It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists may target *UK Elections* (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
A real threat in the preperations for the UK elections, because the attack in Madrid had great impact in the Spanish elections they may try to do the same in England (Londen). Blair and comrades say ''The threat is real'' the also say that they want to act before an attack, what sounds very logic to me.

Also, this year the UK will be responsible of the EU presidency, and with that comes huge responsibility, not to forget the ''Royal wedding''

news.bbc.co.uk
Election 'could be terror target'

Sir Ian Blair said terror groups would remember the effect of the Madrid bomb on Spain's general election last year.

Other potential targets were the royal wedding and the UK's presidency of the European Union and G8, he said.

He refused to say if there was specific information about the risk of a pre-poll attack. No 10 was similarly cautious but said the threat was real.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think 2005 will be a difficult subject for almost every western goverment, and this year the most for the UK, with the time passing a chance for a next attack will increase, and there for the a lot of money has to be invested in security. ofcourse it is worth every life you save with it, and but I wonder how much the global ''western'' economy has to suffer under all this prevention costs. Even if we can stop ''the so called next attack'' how much will it cost us? maybe more that when the attack really happend...

Related News Links:
www.mirror.co.uk
portal.telegraph.co.u k

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
(i voted 'no' because this is just rumourmongering really)

"Terrorists have long memories. They understand what happened in Madrid and know what the impact of that was on the Spanish electorate.

Its seems that most of them are just remembering madrid and thinking that they too are a target, sort of like in the lead up to the US elections.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't think that's a valid reason to spike a story. The concern is legitimate and it is from "reputable" sources. I think it is a valid component of the threat matrix.

[edit on 05/2/25 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

join