It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The evilness of alcohol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The pastor decided to preach about the evilness of alcohol. That Sunday he saw Johnny, the local drunk, were amongst the churchgoers and very happy. In the sermon he uses an example of Scotch that he poured into a glass and then put an earthworm into the Scotch which obviously died.
After the sermon a fellow churchgoer asked Johnny if he learned something from what the priest had said.
Yes said Johnny “people who drink do not have worms”

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ICycle2

My male parent was an alcoholic and a town drunk so i have a bit of an idea of what its like. Most people on this forum would little idea of the destructive power of alcohol.

They would have little idea of what its like.

I am 65 years old and I have 5 siblings.

Only 3-4 years ago I learned by accident that I have post traumatic stress from the violence from the time I was still learning to talk until I was 13 years old.

The laughing of other kids at school about our torn and mended school clothes has not helped with my, and most likely my siblings also, self image problems either.

I strongly suspect all my siblings also have PTS but they are very uneasy about talking about the past at all.

so yes, I have a bit of an idea of what its like.

PS; to those who think alcoholism is the work of the devil or weakness in the individual, I can tell you from research carried out by the people who have death with and treated drunks for years, that while they cannot prove it, empirical evidence, shows that alcoholism is a gene and it jumps every second generation so be warned.

edit on 19-11-2018 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2018 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

It a joke and was supposed to be about the humour.

Maybe you can make another thread concerning the problems and reasons around alcoholism to get your knowledge across. I will support that because I accept it as a problem and think people should know about it.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I realised it was a job after I posted it, no worries.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yes, but did the earthworm actually die or was it just, like, really chill?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Also alcohol causes problems with communication.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I cannot believe a minister would waste whisky

That,s a sin in this part of the world

top topics

join