunities to kill Osama Bin Laden

Well, that's the problem with blindly believing in what someone tells you. He is lying to you. He did mention Bin Laden in his book, but he argued against Bin Laden being a threat to the United States.

It's true, Trump did give bin Laden a brief mention in "The America We Deserve," published in 2000. In fact, he suggested bin Laden was just "a shadowy figure with no fixed address" and not America's "public enemy No. 1."

Trump insists he called out Osama bin Laden in his 2000 book. He actually pondered whether bin Laden was so bad.

How is he lying? He never said we should have listened to him. That’s your lie.

You posted the tweet, here let me refresh your memory:

So he is saying that we should have captured Osama Bin Laden long before we did and then points to his book saying "Look I pointed him out BEFORE the attack on the World Trade Center" But, that isn't what he did at all. He didn't say in his book "Hey this guy is dangerous we should focus on him". Instead he argued that he wasn't that big of a deal.

Anyone with half a brain can see that Trump is attempting to make it appear that he is so smart that he knew Osama Bin Laden was bad news before everyone else. However, for the people who actually care about facts can easily see through those lies. So which group do you fall into?

I love your psychic abilities. You know Trumps intentions better than he does.

He Never said what you claim he said. Again, that’s your lie. Of course it would have been better to catch or kill Osama before 9/11.

You are so freaking delusional. Let's look at this one sentence from his tweet and you explain to me how this isn't a lie.

Of course we should have captured Osama Bin Laden long before we did. I pointed him out in my book just BEFORE the attack on the World Trade Center

How did Trump point him out in his book if in his book he argued against him being a threat? What kind of warped thinking does it require to take these two statements and still believe he is telling the truth?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Has Mc Raven and have veterans disrespected you so much that you give Trump a pass on his diesrespect of them?

edit on 19-11-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

He compared Trump to McCarthy for revoking top spook Brennan’s security clearance.

That's called criticism not disrespect. He always called him President Trump, he gave him the respect that the office demands. Trump on the other hand did not. Just like I said in the title, Trump can't handle criticism and even in this interview labeled any unfair news as fake.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Has Mc Raven and have veterans disrespected you so much that you give Trump a pass on his diesrespect of them?

I let anyone defend themselves from criticism, especially if it is undue.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

That's called criticism not disrespect. He always called him President Trump, he gave him the respect that the office demands. Trump on the other hand did not. Just like I said in the title, Trump can't handle criticism and even in this interview labeled any unfair news as fake.

It sounds like you and the press can’t handle criticism, unlike your title. I can’t imagine how much ink was wasted on this and other perceived slights.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

And just how have the troops and veterans in general criticized Trump? How does the Admiral's criticism of Trump make Trump's dismissal of the man's service record valid?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

And just how have the troops and veterans in general criticized Trump? How does the Admiral's criticism of Trump make Trump's dismissal of the man's service record valid?

Trump is very fond of troops and veterans in general. Given that Trump’s criticism is about one man, I’m not sure how troops and veterans in general are a part of this conversation. Nor did he dismiss the man’s service record.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It sounds like you and the press can’t handle criticism, unlike your title. I can’t imagine how much ink was wasted on this and other perceived slights.

It really is telling that the best defense you and any other Trump defenders can muster is "It's not that big of a deal". You just view Trump's poor behavior as "Well, that's just Trump". No one is willing to admit that Trump's behavior is actually dangerous to our democracy. Attacking critics and attempting to demonize them are the tactics of dictators and despots from across all of history. In your head, you are thinking "I can't believe people are getting all worked up about something so little" but it's not little because this isn't a one time event. Trump has made events like this one commonplace and that is incredibly dangerous.

Just because you support the politics of this guy is no reason to go along with his wannabe dictator behavior. If you don't believe me just pick up a history book on any dictator in history and you will see that one of the first things they do is to harshly criticize and demonize anyone that criticizes them. In a democracy the ability to criticize our elected leaders is one of our most basic rights.

For you to cheer on a President disrespecting and demonizing a former military officer that has given 37 years of his life in service of this country is the most un-American thing I can think of. You should be ashamed of yourself.

It is quite obvious that if this was a democrat instead of Trump you and many others on this site would be all over it. But since it is Trump, it's not a big deal.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The troops are relevant because Trump has dismissed the entire career of a respected admiral simply because the admiral criticized him, not to mention Trump's insulting dismissals of Gold Star Families, POWs and failed to even appear at the pre-scheduled memorial services in France and at Arlington, and using the troops as political pawns at the southern border for mid-term election votes.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The troops are relevant because Trump has dismissed the entire career of a respected admiral simply because the admiral criticized him, not to mention Trump's insulting dismissals of Gold Star Families, POWs and failed to even appear at the pre-scheduled memorial services in France and at Arlington, and using the troops as political pawns at the southern border for mid-term election votes.

He did not dismiss the entire career of a respected admiral.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

I don't even bother reading the OPs any more.

I just write "Orange man bad" in a little notebook, and move along.

"RREEeeeeeeeeee".

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Why can’t you take a little criticism? That’s telling in itself.

You’ve pretended a little criticism is “dangerous to our democracy”. That’s unamerican and you should cower in shame.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

You can still respect someone without agreeing with them.

wow
just wow
I stand in awe!

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Trump attakcs Gold Star families and a sitting senator for being a POW. He tried to put a drunken doctor in charge of the VA. He didn't attend Veteran Day observances, twice, because of rain. He insulted the widow if the fallen soldier after the ambush in Niger. He sent troops to the southern border to win mid-term election votes.

And he hasn't pardoned the turkeys yet!
Can you believe his gall?
Every other president has pardoned the turkeys.....

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

He did not dismiss the entire career of a respected admiral.

You know what? You're right. He did not disrespect the entire career of the admiral because the admiral criticized him. He dismissed the entire career of the admiral because, according to Trump, be was a Hillary backer. (He wasn't)

WALLACE: Bill McRaven, Retired Admiral, Navy Seal, 37 years, former head of U.S. Special Operations —

TRUMP: Hillary Clinton fan.

WALLACE: Special Operations —

TRUMP: Excuse me, Hillary Clinton fan.

WALLACE: Who led the operations, commanded the operations that took down Saddam Hussein and that killed Osama bin Laden says that your sentiment is the greatest threat to democracy in his lifetime.

TRUMP: OK, he’s a Hilary Clinton, uh, backer and an Obama-backer and frankly —

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join